Isaiah 24-27 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 09:35:18 PST 2012

December 2, 2012

 *JUL 13 - ISAIAH 24-27 - THE “DAY” AND THE WHOLE WORLD*

 *1. 24:5 (24:1-12, ESV) JEHOVAH’S DAY: DESOLATION AND JUDGMENT. “The earth
lies defiled under its inhabitants; for they have transgressed the laws,
violated the statutes, broken the everlasting covenant.” *The rules of Your
Kingdom Father, are righteous rules, worthy to be obeyed, and a blessing to
humble ones. We in contrition repent for our rebellion and hard hearts, and
by Your grace, walk in Your ways! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 24:14 (24:13-15) JEHOVAH’S DAY: REJOICING FOR ISRAEL. “They lift up
their voices, they sing for joy; over the majesty of the LORD they shout
from the west.” *When Your judgments are upon the earth Father,
*many*shall turn to righteousness. We shall then walk in Your will.
*Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 24:21 (24:16-23) JEHOVAH’S DAY: ARMAGEDDON AND SIGNS. “On that day the
LORD will punish the host of heaven, in heaven, and the kings of the earth,
on the earth.” *Satan’s day approaches. He was crippled by Jesus at
Calvary, and is now a squatter, and shall be completely routed and
dispossessed! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 25:7-8a (25) JEHOVAH’S DAY: BLESSINGS AND JUDGMENT SUITED OUT. “And he
will swallow up on this mountain the covering that is cast over all
peoples, the veil that is spread over all nations. 8 He will swallow up
death forever, and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces.” *The
end of a matter is *better* than the beginning, Father. Righteousness shall
be completely vindicated at the end! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 26:3-4 (26) JEHOVAH’S DAY: RESURRECTION SONG. “You keep him in perfect
peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trust in you. 4 Trust in the
LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.” *O Father, we would
evermore see in You the kind of Elohim You are! Merciful and full of
compassion toward us You are! You will not suffer us to be tested above
what we can stand! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our
:debtors.*

 *6. 27:1 JEHOVAH’S DAY: SATAN’S FINAL DEFEAT. “In that day the LORD with
his hard and great and strong sword will punish Leviathan the fleeing
serpent, Leviathan the twisting serpent, and he will slay the dragon that
is in the sea.” *Yes Father, Satan, pictured by Leviathan, shall finally
suffer Your full judgment! Your righteousness shall be vindicated. *And
bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 27:13 (27:2-13) JEHOVAH’S DAY: SONG OF TRIUMPH. “And in that day a
great trumpet will be blown, and those who were lost in the land of Assyria
and those who were driven out to the land of Egypt will come and worship
the LORD on the holy mountain at Jerusalem.” *O Father, how we praise You
for the understanding of Your eventual triumph! And how we thank You that
You will cause us to triumph in *Jesus*! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 26:9 (26) YOU KEEP HIM IN PERFECT PEACE! **“My soul yearns for
you in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks you. For when your
judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn
righteousness.” *Vindication! vindication for You, Father, for *You* are
worthy and righteous altogether!

 *Our Psalm for the day: 13:5-6 (13) HOW LONG, O LORD? “But I have trusted
in your steadfast love (CHEsed); my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. 6
I will sing to the LORD, because he has dealt bountifully with me.” *O
Father, unto You belongs praise because of what You are, and what You have
done! Our trust in You is never misplaced. Because of Your great promises
in Your word and what You are, we *Hallow your :name!*

 We have been wont to call this the “How-Long Psalm.” We had almost said
the Howling Psalm, from the incessant repetition of the cry, “How long?”

 13:1 *How long? *This question is repeated no less than four times. It
betokens very intense desire for deliverance and great anguish of heart.
And what if there be some impatience mingled with it; is not this the more
true a portrait of our own experience? It is not easy to prevent desires
from degenerating into impatience. Long sorrow seems to argue abounding
corruption; for the gold which is long in the fire must have had much dross
to be consumed; hence the question “How long?” may suggest deep searching
of the heart. *How long will You forget me? *Ah, David! how like a fool you
talk! Can God forget? Can Omniscience fail in memory? Above all, can
Jehovah’s heart forget His own beloved child? Ah, brethren, let us drive
away the thought, and hear the voice of our covenant God by the mouth of
the prophet, “Behold, I have graven you upon the palms of My hands; your
walls are continually before Me.” *Forever. *Oh, dark thought! It was
surely bad enough to suspect a temporary forgetfulness, but shall we ask
the ungracious question and imagine that the Lord will forever cast away
His people? No, His anger may endure for a night, but His love shall abide
eternally.

 13:2 *How long? *Thus the careful reader will remark that the question,
“How long?” is put in four shapes. The writer’s grief is viewed, as it
seems to be, as it is, as it affects himself within, and his foes without.
We are all prone to play most on the worst string. We set up monumental
stones over the graves of our joys, but who thinks of erecting monuments of
praise for mercies received? We write four books of Lamentations and only
one of Canticles, and are far more at home in wailing out a *Miserere* than
in chanting a *Te Deum.*

 13:5 *But I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your
salvation.* What a change is here! Lo, the rain is over and gone, and the
time of the singing of birds is come. David’s heart was more often out of
tune than his harp. He begins many of his Psalms sighing, and ends them
singing. The above Notes are from “The Treasury of David” by C. H. Spurgeon.

 Here is Today’s “C.H. Spurgeon Quotes” - which you too can receive daily
by doing a ‘Google-search.’

*What is Free Will? *“There is no greater mockery than to call a sinner a
free man. Show me a convict toiling in the chain gang, and call him a free
man if you will; point out to me the galley slave chained to the oar, and
smarting under the taskmaster’s lash whenever he pauses to draw breath, and
call him a free man if you will; but never call a sinner a free man, even
in his will, so long as he is the slave of his own corruptions. In our
natural state, we wore chains, not upon our limbs, but upon our hearts,
fetters that bound us, and kept us from God, from rest, from peace, from
holiness, from anything like freedom of heart and conscience and will. The
iron entered into our soul; and there is no slavery as terrible as that. As
there is no freedom like the freedom of the spirit, so is there no slavery
that is at all comparable to the bondage of the heart.”