Joshua - Overview

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 18:47:43 PST 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

*2008-11-14
<http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

   *JOSHUA - OVERVIEW - T1701R - THE FAITHFULNESS OF GOD*

 *1. 1:5 (1, ASV '01) LEADERSHIP PROVISION. "There shall not be any man be
able to stand before you all the days of your life: as I was with Moses, so
I will be with you; I will not fail you, nor forsake you." *When you appoint
a leader Father, You do *not* leave him to himself. You are with him, to
cause Your promises to come to pass! O Your faithfulness Father, and wise
and benign rulership! *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 4:23-24 (2-5) LAND ENTRANCE. "For Jehovah your God dried up the waters
of the Jordan from before you, until you were passed over, as Jehovah your
God did to the Red Sea, which he dried up from before us, until we were
passed over; 24 that all the peoples of the earth may know the hand of
Jehovah, that it is mighty; that you may fear Jehovah your God for
ever."*By this sign Father, You mightily magnified Joshua in the sight
of all
Israel! Your commandments *are* your enablements, as we step out in the
obedience of faith. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 7:10-11 (6-8) LAND: OCCUPATION BEGUN. "And Jehovah said unto Joshua,
Get you up; why are you thus fallen upon your face? 11 Israel has sinned!
yes, they have even transgressed my covenant which I commanded them: yes,
they have even taken of the devoted thing, and have also stolen, and
dissembled also; and they have even put it among their own stuff." *Your
blessing is held up when sin undealt with is in our camp! Write this on our
hearts, Father. *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 10:12 (9-12) LAND: OCCUPATION CONTINUED. "Then spoke Joshua to Jehovah
in the day when Jehovah delivered up the Amorites before the children of
Israel; and he said in the sight of Israel, 'Sun, stand you still upon
Gibeon; And you, Moon, in the valley of Aijalon." *This is the kind of
miracle You are prepared to do for us Father, if like Joshua we are prepared
to drive out *every* evil thought and *high place* from our minds and
thought life! O forgive us, because we lag and faint before the job is fully
accomplished! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 14:11 (13-19) LAND DIVISION. "As yet I am as strong this day as I was
in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my
strength now, for war, and to go out and to come in." *We bless You for the
courageous and valiant example of Caleb, Father. Indeed, for You he *was* a
whole-hearted man! *And forgive us our :debts, As we have forgiven our
:debtors.*

 *6. 21:43 (20-22) LAND DECISIONS. "So Jehovah gave unto Israel all the land
which he swore to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt
in it." *You are a *great* God, Father, and do *mighty* things, even on
behalf of Your people Israel and Your people the Church. *And bring us not
into temptation.*

 *7. 23:14 (23-24) JOSHUA: HIS FAREWELL. "And, behold, this day I am going
the way of all the earth: and you know in all your hearts and in all your
souls, that not one thing has failed of all the good things which Jehovah
your God spoke concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, not one thing
has failed thereof." *You are faithful, Father! *But deliver us from the
evil one.*

 *NOTE:* Joshua appears 216x in the Bible under Strong #3091. Ye-h*o*SHUah -
is from #3068 and #3467; Jehovah* saved* - the Jewish leader. Caleb is the
other of the two spies sent by Moses for a 40 day period to spy out the land
of Canaan, and both come out strong in this book. The other 10 spies with an
evil report were destroyed, and the Israeli generation who believed their
false report, also died during the 40 year time in the wilderness. Only
Joshua and Caleb of the old generation entered, along with the children of
the murmuring and complaining generation!. When we meditate on the word Like
Joshua and Caleb, and pray back to God the Spirit-quickened Word, then we
like these 2 can walk in the promises of God. It was Joshua of the tribe of
Ephraim, youngest son of Joseph, who was God's choice to succeed Moses.
Murmurers and complainers are praying to Satan and his demons!

 This is a great book and the story of a great man, who glorified God. He
made however, 2 slips. He failed to consult God through Urim and Thummim
concerning "Ai and Achan", and shortly afterwards, "the Gibeonites". He must
have been greatly chagrined over his remissness on these 2 occasions,
because the next 7 years of land possession revealed no further errors. And
in the land division among the 9 ½ tribes West of Jordan, the wisdom he
exercised most certainly was of God. Note that when Moses laid hands on his
servant of 40 years as his successor - Joshua did not merely receive the *
gift* of the word of wisdom - but the *SPIRIT* of wisdom!

 My favorite verse in this book is Joshua 1:8 (1:1-18) *"This book of the
law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and
night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it:
for then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall have good
success." *The word *meditate* here in the Hebrew is one of the most
extraordinary words in the Bible. He who knows the secret in practice of
this word, will become like Joshua and David. They were men after God's own
heart! They *daily meditated* on God's word, day and night! - They were
saturated in the Word of God through the inward working of the Holy Spirit.
They were balanced *spirit-word* people.

 There is a man in South Africa that today walks in this spirit. His name is
"Kobus van Rensburg." You can learn about him through his website: *
www.spiritword.org.za* . Psalm 1 links these 3 men together. A tree planted
by the rivers of water is a picture of the man who soaks in the Living Word
- that is - the *word meditated* upon under the balance, guidance and
quickening of the Holy Spirit.

 Read the book of Joshua in *this* light - and David in his life and Psalms
- and Kobus in his "unusual answers to prayer" life.

 A friend of ours, Russ Kroeker, as a gift, installed a satellite dish for
us that receives 20 Christian channels through Israel. Out of the 20, the
one mentioned above captivates me most strongly. Once installed, there is no
further charge for using these channels, and the digital satellite systems
and installation is not that exorbitant. If interested, contact Russ Kroeker
concerning *"Fortec Star" *with a *Free-to-Air Satellite Receiver.*

*Tel: 250-866-5381 (Creston, BC, Canada)*

*Email: <rusk at wynndel.ca>*

 These channels are wide open for the West Coast, but few are aware of this
opportunity - available only this past year. Jim Watt - (I may not have all
details and facts correct, but will make necessary corrections in the future
if needed.)

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*