Shield

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 16:37:19 PDT 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*PO Box 25116 -- Federal Way WA 98093-2116*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

  *SHIELD, tzinnah, 22x, Strong's #6793 (from #6791)*

*magan, 63x, Strong's #4043 (from #1598) - like scaly hide of crocodile*

 *(CORRECTIVE NOTE: *On July 21st I inadvertently mailed out an article
entitled "French Jews." The sender to me had checked with "Snopes" and came
up clear, so I felt free to mail it. However, also inadvertently, the sender
to me missed the true "Snopes" warning, and I then received a number of
corrections.

 On July 22nd I also sent out a correction as a note under an article
entitled "Wesley's Covenant Prayer." I fear few noticed my correction note.
To remedy this, I am cutting and pasting the above note referred to, and
remailing it. Thanks for your attention.)

 *1. GEN 15:1 (1-21, ASV '01, #4043) JEHOVAH: ABRAHAM'S SHIELD. "After these
things the word of Jehovah came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not,
Abram: I am your shield, and your exceeding great reward." *This is the
first reference to *shield* in the Bible. Teachers of pedagogy tell us that
the law of first reference is significant - it tends to establish the basic
definition of a word. Abram (soon to be renamed Abraham) has been seeking
God concerning an heir. God is here encouraging His servant.

 *2. 2 SAM 22:3 (1-51, #4043) GOD: DAVID'S SHIELD. "God, my rock, in him
will I take refuge; My shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower,
and my refuge; My savior, you save me from violence." *David is called "the
sweet Psalmist!" See the amazing number of points of character that David
gives God in one verse! Mogen David has been popularized as the *Shield* of
David. David was a man of war, and well knew how God defended him!

 *3. PSA 5:12 (1-12, #6793) JEHOVAH: COMPASSES THE RIGHTEOUS AS A SHIELD.
"For you will bless the righteous; O Jehovah, you will compass him with
favor as with a shield." *Here David clearly understands how God is a *
shield* to all righteous believers. Let not a mere professing believer seek
to claim this! *This* is a promise for *possessors*. O God - lift all
professors to a true believing status!

 *4. PSA 84:11 (1-12, #4043) JEHOVAH ELOHIM: A SUN AND SHIELD. "For Jehovah
is a sun and shield: Jehovah will give grace and glory; No good thing will
he withhold from them that walk uprightly." *Note how David places God as
both a sun and *shield*! In David's thinking, there is a protective
relationship between the two! David also knew the heart desire of God to
meet all of our true needs.

 *5. PSA 91:4 (1-16, #6793) JEHOVAH'S TRUTH: A SHIELD AND BUCKLER. "He will
cover you with his pinions, And under his wings shall you take refuge: his
truth is a shield and buckler." *This Psalm in the eyes of Michael Servello
is the basis to understand God as a *Shield*. He sees God as a 7-fold *
Shield*. "The *Shield* of God's Protection is his book on this theme, and
has brought much blessing to many a heart.

 *6. PSA 119:114 (1-176, #4043) JEHOVAH: THE BELIEVER'S HIDING PLACE AND
SHIELD.*

"*You are my hiding-place and my **shield: I hope in your word." *Psalm 119
greatly exalts and glorifies the Word of God. God, His Word and His Name are
One! See John 1:1 where Jesus is equated with the Living Word, the *Lo*gos.
David Livingstone and others have memorized this Psalm, and have found God
to be indeed a hiding place and *Shield*!

 *7. PRV 30:5 (1-33, #4043) GOD: A SHIELD FOR THOSE SEEKING REFUGE. "Every
word of God is tried: He is a shield unto them that take refuge in him." *There
is another verse in Proverbs that strongly relates to this text: "The name
of Jehovah is a strong tower; the righteous runs into it and is safe"
(18:10). See the relationship here of God as a *shield* through His Word!

 *NOTE:* "*SHIELD*" is the first 7-point Hebrew Word Study I am sending out.
It will appear in our soon-coming update Website, under "Hebrew," in
connection with the Hebrew Interlinear Outline on Psalm 91. These 7
references have been selected from 85 occurrences of the two Hebrew words
listed at the top of this study. Strong's concordance will immediately show
the other 78 references.

 I have discovered over the years, that whatever 7 relevant references are
chosen - and no matter who makes the selection - the definition of the word
comes out substantially the same.

 May this Hebrew word study prove a blessing to each one of us. -- Jim Watt

  *NOTE TWO.* I recently sent out a mailing entitled "French Jews." The one
mailing it to me, mentioned that "Snopes" had been checked, but nothing
showed up of a suspicious nature. I unfortunately accepted this word without
doing a further check myself.

Then a friend of mine from Ontario sent out my mailing to a selected few,
and without realizing, sent it to me to my mailing address instead of my
regular Email address *(**jmbetter at gmail.com* <jmbetter at gmail.com>*). *Through
a glitch on my part, it unfortunately got mailed out a second time to my
mailing, but in her name, Peg Byars.

We both have received a number of replies that the article "French Jews" *is
* noted in "Snopes" as a "Hoax" or "Fake Message."

I am including a *URL *sent by a friend that will enable each of you who
wish, to check out the "Snopes" finding.

Peg has trusted that I would soon follow up the above two fraudulent
mailings so that you as readers could be protected from furthering this
mailing.

Sorry. I apologize and ask your forgiveness for not taking the additional
precaution that I usually follow, and for trusting a friend who missed
obtaining the real warning of "Snopes".

Your friend -- Jim Watt

Jim,

A friend sent this to me in response to my forwarding on your email.  I
thought you would want it.

Blessing,

Laurie

Original content is Copyright by the author 2006. Posted at
ZioNation-Zionism and Israel Web Log,
http://www.zionism-israel.com/log/archives/00000267.html where your
intelligent and

  below.  (You might want to let the people know who forwarded it to you).

(The above note I cut and pasted. J.)

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
jmbetter-subscribe at skagitattic.com<jmbetter-subscribe#@skagitattic.com>
*