2 Corinthians 11:1-15 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 16:40:54 PST 2013

January 18, 2013

 *AUG 19 - 2 CORINTHIANS 11:1-15 - PAUL’S AIM*

 *1. 11:2 (11:1-2, NNT) AIM: TO PRESENT SAINTS IN HOLINESS. “For I am
zealous over you with a zeal of God; for I espoused you to one husband,
that I might present you a pure virgin to Christ.” *We thank You Father,
that Your Name is *Jealous*. You are Jealous for Your Son, that we keep
ourselves pure for *Him*! You are Jealous for Your Spirit. You are Jealous
for *Your Word*. *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 11:3 AIM: TO PREVENT CORRUPTION OF MINDS BY SATAN. “But I fear, lest
somehow, as the serpent beguiled Eve in his :craftiness, your :thoughts
should be corrupted from the simplicity and the purity that is toward the
Christ.” *We would love Your Son Jesus Father, from our heart. We would
understand what You are pleased to reveal concerning Him in our mind and
heart. For Him, we offer ourselves as daily, living sacrifices. *You
:kingdom come!*

 *3. 11:5-6 (11:4-6) AIM: TO CONTRAST HIMSELF WITH FALSE APOSTLES. “For I
reckon that I am behind the chief apostles in nothing. 6 But though rude in
:speech, yet am I not in :knowledge; no, in every way have we made
thismanifest unto you in all
things. *How we bless You Father, for Your gift to us of true apostles. We
magnify You for Your work of grace through Paul. *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 11:7 (11:7-9) AIM: TO PREACH THE GOSPEL FREELY. “Or did I commit a sin
in abasing myself that you be exalted, because I preached to you the gospel
of :God for nothing? *How humbling for the Corinthians that they could not
supply the monetary needs of Your apostle, Father. How different Paul’s
example from many 20th Century counter-parts. O forgive us for setting such
a high monetary price to the Gospel, which Christ provided to us freely! *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 11:10-11 AIM: TO EXPLAIN REASON FOR HIS BOASTING. *“*Christ’s truth is
in me, that this :glorying in the regions of :Achaia shall not be closed
against me. 11 Why? because I do not love you? :God knows.” *What
temptation there is in making known the Gospel of Christ! How Satan seeks
to pervert the way we present it. Father, we commit ourselves to become
living letters of the Gospel in Jesus! *And forgive us our :debts, As we
also have forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 11:12 AIM: TO CUT OFF BOASTING OF FALSE APOSTLES. “But what I do, I
also will do, that I may cut off the occasion of them that desire occasion
that wherein they glory, they be found even as we.” *Thank You Father, for
Paul’s sacrificial giving of the Gospel. How his humble living example
undercut the carnal lives and methods of false apostles. *And bring us not
into temptation.*

 *7. 11:13-14 (11:13-15) AIM: TO EXPOSE FALSE APOSTLES AS ONE WITH SATAN. “For
:such are false apostles, deceitful workers, fashioning themselves into
apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for the very Satan fashions himself
into an angel of light.” *Help us Father, to discern clearly in the realm
of false ministers. Help us to see their kinship with Satan. *But deliver
us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 11:15 (11:13-15) AIM: FURTHER EXPOSURE. **“No great
thingtherefore if his :ministers also fashion themselves as ministers
of
righteousness; whose :end shall be according to their :works.” *Father, we
would not be naïve. We would be wise as serpents, yet harmless as doves. We
would not be ignorant of Satan’s devices.

 *C.H. Spurgeon Quotes: “No Time to Die”. *We have heard of one who, when
the morning paper brought him news that a friend in business had died, was
drawing on his boots to go to his counting-house, and observed with a laugh
that as far as he was concerned, he was so busy he had no time to die. Yet,
ere the words were finished, he fell forward and was a corpse.

 *Our Psalm for the Day: 49:3-4 (49) WHY SHOULD I FEAR IN TIMES OF TROUBLE? “My
mouth shall speak wisdom; the meditation of my heart shall be
understanding. 4 I will incline my ear to a proverb; I will solve my riddle
to the music of the lyre.” *Father, we thank You for parables, especially
those from Your Son Jesus! Teach us by Your Spirit how to emulate Your Son
this way. When we think of Your wisdom through Jesus in parables, we *hallow
your :name!*

 *BREAK-THROUGH**. In 2005 Marie and I attended our 4**th Conference in
Israel on Mt. Carmel with David and Karen Davis. It was an outstanding
conference because of its fresh insights on Israel. One of the speakers was
Asher Intrater, a Messianic Israeli. Mike Bickle of Kansas City IHOP
invited Asher to bring a 4 part series on the significance of Jesus and the
Book of Revelation. I listened to Lecture I today, 2013-01-18, and it is in
my sight and estimation so important, that I am breaking into my series on
the Psalms with Spurgeon - to bring to you this Break-through, and how you
can with me see these 4 lectures.*

 *Asher initiated these lectures by apologizing that as a Messianic Jew he
has majored too much in the past on Messianic Jews and their land, instead
of majoring on Jesus as the coming King of Israel as His choice of nation
for His soon-coming world-rule - and as Head of His Church International.
Israel is His army on land to defeat Satan, and the Church is His air-force
to unite with Israel for this victory.*

 *I agree. We should all major on Jesus, with all other interests coming
under His Headship!*

 *As you no doubt have noted, Charles Spurgeon always majored on Jesus in all
things. He is Sovereign through His Word. This is the major reason I
believe God was able to bless him in such an extraordinary way in the late
1800’s. So Spurgeon is confirmation to Asher Intrater.*

 *To watch on “You Tube” - “Victory in Tribulation” and how to become an
“Overcomer” for these last times - visit Asher Intrater at “Revive Israel.”
Revive Israel North America can be reached by Tel: (301) 695-5544. His
Website is <www.reviveIsrael.org>. *

 *This 4-fold lecture series is recorded at IHOP Kansas City. *

 *This is one of the clearest messages I have heard on the Place of Israel
and the Church in the immediate time before the Return of our Lord.*

 *An added confirmation to this is the publication both in “Book” and
“E-book” format - the “Outlined Interlinear New Testament”, based on the
Bible Numeric discovery in 1890 by Ivan Panin. In the Introduction, the
vision of God’s “Organic Laser-Telescope” appears, with an explanation of
the importance of its 7-fold component parts. This could well be a helpful
working-part to Asher Intrater’s lectures. See <www.OutlinedInterlinear.com>
for further information and place of ordering. *

 *Should you wish to order Asher Intrater’s lectures on “Victory in
Tribulation”, they will be available through International House of Prayer,
Kansas City, <www.IHOP.org>. Jim Watt*