Hedge

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 15:20:58 PDT 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*PO Box 25116 -- Federal Way WA 98093-2116*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org - 2008.08.09
<http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

   *HEDGE**, such*, 3x, Strong's #7753*

*gadar*, 10x, Strong's #1443*

 *1. Job 1:10 (1:1-12, ASV '01, #7753) GOD'S HEDGE FOR JOB. "Have you not
made a hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he has, on
every side? you have blessed the work of his hands, and his cattle is
increased in the land." *How would you like to have God and Satan discussing
you behind your back, as they did for Job? But note this *hedge* that Satan
perceived God had placed around His servant Job and all his goods! Know that
the God who is no respecter of persons is pleased to put a *hedge* around
you and me!

 *2. ISA 5:5 (5:1-30, #4881 from #7753*) GOD REMOVES ISRAEL'S HEDGE. "And
now I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the
hedge of it, and it shall be eaten up; I will break down its wall, and it
shall be trodden down." *Be not deceived - God is not mocked. Whatever we a
people sow - we shall surely reap. God's Vineyard Israel forsook His
righteous ways, and He removed their *hedge*. If we become inconsistent in
our lives, individually or corporately - this judgment on Israel we will
share also! Paul tells us that all happening to Israel in the Old Testament
is a "type" for us to apply!

 *3. HOS 2:6 (2:1-23, #7753) GOD HEDGES IN SINNERS FROM HIS WAYS.
"Therefore, behold, I will hedge up your way with thorns, and I will build a
wall against her, that she shall not find her paths." *Here is another way
that God works a *hedge*. Here he applies it inversely! It serves like the
Cherubim of the Garden of Eden to keep us out of God's blessings - even as
they kept Adam and Eve from eating the fruit from the Tree of Life.
*This*is the goodness of God, if we can receive it!

 *4. EZE 13:5 (13:1-16, KJV, #1447) HEDGES FOR GOD'S PEOPLE: RESPONSIBILITY
OF PROPHETS. "You have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the
hedgefor the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of
Jehovah."
*Here is another thought on *hedges*. God counts on prophets to build up *
hedges* so His ;people can stand in the day of battle. Here prophets stand
for any of God's leaders, ministers or pastors. They are expected of God to
serve His people, not themselves.

 *5. EZE 22:30 (22:23-31, KJV, #1447) GOD'S SEARCH: FOR HEDGE-BUILDERS. "And
I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in
the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found
none." *This verse has been quoted again and again by intercessors. They
understand the seriousness and importance of prayer. Rees Howells well
understood this. Intercessors like Abraham can change wicked situations and
rescue righteous Lot from his evil environment.

 *6. PSA 89:40 (89:38-52, #1447) HEDGES BROKEN DOWN: PENALTY FOR FORSAKING
GOD'S WORD. "You have broken down all his hedges; You have brought his
strongholds to ruin." *Once again, God sets before us the penalty for
corporate sin - using Israel as a "type" of warning on our behalf. You say,
"But that is Old Testament!" Yes, but read the Book of Revelation, and
understand well that the God of the Old Testament is truly the God of the
New Testament also. And - the Father has put all Judgment in the hands of
His Son Jesus, who is soon to return as *Judge*!

 *7. ECCL 10:8 (10:1-20, KJV, #1447) SERPENT'S BITE: PENALTY FOR BREAKING A
HEDGE. "He that digs a pit shall fall into it; and whoever breaks a hedge, a
serpent shall bite him." *Solomon is a master of creating the aphorism, a
maxim, a proverb! Ivan Panin has a collection of 32 sections of aphorisms,
much longer than the book of Proverbs. But here Solomon wisely warns us not
to break down a *hedge*, lest a serpent bites us!

 *NOTE**: *Ultimately, *God* is the one who builds for us a *Hedge*! But, a
*hedge* is the reward for a man like Job - one who possesses from his heart
a meaningful Relationship with God. Such a one has with desire made God his
7-fold Shield: the Shield of the Blood of Jesus at the Brazen Altar; the
Shield of God our Father - a Relationship at the Mercy Seat; the Shield of
the angels of God under the Holy Spirit at the Menorah; the Shield of the
Full Armor of God at the Table of His Presence; the Shield of the spirit of
Faith at the Ark of the Covenant; the Shield of Integrity and Righteousness
at the Laver; the Shield of Intercession at the Altar of Incense. See Mike
Servello's "The Shield of God's Protection."

 But when God is forsaken as our shield, both individually and corporately;
then God in His mercy removes our *hedge* of protection to bring us to our
senses. Every true child of His, He chastens or disciplines, that through
suffering we might come to likeness with Jesus. God's goal is to bring *many
* sons into glory - into Jesus' likeness. And Jesus as Son of Man learned
obedience through the things He suffered. So we as His brothers and sisters
will find like-results under like-conditions.

 And note, it wasn't in Job's case that the hedge was removed! It was to
make a good man better. (Here is the 7-fold hedge that God gave Job: a
Mental Hedge; an Emotional Hedge; a Physical Hedge; a Spiritual Hedge; a
Moral Hedge; a Financial Hedge; a Leadership Hedge.)

Deep lessons abide in the Book of Job and Psalm 91. Clear understanding of
the Relationship of God our Shield with His *Hedge* of Protection on our
behalf - prove a basis for His blessing.

So - blessings from God upon each of us as we together pursue the path set
before us by His Son!

Jim Watt

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
jmbetter-subscribe at skagitattic.com<jmbetter-subscribe#@skagitattic.com>