1 Corinthians 6:1-20

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 20:59:34 PST 2009

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

   *2009-01-26 - 1 CORINTHIANS 6:1-20*

 *B. 6:1-11 CHRISTIANS NOT TO GO OUTSIDE CHURCH FOR JUDGMENT*

*a. 6:1 QUESTION*

TolMA [5111] tis huM*O*N, PRAGma [4229] Ech*o*n pros ton HEte-ron,

*Dare any of you, having a matter against the other,*

KRInes-thai [2919] ePI t*o*n aDIk*o*n [94], kai ouCHI ePI t*o*n haGI*o*n
[40]?

*go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints?*

 *b. 6:2 QUESTIONS*

*e* ouk OIda-te HOti hoi HAgi-oi ton KOSmon [2889] kriNOUsin?

*Or know you not that the saints shall judge the world?*

kai ei en huMIN KRIne-tai ho KOSmos,

*and if the world is judged by you,*

aNAxiOI [370] es-te kri-t*e*RI*o*n [2922] e-laCHISt*o*n [1646]?

*are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?*

 *c. 6:3 QUESTIONS*

ouk OIda-te HOti ag-GElous [32] kriNOUmen?

*Know you not that we shall judge angels?*

M*E*ti-ge, bi-*o*-tiKA [982]?

*how much more, things pertaining to this life?*

 *d. 6:4-5a APPLICATION*

bi-*o*-tiKA men oun kriT*E*ri-a eAN Ech*e*-te,

*If then you have to judge things pertaining to this life,*

tous e-xou-the-n*e*MEnous [1848] en t*e* ek-kl*e*SIa [1577] TOUtous
kaTHIze-te [2523]?

*do you set them to judge who are of no account in the church?*

pros en-troP*E*N [1791] huMIN LEg*o*.

*5a I say this to move you to shame.*

 *e. 6:5b-6 SOLUTION: USE WISE IN THE CHURCH TO JUDGE*

HOUt*o*s ouk HEni en huMIN ouDEIS soPHOS [4680]

*Thus is there not among you one wise man*

hos duN*E*se-tai [1410] di-aKRInai [1252] aNA MEson tou a-delPHOU auTOU,

*who shall be able to decide between his :brothers,*

alLA a-delPHOS me-TA a-delPHOU KRIne-tai, kai TOUto ePI aPISt*o*n [571]?

*6 but brother goes to law with brother, and that before unbelievers?*

 *f. 6:7a A DEFECT: FOR CHRISTIAN TO GO TO LAW AGAINST EACH OTHER *

*E*d*e* men oun HOl*o*s H*E*Tt*e*-ma [2275] huMIN es-tin,

*No, already it is altogether a defect in you, *

HOti KRIma-ta [2917] Eche-te meth' he-auT*O*N.

*that you have lawsuits one with another.*

 *g. 6:7b SOLUTION: BE DEFRAUDED*

diA ti ouCHI MALlon a-diKEISthe [91]? diA ti ouCHI MALlon a-po-steREISthe
[650]?

*Why not rather take wrong? why not rather be defrauded?*

 *h. 6:8 UNFORTUNATE CONSEQUENCES FOR FAILURE*

alLA huMEIS a-diKEIte kai a-po-steREIte, kai TOUto a-delPHOUS.

*But YOU wrong and defraud, and that brethren.*

 *i. 6:9a A SERIOUS REVELATION*

*e* ouk OIda-te HOti Adi-koi

*Or know you not that the unrighteous*

TheOU ba-siLEIan [932] ou kl*e*-ro-noM*E*sou-sin [2816]?

*shall not inherit God's kingdom?*

 *j. 6:9b-10 NONE SHOULD BE DECEIVED IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS*

M*e* plaNASthe [4105]: OUte PORnoi [4205], OUte ei-d*o*-loLAtrai [1496],
OUte moiCHOI [3432],

*Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,*

OUte ma-laKOI 3120], OUte ar-se-noKOItai [733],

*nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,*

OUte KLEPtai [2812], OUte ple-oNEKtai [4123], ou MEthu-soi [3183], ou
LOIdo-roi [3060],

*10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers,*

ouch HARpa-ges [727], ba-siLEIan TheOU kl*e*-ro-noM*E*sou-sin.

*nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.*

 *k. 6:11 THE STATE OF CORINTHIANS PRIOR TO SALVATION*

kai TAU-TA ti-nes *E*te: alLA a-peLOUsas-the [628],

*And such were some of you: but you were washed,*

alLA h*e*-giASth*e*-te [37], alLA e-di-kai*O*th*e*te [1344] en t*o* oNOma-ti

*but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name*

tou KuRIou h*e*M*O*N 'I*e*SOU ChrisTOU, kai en t*o* PNEUma-ti tou TheOU h*e*
M*O*N.

*of our :Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our :God.*

 *C. 6:12-20 REASONS FOR FLEEING FORNICATION: HIGH NATURE OF THE BODY*

*a. 6:12a EXPEDIENCY: AN ENDANGER TO WHAT IS LAWFUL*

PANta moi Exes-tin [1832]; all' ou PANta sumPHErei [4851].

*All things are lawful for me; but not all are expedient.*

 *b. 6:12b BEING BROUGHT UNDER AUTHORITY: OUTWEIGHS WHAT IS LAWFUL*

PANta moi Exes-tin;

*All are lawful for me;*

all' ouk eG*O* e-xou-si-asTH*E*so-mai [1850] huPO ti-nos.

*but I will not be brought under the power of any.*

 *c. 6:13a FOOD AND THE STOMACH: BUT FOR TIME*

ta BR*O*ma-ta [1033] t*e* koiLIa, kai h*e* koiLIa [2836] tois BR*O*ma-sin:

*:Meats for the belly, and the belly for :meats:*

ho de TheOS kai TAUt*e*n kai TAUta ka-tarG*E*sei [2673].

*but :God shall bring to nought both it and them.*

 *d. 6:13b-14 OUR BODY: RESERVED FOR THE LORD IN SANCTIFICATION*

to de S*O*ma ou t*e* porNEIa, alLA t*o* KuRI*o*;

*But the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord;*

kai ho KUri-os t*o* S*O*ma-ti:

*and the Lord for the body:*

ho de TheOS kai ton KUri-on *E*gei-ren [1453],

*14 and :God both raised the Lord,*

kai huMAS e-xe-geREI [1825] diA t*e*s duNAme-*o*s auTOU.

*and will raise up us through his :power.*

 *e. 6:15a OUR BODIES: MEMBERS OF CHRIST!*

ouk OIda-te HOti ta S*O*ma-ta [4983] huM*O*N MEl*e* [3196] ChrisTOU es-tin?

*Know you not that your :bodies are membes of Christ?*

HAras oun ta MEl*e* tou ChrisTOU,

*shall I then take away the members of the Christ,*

poi*E*s*o* PORn*e*s [4204] MEl*e*?

*and make them members of a harlot?*

 *f. 6:15b Be it not so. *m*e* GEnoi-to.

 *g. 6:16 HARLOTRY BRINGS US INTO UNION WITH THE HARLOT*

*e* ouk OIda-te HOti ho kolL*O*me-nos [2853] t*e* PORn*e* hen S*O*-MA
es-tin?

*Or do you not know that who is joined to the harlot is one body?*

Eson-tai gar, ph*e*SIN, hoi DUo eis SARka [4562] MIan.

*for, The two, says he, shall become one flesh. *

 *h. 6:17 THE CHRISTIAN IS MADE ONE SPIRIT WITH CHRIST*

ho de kolL*O*me-nos t*o* KuRI*o* hen PNEU-MA es-tin.

*But who is joined to the Lord is one spirit.*

 *i. 6:18a Flee :fornication. *PHEU-ge-te [5343] t*e*n porNEIan [4202].

 *j. 6:18a FORNICATION: A SIN AGAINST THE BODY*

pan haMARt*e*-ma [265] ho eAN poi*E*s*e* ANthr*o*-pos ekTOS tou S*O*maTOS
es-tin;

*Every sin that a man does is without the body;*

ho de porNEU*o*n [4203] eis to Idi-on S*O*ma ha-marTAnei.

*but who commits fornication sins against his :own body.*

 *k. 6:19-20 OUR BODY: A TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT*

*e* ouk OIda-te HOti to S*O*ma huM*O*N naOS [3485] en huMIN HaGIou PNEUmaTOS
es-tin,

*Or know you not that your :body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in
you,*

hou Eche-te aPO TheOU? kai ouk esTE he-auT*O*N;

*whom you have from God? and you are not your own;*

*e*-goRASth*e*te [59] gar tiM*E*S [5092]:

*20 for you were bought with a price:*

doXAsa-te [1392] d*e* ton TheON en t*o* S*O*ma-ti huM*O*N.

*glorify :God therefore in your :body.*

 *NOTE**:* 1 Corinthians 6:1-11 - Christians should not go outside the City
Church to settle legal problems before unbelieving attorneys and judges and
juries. This is a very serious charge against the Corinthian City Church.
But - what of us today? What of the City Churches of America and Canada? Are
their Elderships in the Gates of each of these cities, as there was in the
case of Boaz in Bethlehem to handle a spiritual matter concerning Ruth? In
those days the Elders in the Gate of each city handled *all* matters, both
secular and spiritual. We cannot expect that to take place today in the
secular field - but *surely* we can heed Paul's exhortation to the City
Church of Corinth - and do likewise in the spiritual field! All local
churches in the beginning counted themselves as one church of a city. How
many in Jerusalem? I have read estimates of from one hundred to five
hundred.

 Could such an exhortation be realized today? I believe so. Numbers of us
are even now praying for God to raise up at least 5-8 elders in the Gate of
each City Church, not only for the purpose of 1 Corinthians chapter 6 - but
to function also as an organic automated laser telescope to take out
principalities and powers over their respective cities. *This* is what King
David did through Urim and Thummim. See how God took out the Philistines
from the Gaza area, and all David had to do was *mop up!* We too could have
the 5-fold Eldership of Ephesians 4:11 represented in each City Church,
functioning like that of Antioch in Acts 13:1-3 and Jerusalem in Acts 15.
Why not? Take Zechariah 12:8, and apply it for the "One New Man" of Jew and
Gentile in these last days, with each elder in the City Gate as a *
million-fold* effect in the Gate of each city. Why not? According to our
faith it will be unto us. We are believing for such a break-through in
several Canadian cities this year, and several American cities. So such this
way has not been experienced for many a year! But is God limited by time?

 Who will be so motivated by God - that on behalf of his city church - he
will believe for 8 elders of the 5-fold ministry to gather in the gate of *
his* city? *Nothing* is impossible to him who believes. Marie and I are
dedicated to help as many cities as possible for this worthy goal. If we at
85 can spear-head in this direction, we believe God can raise up many
individuals in many cities to believe for such an Eldership in the Gate of *
their* cities.

 By June of this year we will have visited 2 Canadian and 2 American cities
for this very purpose of Prayer Multiplication in the Gates of these 4
respective cities. Last September 2008 I sensed the Lord saying - "The
Vision of Spiritual Star Wars I gave you in 1967 and confirmed in1985 has
not yet been fully activated. But My time to activate this vision is now at
hand. Step out in faith, and see My Activation!"

 God bless each of you who hear His voice, and join with us for the
fulfillment of His Last Day Purposes.

 Jim & Marie Watt

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>