Song of Solomon 3:6-8:14

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed May 1 11:50:15 PDT 2013

May 1, 2013

 *NOV 1 - SONG OF SOLOMON 3:6-8:14 - SPIRITUAL MUTUAL SELF RESPECT*

 *1. 3:11 (3:6-11, ESV) SHULAMITE: MAGNIFIES HER BELOVED. “Go out, O
daughters of Zion, and look upon King Solomon, with the crown with which
his mother crowned him on the day of his wedding, on the day of the
gladness of his heart.” *Lord Jesus, we the church of overcomers are to be
given to You as Your heavenly bride! Father, You planned it so! You Jesus
will see the travail of Your soul and be satisfied. We will help You bring
it to pass. *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 4:16 (4) SOLOMON: LOVINGLY MAGNIFIES HER IN TURN. “Awake, O north
wind, and come, O south wind! Blow upon my garden, let its spices flow.
SHE: Let my beloved come to his garden, and eat its choicest fruits. *Father,
we too would welcome adversity and blessing, both north and south wind.
Only with this mixture and balance can we mature and become well-pleasing
for Your Son. *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 5:6 (5:1-8) SHULAMITE: FAILS TO RESPOND. “I opened to my beloved, but
my beloved had turned and gone. My soul failed when he spoke. I sought him,
but found him not; I called him, but he gave no answer.” *Make us sensitive
to Jesus, Father; may we be alert to meet *His* needs. Delay to respond on
our part immediately, can bring great heartbreak and distress. *Your :will
be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 5:16 (5:9-16) SHULAMITE: REMEMBERS WHOM SHE HAS LOST. “His mouth is
most sweet, and he is altogether desirable. This is my beloved and this is
my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.” *What a marvelous ten-fold eulogy!
May we feel this way about Your Son Jesus, Father, as we press in to make
ourselves fully available to Him. We give to Him, and He returns ten-fold
to us! Whatever is necessary to make us acceptable to Him, we submit to it!
Be with us in these times of purging. *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 6:3 (6) SHULAMITE AND SOLOMON: A DUET OF MUTUAL LOVE. “I am my
beloved’s and my beloved is mine; he grazes among the lilies.” **Admiration
love*! This is what we can have from Jesus, Father, as we press in to make
ourselves fully available to Him! We give to Him, and He returns ten-fold
to us. Whatever is necessary to make us acceptable to Him, we submit to it.
*And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 7:10 (7) SOLOMON AND SHULAMITE: MUTUAL PLEASURE IN EACH OTHER. “I am
my beloved’s, and his desire is for me.” *Abandonment love: Now she holds
back nothing, nor makes any demands upon You, O Lord. This is the way we
would be to Your Son Jesus, Father! * And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 8:6-7 (8) SHULAMITE AND SOLOMON: MOVE TOWARDS CONSUMMATION. “Set me as
a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as
death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire,
the very flame of the LORD. 7 Many waters cannot quench love, neither can
floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he
would be utterly despised.” *The day comes, O Lord, when we will be fully
one with You. We too long for that day, but we speed it for *Your* sake. *But
deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: 6:10 (6) HOW GOD SEES HIS SON’S BRIDE. **“Who is this who looks
down like the dawn, beautiful as the moon, bright as the sun, awesome as an
army with banners?” *This is the way You see us, Father. You call the
things that are not, as though they were! You are preparing us for Your Son!

 *Quote from Leonard Ravenhill - *“America is not dying because of the
strength of humanism but the weakness of evangelism.”

 *Our Psalm for the Day: 121:1-2 (121) MY HELP COMES FROM THE LORD. “I lift
up my eyes to the hills. From whence does my help come? 2 My help comes
from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.” *You Father as Creator, are *
greater* than Your creation! Therefore we will not demean You by worshiping
Your works. Rather we will look directly to *You*! (See yesterday’s reading
for Spurgeon’s notes on this Psalm.)