Psalm for the Upright

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 16:51:09 PST 2009

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

   *2009-01-18 - PSALM FOR THE UPRIGHT - PSALM 112*

 *a. 112:1 TWO REASONS WHY GOD BLESSES A MAN*

HAle-lu Yah. a-she-rey - IYSH yaRE [3372] eth - Ye-h*o*VAH,

*Praise Jehovah. Blessed is the man who fears Jehovah,*

be-mi-ts*o*THAIV [4687] chaPH*E*TZ [2654] me*O*D.

*Who delights greatly in his commandments.*

 *b. 112:2 GOD'S PROMISE TO CHILDREN OF COVENANT-KEEPERS*

giB*O*R BAa-retz yi-heYEH za-re*O* [2233];

*His seed shall be mighty upon earth;*

d*o*r ye-shaRIYM [3477] ye-b*o*RAC.

*The generation of the upright shall be blessed.*

 *c. 112:3 MATERIAL PROMISES TO THE UPRIGHT*

Ch*o*n va*O*sher be-b*e*yTH*O*;

*Wealth and riches are in his house;*

ve-tsi-de-kaTH*O* [6666] *o*MEdeth [5975] la*E*D.

*And his righteousness endures for ever.*

 *d. 112:4 FURTHER BLESSINGS FOR THE UPRIGHT*

zaRACH baCH*O*shec *o*r [216] la-ye-shaRIYM;

*Unto the upright there arises light in the dariness;*

chanNUN [2557], ve-raCHUM [7349], ve-tsaBIYK [6662].

*He is gracious and merciful and righteous.*

 *e. 112:5 A MOST POWERFUL PROMISE*

T*O*B - iysh ch*o*N*E*N [2003] vu-malVETH [3867];

*Well is it with the man that deals graciously and lends;*

ye-calC*E*L [3557] de-vaRAYV be-mishP*A*T [4941].

*He shall maintain his cause in judgment.*

 *f. 112:6 ADDED POWERFUL PROMISES*

ciy - le-*o*L*A*M l*o* - yimM*O*T [4131];

*For he shall never be moved;*

leZ*E*cer [2143] *o*LAM yi-heYEH tsaDIYK.

*The righteous shall be had in everlasting remembrance.*

 *g. 112:7 THE STATE OF HEART OF THE UPRIGHT*

mish-she-muAH [8052] R*A*-*ah* l*o* yiyR*A*:

*He shall not be afraid of evil tidings:*

n*a*CON [3559] libB*O*, b*a*TUach [982] bay-h*o*VAH.

*His heart is fixed, trusting in Jehovah.*

 *h. 112:8 JUSTICE FINALLY COMES TO THE UPRIGHT *

saMUD [5564] libB*O*, l*o* yiyR*A*,

*His heart is established, he shall not be afraid,*

ad aSHER - yir*E*H be-tsaR*A*YV.

*Until he see his desire upon his adversaries.*

 *i. 112:9 GENEROSITY: A MARK OF THE UPRIGHT*

pizZAR [6340], n*a*THAN la-ev-y*o*NIYM;

*He has dispersed, he has given to the needy;*

TSI-de-ka-th*o* *o*MEdeth l*a*AD:

*His righteousness endures for ever:*

karN*O* [7161] t*a*R*O*M [7311] be-c*a*B*O*D [3519].

*His horn shall be exalted with honor.*

 *j. 112:10 THE END OF THE WICKED VERSUS THE UPRIGHT*

raSH*A* yirEH, ve-c*a*-*A*S [3707];

*The wicked shall see it, and be grieved;*

shimN*A*YV yachR*O*K, ve-n*a*M*A*S [4549]:

*He shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away:*

ta-aVATH re-sh*a*IYM [7563] t*o*B*E*D [6] .

*The desire of the wicked shall perish.*

 *NOTE:* For many years - 64 - I have read this Psalm twice a year, and felt
- *"I ought to do something special with this Psalm."* Today, Sunday,
January 18, 2009, I felt the prompting of the Holy Spirit, *"Make a Hebrew
Interlinear presentation of this Psalm, and carefully point out the blessing
to the children of Upright, Covenant Parents."*

 This is not just a Psalm for children, grandchildren and those to the
fourth generation. - *No* - this is a Psalm for godly faith-active parents
on behalf of their progeny. First, it is a promise to claim salvation for
them. Jonathan Edwards saw these promises, and wrote out a covenant before
God. He told Him what he had discovered in His promises, and that he was
claiming salvation for his progeny down to the 4th generation.

 Four generations later a Judge was presiding over a criminal case of a man
named Doakes. A news reporter was present recording the proceedings, and
discovered that the Judge was a 4th generation descendant of Jonathan
Edwards and a "believer" because of his preacher-ancestor's covenant claim!
Out of curiosity the reporter did a search of their family tree. Out of over
1600 descendants, all but 20 were strongly committed to God. There were
doctors, lawyers, teachers, government officials, preachers, etc. among
these 1600+.

 However, when he also did a search on the Doake family tree of some 1400,
he found over 1000 with criminal records and jail sentences, at great cost
to taxpayers because of this sad heritage.

 But Psalm 112 is not just for salvation for one's progeny! It has a promise
for success, prosperity, overcoming trials, joy, happiness and excellent
character.

 My wife Marie and I have been aware of both of these promises, and have
claimed them consistently. She has counted well over 40 of her relatives now
in the Kingdom of God - and victory for our own personal family again and
again. Daily we pray for each member of our children, grandchildren and next
month our first great grandchild, Luke Gabriel Long.

 We have seen many attacks against our family members. We claim victory in
each case, and have seen the exceeding faithfulness of God in these regards
also.

 We also add Clan Salvation to our Household Salvation Target. We take the
surnames of the spouses of each of our married children and grandchildren,
plus those of our parents and sisters. I have some 18 clan names I regularly
pray for and claim. Jack Hayford received this revelation from his father
and says - *"If I have but one message to preach - and if neither the host
pastor or the Holy Spirit leads otherwise - I **always** preach on Clan
Salvation." *This is *well worth* investigating. Marie's oldest half brother
at the age of 75 was reached in Quebec, and *all because* of our joint
prayers for the Gaudet Clan among others.

 At the moment Marie and I are earnestly beseeching God on the behalf of one
of our close ones who is being maliciously attacked in a financial manner.
We are *assured* that God will undertake on his behalf. - Jim Watt

 PS. The numbers following certain Hebrew transliterated words provide all
true parallel passages to this word in "Dr. Strong's Concordance."

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: