Galatians 5:13-6:10 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 12:08:58 PST 2013

February 8, 2013

 *SEP 2 - GALATIANS 5:13-6:10 - SPIRIT-WALK TRIUMPHS OVER FLESH-WALK*

 *1. 5:13 (5:13-15, NNT) LOVE: FULFILLS THE LAW. “For you, brethren, were
called for freedom: only use not the freedom for an occasion to the flesh,
but through love be bondmen one to another.” *Let God’s Kingdom come
through righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Through contrition
of heart, repentance and reconciliation, ever make us walk in Your ways of
righteousness. Cursed be all deception that blurs this truth. *Hallowed be
your :name!*

 *2. 5:16 (5:16-18) SPIRIT-WALK TRIUMPHS OVER FLESH-WALK. “But I say, Walk
in Spirit, and you shall in no wise fulfill the lust of the flesh.” *Here
is Your will O Father, and Your provision and gracious promise. Your
Spirit-walk is a Spirit-controlled life. We declare it! Your remnant shall
surely walk in the pure truth. *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 5:19-21. FLESH-WALK: EXCLUDES FROM GOD’S KINGDOM! “Now the works of
the flesh are manifest, which are: fornication, uncleanness,
lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, wraths,
factions, divisions, heresies, 21 envyings, drunkennesses, revelings, and
the like of these: of which I forewarn you, as also I did forewarn, that
they who practice such things shall not inherit God’s kingdom.” *We curse,
repudiate and remove this evidence of the flesh-walk from our lives, that *
You* Father might be vindicated and glorified. *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 5:22-23. SPIRIT-WALK: A REALM ABOVE LAW. “But the fruit of the Spirit
is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23gentleness, self-control; against :such
there is no law.” *O Father, blessed are *You*, who have infused Yourself
into our spirit and heart through the Spirit of Your Son! Yes, and forgiven
our sins, and granted us the grace through the fruit of the Spirit not only
to forgive one another’s sins, but to love our enemies! *Our :daily :bread
Give us this day!*

 *5. 5:24. FLESH CRUCIFIXION: PROVES CHRIST’S OWNERSHIP. “And they of
Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with the passions and the
lusts.” *Father,
open our eyes to see the walk of the man identified with Christ in His
crucifixion. Tear away from our eyes deceptive blindness. As Nathan
confronted David of his adulterous and murderous heart, strip us of all
delusion and seduction of Satan, and bring us to the heart contrition of
Psalm 51. *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.
*

 *6. 5:25 (5:25-26) SPIRIT-WALK: ITS LIFE AND NATURE. “If we live by
theSpirit, by
the Spirit let us also walk.” *Father, we love righteousness and hate
iniquity. Let not the enemy deceive, seduce and delude us into calling
black, white. Show us that the same Spirit who gave us the Living Word,
also gave the written Word, and that the two *always agree*! Show us that
we listen to a lying spirit, an angel of light, when our unrighteousness is
called holiness. *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 6:1 (6:1-10) SPIRITUAL PEOPLE: MEEKLY RESTORE FALLEN ONES. “Brethren,
even if a man be overtaken in any trespass, you the spiritual, restore such
a one in a spirit of gentleness; looking to yourself, lest you also be
tempted.” *Father, we see our brother and sister deceived by Satan like Eve
in the garden. Breaking Your Word will surely cause us to die! Then You
give us up (Romans 1:24, 26, 28). As you sought the one lost sheep: seek,
save and restore the lost through us! *But deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: 6:7-8 (6:1-10) A REAPING OF CONTRAST! **“Be not deceived; God is
not mocked: for whatever a man sows, that shall he also reap. 8 Because who
sows unto his own :flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but who sows
unto the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap eternal life.” *We humble
ourselves in heart-contrition, repent, and like the prodigal, return to You!

 *C.H. Spurgeon Quotes: “He Cares for the Little”. *To suppose that
temporal things are too little for our condescending God, is to forget that
he observes the flight of sparrows, and counts the hairs of his people’s
heads. Besides, everything is so little to him, that, if he does not care
for the little, he cares for nothing.

 *Our Psalm for the day - 62:8 (62, ESV) THE SOUL WAITS FOR GOD ALONE. “Trust
in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a
refuge for us.” *Father, You alone understand the human heart and the ways
of man. Reveal how prone to deception we are! Show us that in our flesh
dwells *no good thing*. Teach us to have *no confidence in the flesh*.
Father, we *hallow Your :name* by resolving *always* to walk in the paths
of righteousness.

 *Title: *“To the Chief Musician, to Jeduthun.” This is the second Psalm
which is dedicated to Jeduthun, or Ethan, the former one being the
Thirty-Ninth, a Psalm which is almost a twin with this in many respects,
containing in the original the word translated *only* four times as this
does six.

 62:7. *In God is my salvation and my glory. *Wherein should we glory but
in Him Who saves us? Our honor may well be left with Him who secures our
souls. To find all in God and to glory that it is so is one of the sure
marks of an enlightened soul.

 62:8. *Trust in Him at all times.* Faith is an abiding duty, a perpetual
privilege. We should trust when we can see as well as when we are utterly
in the dark.

 62:9. *To be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than
vanity.*A feather has some weight in the scale; vanity has none, and
creature
confidence has less than that: yet such is the universal infatuation that
mankind prefer an arm of flesh to the power of the invisible but almighty
Creator; and even God’s own children are too apt to be bitten with this
madness.

 62:10. *If riches increase, set not your heart upon them. *To bow an
immortal spirit to the constant contemplation of fading possessions is
extreme folly. Shall those who call the Lord their glory, glory in yellow
earth? Shall the image and superscription of Caesar deprive them of
communion with Him
Who is the image of the invisible God? As we must not rest in men, so
neither must we repose in money. Gain and fame are only so much foam of the
sea.

 62:12. *Also unto You, O Lord, belongs mercy.* God is so full of mercy
that it belongs to Him, as if all the mercy in the universe came from God
and still was claimed by Him as His possession. *(From “The Treasury of
David” by C.H. Spurgeon, abridged by D.O. Fuller) *