Reply to "Spiritual Equations"

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:38:09 PST 2008

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*PO Box **25116 – Federal Way** **WA** **98093-2116***

*Tel: 253.874.4265 – Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org – **February 4, 2008***

* *

*REPLY TO "SPIRITUAL EQUATIONS"*

* *

Following are 3 replies:

*Thanks for this, Brother Jim.*

*I have received a copy of the DVD and hope to view it very soon.*

*As for the "equations" below,*

*I must say that I am at a loss in deciphering them.*

*(They don't "add" up from my accounting.)*

*Can you give any further insight on the math involved?*

* *

*I am always fascinated with your messages *

*and feel very honored to know you.*

*Your upcoming meeting sounds fantastic.*

*Wish I could be there.*

*May you be blessed with good health and opportunity*

*to open the eyes and understanding of others*

*with the truths of God. Shalom.*

* *

*I am really enjoying these Bible studies.*

*"Thanks so much" for your diligence*

*to provide this ministry to the Body of Christ.*

* *

Here's another Spiritual Equation, just to add to the former mix!

*Hitler + Holocaust = 1947 UN Vote for **Israel** as a Nation!*

(The concluding Note will explain)

Note the Title – "*SPIRITUAL" *Equations.

These are not ordinary math equations. One must almost use the heart to
"feel" his way into understanding – rather than using the head to reason
into it.

Under Equation One, there are several Historical Events that provide the
basis for what follows the "=" sign. The result is the "Outlined Interlinear
Numerical NT + Book Outlines and Greek Word Studies.

Under the second equation, there are again an increased number of Historical
Events that also provide the basis for what follows the "=" sign – namely
the 12 Embryonic 1948 Revival principles coming to Maturity

The third equation takes the conclusion of the first two and indicates the
result as a *Unified Field *– the joining of these two streams of endeavor.

Of course – this does not fit equations of Math and Physics – but looking at
it from a "Spiritual" viewpoint, it tends to explain the way God has led me
the past 74 years.

*NOTE:* See Herman Wouk's "The Will to Live On," 2000 AD. for an explanation
on Israel's Equation – because of Hitler and the Holocaust. ("The Winds of
War" and "War and Remembrance" by this same author may help you to focus
more clearly upon him.)

*The Moon Module – *p. 24 of the above.

Two psychic forces have been infusing American Jewry with amazing vitality
since the Second World War, the energy of guilt and the energy of pride.
Both are waning, and neither is likely to fuel this great diaspora far
beyond the year 2000. Such is my view, and that is all I mean by the stock
phrase "running on empty." The guilt is about the Holocaust. The pride is
about Israel. If not for those two nearly simultaneous hammer strokes of
history, which rang alarms and struck sparks in our souls, I believe we
might even now be withering below the survival margin, for all to see.
Except in enclaves of the observant, the religion which has preserved our
folk down the ages is undeniably at an ebb. From Bible days onward Jewry has
experienced lapses and revivals of faith, but this decline among America's
Jews is steep, and the bottom is as yet not discernible.

Nor is that hard to understand. Among immigrants like my mother and father,
early in the century, there was a byword, *"When you get halfway across the
Atlantic, throw overboard your prayer shawl and phylacteries." *One couldn't
observe the religion in the *Goldena Medina* and make a living, it was said;
and anyway, here was the chance to shrug off the musty ways of the shtetl
and its Torah – from which, as Ben-Gurion rightly put it, they were fleeing
– and to start life in a pristine new identity as AMERICANS. I am a product
of a household that resisted this byword, yet I well know how it almost
entirely overwhelmed the old Yiddishkeit.

Hitler's leap to power was an electric shock to the drifters, as well as to
the more established and assimilated Jews of earlier migrations. When twelve
years later the truth emerged of his vast secret slaughter of the six
million behind the smoke of war, not only was American Jewry stunned, the
whole world was. *That was the decisive reason for the United Nations vote
in 1947, which enabled **Israel** to run up its flag,* for since then such
votes have tended to go lopsidedly against Israel. But this miraculous
rebirth of the ancient nation in the Holy Land did not at first greatly stir
the American Jewish heart. To most, Zionism had always been a dreamy notion,
to some even odious, raising the old specter of dual loyalty; and
Palestinewas no place to visit, let alone to live.

The Palestine wrested by the British from the Turks, during the First World
War, was still the sad disease-ridden Ottoman province of ancient ruins,
described by Mark Twain in *Innocents Abroad. *The scattered settlements of
*halutzim, *pioneers from eastern Europe, plus the old very small religious
enclaves, were a mere marginal fragment of world Jewry. For wartime reasons
of state, the British in 1917 issued the famous Balfour Declaration, the
enabling document of Zionism:

*His Majesty's Government view with favour*

*the establishment in **Palestine** of a national home for the Jewish
people,*

*and will use the best endeavours to facilitate the achievements of this
object, *

*it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice*

*the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in **
Palestine**,*

*or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.*

* *

So modern Jewish history takes a sharp turn. In my chapter on Zionism I
discuss with some care this momentous, complicated, and decidedly equivocal
single sentence. At the time, the American Jewish reaction, by and large,
was a shrug. Only with the Six-Day War in 1967, fifty years after the
Balfour Declaration, did there come the abrupt mass turn to Zionism. At that
time the threat to Israel by Egypt and Syria, acting together and heavily
armed by Russia with tanks, artillery, and combat aircraft, wore the aspect
of a second Holocaust; and the surprise triumph of Israel's armed forces
against such odds created a mighty awakening in American Jewry. The sudden
outpouring of support – financial, political, emotional – was unparalleled,
unforeseen, and fantastic.

An odd analogy comes to my mind, the Apollo lunar landing module. The
spidery little machine, when it soared off the airless moon with the
astronauts, was powered by two chemicals which flowed together at liftoff;
once combined, they shot the module skyward to the command vehicle in a
burst of terrific propulsion. So, in those historic six days, guilt about
the Holocaust and pride in the new Jewish military prowess flowed together,
as it were; and the ensuing explosive synergy of ethnic force has been
carrying our community ever since toward the twenty-first century.
Israelhas had its subsequent ups and downs in peace and war, and in
its approval
rating among journalists, politicians, and academics, but the American Jews
have remained, as one Israeli general has put it, Israel's strategic depth.

Still, I do not forget another thing Ben-Gurion said to me: "Nothing is
permanent in history."

*PS. DON'T FORGET (those of you in the Seattle-Tacoma Metroplex) the
60thFebruary 11, 1948 Anniversary this coming Sunday February 10
th and Monday the 11th, 7:00 PM. at St. Luke's Episcopal Church of **Seattle
**, convened by Rector the Rev. Dr. John Roddam, who will be interviewing
Marie and myself, and opening the meetings up for questions from the
audience. The DVD's are **ten thirty** minute windows documenting this time,
and also interviewed by Father John. Darrell Dahlman will lead us in
worship!*

* *

*The special DVD's documenting the 1948 meetings will be available at a
special price. They are also available through "Norlynn Audio Visual
Services," www.reason-for-hope.com – sales at reason-for-hope.com – under the
title: "The Fire Continues … Sixty Years Later."*

* *

* *

*FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES – Web:**
http://skagitattic.no-ip.org/pipermail/jmbetter/ *