Leviticus - Overview

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon May 18 13:55:51 PDT 2009

   * LEVITICUS - OVERVIEW - T0801R*

*“FELLOWSHIP THROUGH SANCTIFICATION”*

 *1. 3:17 (1-7) THE OFFERINGS: FOR ABSOLUTION. “It shall be a perpetual
statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings, that you shall
eat neither fat nor blood.” *Father, you have a right as Creator to rule
over all the earth, and to establish rules and laws in Your wisdom. *Hallowed
be Your :name!*

 *2. 9:24 (8-10) THE PRIESTHOOD: FOR INTERCESSION. “And there came forth
fire from Jehovah, and consumed upon the altar the burnt-offering and the
fat: and when all the people saw it, they shouted and fell on their faces.”
*When we do your will, Father, You confirm Your word with signs
following. *Your
:kingdom come!*

 *3. 16:34 (11-16) THE PEOPLE: THEIR PURIFICATION. “And this shall be an
everlasting statute unto you, to make atonement for the children of Israel
because of all their sins once in the year. And he did as Jehovah commanded
Moses.” *Father, You meet the needs of Your covenant people. This is Your
establishment of Yom Kippur, the annual Day of Atonement. *Your :will be
done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 17:13 (17) THE ALTAR: FOR RECONCILIATION. “And whatever man there be of
the children of Israel, or of he strangers that sojourn among them, who
takes in hunting any beast or bird that may be eaten: he shall pour out the
blood of it, and cover it with dust.” *Father, You have put *life* in the *
blood*! You were in Messiah reconciling the world to Yourself. *Our :daily
:bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 18:29-30 (18-20) REGULATIONS FOR THE PEOPLE. “For whoever shall
do anyof these
abominations, even the souls that do them shall be cut off from among the
people. 30 Therefore shall you keep my charge, that you practice not any of
these abominable customs, which were practiced before you, and that you
defile not yourselves in them: I am Jehovah your God.” *Father, You who
spoke these things, are still holy to us. And - Your word to us is, “*You be
holy too*, for I am holy! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have
forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 22:9 (21-22) REGULATIONS FOR THE PRIESTS. “They shall therefore keep my
charge, lest they bear sin for it, and die in it, if they profane it; I am
Jehovah who sanctifies them” *Father, Whose Name in in Your Son, and Who are
both is us: as Your spiritual Kingdom of Priests, we walk softly before You.
Your Spirit in us enables us in Kingdom power to walk in the truths of the
types and shadows set forth in this book of Leviticus. *And bring us not
into temptation.*

 *7. 26:40, 42 (23-27) REGULATIONS FOR FEASTS IN CANAAN. “And they shall
confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, in their trespass
which they trespassed against me, and also that, because they walked
contrary unto me. 42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob; and also
my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember,
and I will remember the land.” *These words prepared the children of Israel,
and encouraged them, just prior to their entry under Joshua into the land of
Canaan. Canaan land for Israel is a type and shadow for the Church, the One
New Man, which is made real in the Kingdom of God through the indwelling
Holy Spirit, the promise of God in Jeremiah 31. *But deliver us from the
evil one.*

 *NOTE*: In Leviticus, the blood and fat around organs (not muscles) - must
be carefully dealt with according to God's commands. The blood was to be
poured out and covered with earth, for *the life* is in the blood. The soul
automatically dies as blood is completely shed, and animals have souls, but
not spirit like man. Man is made in the image of God, who is *spirit*.

 The body-organ-fat must be burned in all 4 offerings (whole burnt, peace,
trespass and sin).

 The Book of Leviticus is a type of the priesthood of the New Testament.
Here, we *all* are a *Kingdom of Priests*. Because the Old Testament is a
type in Israel foreshadowing the church, we in the church under the New
Covenant (The One New Man of Jew & Gentile), are not obliged to keep the Old
Testament commands to Israel. But, we are to walk in the words of Jesus
through His apostles, which give the spiritual counterpart to what Moses
gave Israel.

 Let us remember that the New Testament is in the Old contained, and the Old
Testament is by the New explained. George Muller had a heart for Israel, but
he remembered Acts 15 and the Book of Galatians, and was not caught up in
Old Testament “legalism.”

 Even the Jews could not fulfill the above (see Romans chapter 7) - but the
Holy Spirit in the New Testament enables believers here to see Him live out
the victorious life of Christ through us. - J.A.W.

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: