Romans 7:1-8:11 - Additional Notes

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 22:23:06 PST 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

<http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

*2008-11-21 - ROMANS 7:1-8:11 - ADDITIONAL NOTES*

 Very soon this portion of Scripture will appear in the "Interlinear" format
on our Website. It perhaps is one of the most important sections we have
come to. More people fail to enter into the fullness of the intention of God
that He has prepared for us, because of a lack of clear understanding at
this point.

 I have placed *NOTE* at the conclusion of the above. Because of limited
space, I have decided to finish the thoughts I had in mind as a separate
article that will appear under "Archives." May it be a help and blessing.

 First of all check Romans 7:18 (7:13-25), *"For I know that in me, that is,
in my flesh, dwells **no good**: for to **will** is present with me, but to
work the good, **no**.*

 This is my position apart from the constant full working of the Spirit of
Christ in my life. I cannot function victoriously apart from a
*constant*walk in the Spirit, and believe this is true for every other
human being.
Once in 1949 I was conducting a conference in Minneapolis for Pastor Olson.
At the dinner table I carelessly said, "My goodness". The pastor's wife
quickly spoke up, "You *have* no goodness!" She was absolutely correct!

 Look then at Philippians 3:3 (3:2-4a) *"For we are the circumcision (those
who have been circumcised in heart), who worship by God's Spirit, and glory
in Christ Jesus, and have **no** confidence in the flesh." *Clearer words
could scarcely be spoken. Link this verse with Romans chapter 7.

 Now back to Ivan Panin. His works have lain dormant for decades. But just
as God is indicating that it is His time to activate "Spiritual Star Wars" -
so I believe it is His time to activate an interest in these last days in
Panin's Interlinear Bible Numerics Outlined Greek New Testament. With the
format we are using to put this on our Website, laymen with no knowledge of
Greek can feel perfectly at ease. With Strong's numbers following
significant transliterated Greek words, one can do Greek Word Studies on
them with the use of Strong's Concordance.

 During the years, others have sought to ride the coattails of Panin. The
Jehovah's Witnesses offered to prepare an Interlinear Greek New Testament
using his 2 texts: Greek and English. He reluctantly refused them
permission, because he deemed them a cult.

 Another man in Chicago in the 50's called himself a Panin's friend, but
then completely destroyed the vision Panin had of God's Bible Numeric Greek
text.

 Later another man produced an Interlinear Greek New Testament based on
Panin's Greek text, but completely mutilated his English text in the name of
Panin. Panin would turn over in his grave if he saw it! He translates
"baptism" with "washing!"

 So - be wise as serpents - and harmless as doves.

 Finally, I found a reading in Oswald Chamber's "My Utmost for His Highest"
that in a wonderful way throws light on Romans 5-8, which I* *am including.

 We as believers have been chosen of God to live in the last days. It is a
high privilege, yet at the same time a very dangerous time. Winston
Churchill said of World War II days - "I thank God for matching me with this
hour. And if the British Empire lives for 1000 years, they will look back
and say, '*This* was their greatest hour!'

 I respect and admire Churchill, but I must take another view. For us to be
matched with this hour just preceding the return of our Lord Jesus as Lord
of lords and King of kings - is by far the world's greatest hour - and we
are alive in it!

 Yet strange doctrines, books, programs and teachings circulate in many
places. We need a "Plumbline" that God gives us to evaluate all we hear and
see.

 I have a few mentors I trust and recommend. Much that passes in front of me
causes me great concern. Yet I know that he who seeks God with all his heart
to know the truth, will be led safely by the Spirit of God. J.W.

 Here is Chamber's Reading:

*"THE FORGIVENESS OF GOD" - 11-20*

 "*In Him we have ... the forgiveness of sins ..." - Ephesians 1:7*

 Beware of the pleasant view of the fatherhood of God: God is so kind and
loving that of course He will forgive us. That thought, based solely on
emotion, cannot be found anywhere in the New Testament. The only basis on
which God can forgive us is the tremendous tragedy of the Cross of Christ.
To base our forgiveness on any other ground is unconscious blasphemy. The
only ground on which God can forgive our sin and reinstate us to His favor
is through the Cross of Christ. There is no other way! Forgiveness, which is
so easy for us to accept, cost the agony of Calvary. We should never take
the forgiveness of sin, the gift of the Holy Spirit, and our sanctification
in simple faith, and then forget the enormous cost to God that made all of
this ours.

 Forgiveness is the divine miracle of grace. The cost to God was the Cross
of Christ. To forgive sin, while remaining a holy God, this price had to be
paid. Never accept a view of the fatherhood of God if it blots out the
atonement. The revealed truth of God is that without the atonement He cannot
forgive - He would contradict His nature if He did. The only way we can be
forgiven is by being brought back to God through the atonement of the Cross.
God's forgiveness is possible only in the supernatural realm.

 Compared with the miracle of the forgiveness of sin, the experience of
sanctification is small. Sanctification is simply the wonderful expression
or evidence of the forgiveness of sins in a human life. But the thing that
awakens the deepest fountain of gratitude in a human being is that God has
forgiven his sin. Paul never got away from this. Once you realize all that
it cost God to forgive you, you will be held as in a vise, constrained by
the love of God.

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*