2008.07.30 - CHALLENGES & PROBLEMS OF IMMIGRATION
I am American born (in Arkansas) of Canadian parents. Until age 21 I had the privilege of choosing which nation I would join as a citizen. By taking an oath of allegiance to join the Canadian Navy in 1943, I made that choice, and for the next 6 years was Canadian only.
When we applied for American landed immigrancy, Mr. Riddler, the American consul in Regina, Saskatchewan gave me pleasant news: The US Congress passed an “Oath of Repatriation” provision. Any American born citizen who took an oath of Allegiance in Canada to join their armed forces prior to his 21st birthday, could avail himself of this provision. I did, and in 5 minutes + $50.00, I was again an American, but no longer a Canadian.
Marie and I in 1949 made preparation to leave Canada and enter the United States as “landed immigrants.” We went through all the requirements of having our fingerprints checked in 5 different places to ensure that we had no criminal record, and all the various documents of birth certificates and marriage licenses etc. required we provided. We also had to have a U.S. citizen guarantee us financially so we wouldn't be a burden upon this country. All this took some 3 months.
We did all this, and in April of that year became landed immigrants, and in September entered Northern Baptist Theological Seminary of Chicago to aim for an M. Div. (Master of Divinity Degree).
Now today our government cooperates with business in allowing millions of illegal immigrants into our country. There are no fingerprint checks, and many of these are prior criminals. No doubt their government is glad to get rid of them.
To us it does not seem fair that we had to enter this country legally with the above requirements; but today our nation (government, congress, executive branch and courts) have let the bars down.
Now read the following, and see what you think.
It is not that we are anti-Mexican -- it is simply that our nation cannot continue to exist in this manner. Our legal citizens have a right to expect better, while the powers that be refuse to do what is right, legal and just. In the past citizens used the voting booth to right wrongs.
JUST ONE STATE
This is only one State ....... If this doesn't open your eyes nothing will!
From the L. A. Times
1. 40% of all workers in the L.A. County (L.A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2 / 3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births are paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliensin Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish. (There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County.)
(All 10 of the above are from the Los Angeles Times)
Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration. 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.
We are a bunch of fools for letting this continue!
How can you help? You will know intuitively what you can and should do.
California is only one State.
If this doesn't open your eyes, nothing will!
And you wonder why Nancy Pelosi wants them to become voters?