Galatians 3:7-4:7 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:21:58 PST 2013

February 6, 2013

 *AUG 31 - GALATIANS 3:7-4:7 - TWO CONTRASTS*

 *1 3:7 (3:7-9, NNT) FAITH: LINKS NATIONS WITH ABRAHAM. “Know then that who
are from faith, these are sons of Abraham.” *Father, You have grafted us
into Jesus, the Root and Trunk of Israel, and made us living wild olive
branches because of our faith and Your foreknowledge! Your Kingdom of
righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit has come. May it openly
manifest itself throughout all the earth among all nations! *Hallowed be
your :name!*

 *2. 3:11-13 (3:10-14) FAITH AND WORKS OF LAW CONTRASTED. “Now that no one
is justified by law before :God, is evident: because, The righteous shall
live by faith; 12 and the law is not of faith: but, Who does them shall
live in them. *We commit ourselves to the Gospel of God by Grace through
faith, with works following to prove our faith. *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 3:17 (3:15-18) COVENANT: BASIS FOR PROMISE OF SPIRIT. Now this I say:
A covenant confirmed before by :God, the law, which came to be four hundred
and thirty years after, does not disannul, to make the promise void.” *We
hear and receive this word, Father! We do not receive it in vain. *Your
:will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 3:19 (3:19-22) LAW: CONTROLLED SIN TILL FAITH CAME. “What therefore is
the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed come to whom
the promise has been made: ordained through angels by a mediator’s hand.” *We
bless You Father, for the law, Your Plumbline, Your Schoolmaster, to
convict us of our sin! Because of this grace, we can look to Christ’s
Atoning work and pray! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 3:24-25 (3:23-25) LAW: SCHOOLMASTER LEADING TO CHRIST AND FAITH. “So
that the law is become our tutor unto Christ, that we be justified from
faith. 25 But the faith having come, we are no more under a tutor.” *The
law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has *freed* us from the law of
sin and death! We glorify You for this, Father! *And forgive us our :debts,
As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 3:29 (3:26-29) FAITH IN CHRIST: BRINGS ONENESS TO ABRAHAM’S SEED. “And
if you are Christ’s, then are you :Abraham’s seed, heirs according to
promise.” *Your Covenant Father, has placed us Gentiles into the root of
Israel, into Christ, into Abraham. How privileged we are! What grace on our
behalf! *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 4:4-5 (4:1-7) CHILD UNDER LAW CONTRASTED WITH SONSHIP THROUGH SPIRIT. “But
when the fullness of time came, :God sent forth his :son, born of woman,
born of law, 5 that he might redeem those under law, that we might receive
the adoption of sons.” *Father, we can scarce believe and receive such
grace! How You have favored us! Jew and Gentile are now equal in Christ! No
wall of partition! * But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE: 3:13-14 (3:10-14) THE NECESSITY OF CHRIST BECOMING A CURSE. “Christ
redeemed us from the curse of he law, having become a curse for us; because
it is written, Accursed every one hanging on a tree: 14 that unto the
nations might come the blessing of Abraham in Christ Jesus; that we might
receive the promise of the Spirit through :faith.” *Our souls are chastened
before this revelation of the *great grace* of our Lord Jesus. Father,
receive our humble thanks! *4:6-7 (4:1-7) GENTILE BLESSING THROUGH CHRIST. “And
because you are sons, :God sent forth the Spirit of his :Son into our
:hearts, crying, Abba, the Father. 7 So that you are no longer bondman, but
son; and if son, then heir through God.” *Sonship equals heirship. Sonship
qualifies us for warfare. Sonship comes with the seventh beatitude. For
sonship Father, we *hallow your :name!*

 *C.H. Spurgeon Quotes - “Believe in the Bible” - *I am perfectly satisfied
myself to believe what he writes to me; and if it be so written in his
Book, it seems to me to be quite as true and sure as if he had actually
come from heaven, and had talked with me, or had appeared to me in the
visions of the night.