The "Caleb" Prophecy

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 13:53:38 PST 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

*2008-11-07 <http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

   *2008-11-05 - THE "CALEB" PROPHECY*

 Marie and I celebrated our 80th birthdays 5 years ago - mine on July 5th -
Marie's on August 17th. We chose the above date to celebrate this milestone
- and for the occasion invited 4 preachers to take part with only 10 minutes
apiece. Bruce Norquist, pastor of the Evergreen Church of Normandy Park,
took this challenge - just to see if 4 preachers could keep within one hour
or less - they did! And his word was thoughtful, accurate and inspiring.

 Pastor Tom Isenhart of Puget Sound Christian Center in Tacoma chaired this
occasion, brought a very fine word, and also chaired the luncheon and
testimony time that followed - again doing an excellent job.

 The Rev. Dr. John Roddam, Rector of St. Luke's Episcopal Church of Seattle,
previously led by Dennis Bennett, did his usual fine presentation assisted
by his wife Holly.

 Joe McIntyre, pastor of "Word of His Grace", now in Bothell, not only
brought a good word for both Marie and myself, but had a specific prophetic
word for me. It was one I had not at any previous time considered as
relevant to me. But in the months that followed, God made it clear to me
that Joe's word was from Him. The gist of it was that God had given me the
spirit of *Caleb* in the Bible - and that as I meditated and prayed about
this, I would find it a helpful word for the future.

 On Wednesday yesterday, very early in the morning, I found myself in the
spirit listening to the Lord about *Caleb*. He with Joshua was one of the
only two out of 12 spies sent by Moses int Canaan land, who returned with a
"good report." The other 10 lost their lives in the judgment of God for
returning an evil report. And unfortunately, the majority of the children of
Israel sided with the 10, and likewise fell under God's judgment. For each
of the 40 days the 12 tribal representatives spied out the land, Israel had
to walk the wilderness for 40 years - a year for a day. God's purpose was so
that every member of the old generation would die in the wilderness - and
their children - who they said would be a hindrance - they alone with Joshua
and *Caleb* would enter the Promised Land under Joshua's leadership.

 *Caleb*, whose name means *bold* or *forcible*, possibly comes from the
Hebrew root CaL*E*B, Strong #3612, and is * * mentioned 32 times in the
Bible. He was one of the 12 spies and a leader of Israel after Joshua.
Following is a note from Dake's Annotated Reference Bible in page 170 - "*
Caleb* from Judah, and Joshua from Ephraim, were the ones of the 12 spies
who brought back a *true* report and urged the people to go up and possess
the land. Though not of the ruling tribe which was Judah, Joshua became the
2nd great leader of Israel, succeeding Moses., as ruler of the nation."
Following the death of Joshua, *Caleb *as one of the elders of that time,
rose up in leadership for the nation.

 It is significant to see what the Holy Spirit through Moses wrote
concerning the time of the 12 spies in Numbers 14:26-38 (ASV '01) - *"And
Jehovah spoke unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, **27 **How long **shall I
bear **with this evil congregation, that murmur against me? I have heard the
murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me.
**28**Say unto them, As I live, says Jehovah, surely as you have
spoken in my
ears, so will I do to you: **29** your dead bodies shall fall in this
wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole
number, from twenty years old and upward, that have murmured against me, **
39** surely you shall not come into the land, concerning which I swore that
I would make you dwell therein, save **Caleb** the son of Jephunneh, and
Joshua the son of Nun. **31** But your little ones, that you said should be
a prey, them will I bring in, and they shall know the land which you have
rejected. **32** But as for you, your dead bodies shall fall in this
wilderness. **33** And your children shall be wanderers in the wilderness
forty years, and shall bear your whoredoms, until your dead bodies be
consumed in the wilderness. **34** After the number of the days in which you
spied out the land, even forty days, for every day a year, shall you bear
your iniquities even forty years, and you shall know my alienation.
**35**I, Jehovah, have spoken, surely this will I do unto all this
evil
congregation, that are gathered together against me: in this wilderness they
shall be consumed, and there they shall die.*

* **36** And the men, whom Moses sent to spy out the land, who returned, and
made all the congregation to murmur against him, by bringing up an evil
report against the land, **37** even those men that did bring up an evil
report of the land, died by the plague before Jehovah. **38** But Joshua the
son of Nun, and **Caleb** the son of Jephunneh, remained alive of those men
that went to spy out the land."*

 Now 45 years later in Joshua 14:6-14, we read the faithful aftermath of
God's fulfillment of the above word - *"Then the children of Judah drew
night unto Joshua in Gilgal: and **Caleb** the son of Jephunneh the
Kenizzite said unto him, You know the thing that Jehovah spoke unto Moses
the man of God concerning me and concerning you in Kadesh-barnea.
**7**Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of Jehovah sent from
Kadesh-barnea to spy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in
my heart. **8** Nevertheless my brothers that went up with me made the heart
of the people melt; but I **wholly** followed Jehovah my God. **9** And
Moses swore on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon your foot has
trodden shall be an inheritance to you and to your children for ever,
because you have **wholly** followed Jehovah my God. **10** And now, behold,
Jehovah has kept me alive, as he spoke, these forty and five years, from the
time that Jehovah spoke this word unto Moses, while Israel walked in the
wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day 85 years old. **11** As yet I am as
strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was
then, even so is my strength now, for war, and to go out and to come in. **
12** Now therefore give me this hill-country, of which Jehovah spoke in that
day; for you heard in that day how the Anakim were there, and cities great
and fortified: it may be that Jehovah will be with me, and I shall drive
them out, as Jehovah spoke.*

* **13** And Joshua blessed him; and he gave Hebron unto **Caleb** the son
of Jephunneh for an inheritance. **14** Therefore Hebron became the
inheritance of **Caleb** the son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite unto this day;
because that he **wholly** followed Jehovah, the God of Israel.*

 And one last passage on *Caleb *in Judges 1:9-20 - *"And afterward the
children of Judah went down to fight against the Canaanites that dwelt in
the hill-country, and in the South, and in the lowland. **10** And Judah
went against the Canaanites that dwelt in Hebron (now the name of Hebron
beforetime was Kiriath-ararba); and they smote Sheshai, and Ahiman, and
Talmai. *

* **11** And from thence he went against the inhabitants of Debir. (Now the
name of Debir beforetime was Kiriath-sepher.) **12** And **Caleb** said, He
that smites Kiriath-sepher, and takes it, to him will I give Achsah my
daughter to wife. **13** And Othniel the son of Kenaz, **Caleb's** younger
brother, took it: and he gave him Achsah his daughter to wife. **14** And it
came to pass, when she came **unto him**, that she moved him to ask of her
father a field: and she alighted from off her ass; and **Caleb** said unto
her, What do you wish? **15** And she said unto him, Give me a blessing; for
that you have set me in the land of the South, give me also springs of
water. And **Caleb** gave her the upper springs and the lower springs.*

* **16** And the children of the Kenite, Moses' brother-in-law, went up out
of the city of palm-trees with the children of Judah into the wilderness of
Judah, which is in the south of Arad; and they went and dwelt with the
people. **17** and Judah went with Simeon his brother, and the smote the
Canaanites that inhabited Zephath, and utterly destroyed it. And the name of
the city was called Hormah. **18** Also Judah took Gaza with its border, and
Ashkelon with its border, and Ekron with its border. **19** And Jehovah was
with Judah; and he drove out **the inhabitants of **the hill-country; for he
could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots
of iron. **20** And they gave Hebron unto **Caleb**, as Moses had spoken:
and **he** drove out from there the three sons of Anak."*

 Note that *Caleb* was of the tribe of Judah, from whom King David came, and
Jesus the son of David. This tribe with Benjamin and Levi went into
captivity 133 years after the 10 northern tribes of Israel. Israel did not
have one good king- but Judah had 9 good kings out of 20, and 2 of them,
like David - removed the "High Places," which God hated. These are "types"
of thinking that the Holy Spirit through Paul in Romans 12:1-2 points out as
the mind that needs to be renewed and transformed.

 Joshua was of the tribe of Ephraim - "Double fruitfulness" - the son of
Joseph. Unfortunately, this leading tribe did not in the future stay true to
God.

 And how at the age of 85 does God see fit to confirm Joe McIntyre's linkage
between *Caleb* and me? What came to my mind that the hill-country at Hebron
had 3 giants there? Just as Joshua and *Caleb* said that the giants of
Canaan would be as "bread" for Israel if they obeyed God and went in to
possess the land - so *Caleb* saw these 3 giants of Hebron as his rightful
due. At 85 he felt as strong as when he spied out the land at the age of 40!
And sure enough - the 3 giants *fell* to this 85 year old man.

 When I was 44 God gave me a vision of Prayer Multiplication and an Organic
automated laser telescope - to take out spiritual giants - principalities
and powers - over 70 cities of Canada, and later 70 more in the US. In
September I sensed the Spirit saying in Abbotsford, BC - What I gave you 41
years ago has not been fully activated. But *now* is My time to do so. Now
is the time to take out spiritual giants in city after city across Canada,
just as *Caleb* took out the 3 giants in Hebron when 85.

 A friend of ours in Creston BC said - I believe God to do here what you are
believing for Abbotsford, a city of over 100,000. This morning I received an
email from Victoria BC, in response to my mailing of 2008.11.03 entitled
"Prayer Multiplication and Covenant." - "This is a wonderful message. Thank
you! I'd like to implement it in Canada. I'm in Victoria. Grace and love."

 I believe God will raise up 70 leaders in Canada - that like *Caleb* - will
take out the giants of principalities and powers over their 70 cities, and
bring God's prophecies for Canada into reality. It *is* God's time to *
activate* "Spiritual Star Wars," that through Prayer Multiplication and
Covenant - will fulfill the Puritan prophecies of 1776 for Canada. Pastor
David Yonggi Cho of Korea confirmed these Puritan prophecies in 1975, 1979
and 1984 in Kelowna BC, Toronto ON and Halifax NS.

 One last thought with *Caleb*. Because of the disobedience and lack of
faith in Israel in listening to the evil reports of the 10 evil spies, both
Joshua and *Caleb* had to march with them for 40 years in the wilderness
till all that generation died off - and their children under Joshua went in,
drove out the 7 nations of Canaan, and* possessed* God's land that He gave
them! The West Bank is not for Palestinians! Leaders of Israel can't barter
*God's land* for false peace. Nor can the United States force them to do so.
God will watch over His Word to perform it!

 Now in our American Election of November 4th 2008, an evil report from the
Media came out like the 10 spies of Israel in the days of Moses. They were
joined by many others who raised up and spent 100's of millions of dollars
to put into the presidency a relatively unknown man. Is this God's man? Or
do we like Israel march through a wilderness for the next 4 years before we
can join Canada in arising with 70 cities to overthrow principalities and
powers? What of Congress? What of newly appointed judges for the Supreme
Court?

 God is God! He might be slowed down by our disobedience and unbelief as a
nation, just as He was for 40 years with Israel - but - in the end He *
prevailed*! And in the end He will *again* prevail in *Israel* and the
United States. Hold on in this wilderness for 4 years, just as Joshua and *
Caleb* did for 40 years. They were *not* disappointed, nor shall we be! Hang
in there! Don't give up the ship! This is but a temporary time to *refine
and purge* us, and bring us back to clear understanding and a purer faith
and obedience!

 So - though I still am surprised at Joe McIntyre's word of 5 years ago when
I was 80 - now at 85 I feel like *Caleb* - as strong as I was in 1967 at 44,
when this word first came to me. *Now* is the time God has chosen to *
activate* the 1967 vision! All who have ears to hear what the Spirit is
saying to City churches! - Let us arise and make ourselves available for His
end-time purposes!

 Jim Watt

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>