D. MATURITY - PRAYER MULTIPLICATION - MAY 27, 2011
1. Deuteronomy 32:30 (1-43) PRAYER MULTIPLICATION: EVEN FOR ENEMIES. “How should one chase a thousand, And two put ten thousand to flight, Except their Rock had sold them, and Jehovah had delivered them up” (ASV '01)? This is spoken for the enemies of Israel. But if God does this for enemies - how much morewill He do it for His people when we walk as disciplesof Him, and allow His Holy spirit to possess us! See “Rees Howells Intercessor” by Norman P. Grubb, and how Hitler and Nazism was defeated in World War II by such a team! Hallowed be your :name.
2. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (4:7-12) PRAYER MULTIPLICATION: BY THE WISDOM OF SOLOMON. “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. 10For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow; but woe to him that is alone when he falls, and has not another to lift him up. 11Again, if two lie together, then they have warmth; but how can one be warm alone? 12And if a man prevail against him that is alone, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” Twocan receive a goodreward for their labor - especially the labor of prayer. Oswald Chambers says that prayeris our ministry. All else flows from here, and Prayer Multiplication is prayer honed to its final potential. Your :kingdom come!
3. Matthew 18:19 (18:18-20) PRAYER MULTIPLICATION: AS DIRECTED BY JESUS. “Amen, Amen, I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on :earth as touching anything they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my :Father who isin the heavens” (NNT). I love this verse. As we walk in full sensitivity to the Father through the Holy Spirit - and as we approach our Father in Jesus' Name, 1 John 5:14-15 takes effect and we knowthat we havethe petitions we desired of him. The secret is for a couple or couples to symphonizewith each other under the direction of the Holy Spirit. This is the Greek word behind the English word to “agree”! Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.
4. Zechariah 12:8 (12:1-9) PRAYER MULTIPLICATION: LAST DAY INCREASE. “In thatday shall Jehovah defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feebleamong them at that day shall be as David; and the house of Davidshall be as God, as the angel of Jehovah before them.” Faith's Checklist” by Charles Haddon Spurgeon uses this verse and illustration. How encouraging! This is Prayer Multiplication at its ultimate potential. Don't stop short at Deuteronomy 32:30 - Press on to this! Our :daily :bread give us this day.
5. Acts 4:31 (4:23-31) PRAYER MULTIPLICATION: IN THE FACE OF PERSECUTION. “And when they had prayed, the place was shaken in which they were gathered; and all were filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of :God with boldness.” Imagine! To move in the spirit of Prayer Multiplication can result in a God-sent earthquake - that releases divine boldness into a united body so praying! Don't settle for anything less. And forgive us our :debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors.
6. 2 Chronicles 20:17 (20:14-31) PRAYER MULTIPLICATION: LACED WITH PRAISE! “You shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand still, and see the salvation of Jehovah with you, O Judah and Jerusalem; fear not, nor be dismayed: tomorrow go out against them; for Jehovah is with you.” There comes a time in united prayer when we have pressed through. It is sinthen to continue praying, for it is then lack of faith. Now we must praise. We experienced this recently in one of our “Pilot Prayer Team” sessions. Rees Howells experienced it again and again. And bring us not into temptation.
7. Exodus 17:12 (17:8-16) PRAYER MULTIPLICATION: FOR A LEADER. “But Moses' hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat on it; and Aaron and Hur held up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.” Every pastor needs a couple like Aaron and Hur that when he is tired - yet obeying God, a couple like these two can come along and hold up our hands, and see the Amalekites fully defeated! We cannot as a leader do it all alone. Not even Moses! But deliver us from the evil one!
NOTE: I had the privilege of serving as Associate pastor to Pastor Ern Baxter of the Surrey Christian Centre of Surrey, BC from 1973-76. One of his teachings that I specially appreciated was on “Prayer Multiplication” based on Covenant. He illustrated this with the diagram of a triangle. “God” is at the apex, “A”. I am as “B” down on the left hand side. God as the Greater - has made a vertical covenant with me as the lesser. I can accept or reject the conditions of His Covenant, but I cannot change them. As a disciple in covenant relationship with Him, He grants me a 1000-fold potential.
My wife Marie as “C” - in 1948 made a similar agreement with God on the right side of the triangle. Then shortly afterwards, by the word of the Lord, we made a “horizontal” covenant with each other, called “sunTHEke” covenant between two equals, set forth by the preposition “sun” (with) and “TIthe-
mi” (being placed). The first vertical covenant with God and each of us is “di-aTHEke”, which signifies a thorough agreement of a Greater with a lesser.
Marie and I have watched this principle demonstrated in our lives. Then in 1994, 5 couples met weekly in our home in Federal Way on this same principle. But if one couple can drive 10,000 to flight, then 4 couples can drive ten million! Within 3 months we prayed one of our 5 couples to Cyprus and then on to Israel. Only Godcould have done this through us, through Prayer Multiplication.
But God had shown us a greater potential for “Prayer Multiplication”. In Zechariah 12:8, God promises in the last days that His people in Jerusalem (and Gentiles grafted into our Jewish Roots) - can claim that the feebleamong us can be as David (10,000) - and those of the House of David can be as God, as the Angel of Jehovah (Jesus), a million-fold; a couple, 10 million; 4 couples - a billion!
The “Pilot Prayer Team” (PPT) God led us to form in 2009 - with 8 men or 4 couples, has seen the same Prayer Multiplication principle take effect. And distanceis no hindrance. God through us can reach any individual or city or nation of the world. We have proven to our satisfaction that there is nothingthat God cannot do through us according to His will.
So - “Prayer Multiplication” is the thirdcomponent part of God's Organic Laser-Telescope - that He has revealed to us. It is a powerfulpart. Each of the 7 parts must by faith operate in unison. Thenthe laser effect is manifested in its awfulness and awesomeness! J.A.Watt