JUL 10 - Isaiah 1-6 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 13:32:59 PST 2012

November 28, 2012

 *JUL 10 - ISAIAH 1-6 - THE DAY OF THE LORD, AND JUDAH*

 *1. 1:18 (1:1-23) JUDAH: GOD’S CASE AGAINST HER. “Come now, let us reason
together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be
as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like
wool.” *No matter how far we stray from You in coldness, Father - if we
think back upon Your goodness, reason correctly, and make right decisions -
You will restore us in fullness! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 1:27 (1:24-31) JUDAH: RESTORATION AND JUDGMENT. “Zion shall be
redeemed by justice, and those in her who repent, by righteousness.” *Father,
You have a point of no-return with sin - a point where the die is cast!
Judgment is then inevitable; but following this purging - is restoration
and reconciliation! O let our Zion, our spirit, be purged - and be Your
dwelling place (2 Corinthians 7:1)! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 2:3 (2-4) PROPHECIES FOR THE THE LAST DAYS. And many peoples shall
come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the
house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may
walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go the law, and the word of the
LORD from Jerusalem. *What promises! What prophecies - and for the Church
also which has been “gratefully grafted”! *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 5:7 (5:1-7) ISAIAH’S SONG TO THE LORD AND HIS VINEYARD. “For the
vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah
are his pleasant planting; and he looked for justice, but behold,
bloodshed; for righteousness, and behold, an outcry! *Father, we today are
not better than Israel of old. Forgive us for our apathy, our rebellion,
our disobedience, our leaving our first love. *Our :daily :bread Give us
this day.*

 *5. 5:16, 21 (5:8-23) JUDAH: SIX WOES. “But the LORD of hosts is exalted
in justice, and the Holy God shows himself holy in righteousness. 21 Woe to
those who are wise in their own eyes, and shrewd in their own sight!” *Father,
forgive us for our hardness and deception. Judgment hangs over Your church
today - for the sins of Israel are our sins too! If necessary, lead us into
the purge of testing, that we may become mature sons and daughters of
glory. *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 5:24b-25a (5:24-30) JUDAH: REASON FOR COMING JUDGMENT. “For they have
rejected the law of the LORD of hosts, and have despised the word of the
Holy One of Israel. 25a Therefore the anger of the LORD was kindled against
his people, and he stretched out his hand against them and struck them, and
the mountains quaked.” *Father, You are righteous and just in bringing
judgment both upon Israel of old and the church today, for we have followed
in their footsteps. In wrath remember mercy! *And bring us not into
temptation.*

 *7. 6:6-7 (6:1-13) ISAIAH: HIS NEW VISION AND CALL. **“Then one of the
seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken
with tongs from the altar. **7 **And he touched my mouth and said: ‘Behold,
this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned
for.’” *Father, You need servants who have themselves been cleansed before
they speak Your judgments to Your people. Too many of Your ministers today
are like Your people. *But deliver us from the evil **one.*

 *NOTE**: *This passage tears us up Father, and shows us how similar is
today’s church to Old Covenant Israel. How can Your New Covenant church
escape the judgment of God? Do what is right in Your sight.

 *Our Psalm for the day: 10:5 (10) WHY DO YOU HIDE YOURSELF? “His ways
prosper at all times; your judgments are on high, out of his sight; as for
all his foes, he puffs at them.” *Father, write on our heart these lessons.
Pride keeps us from You. Prayerlessness, little profitable time in Your
Word, lack of obedience: all signs of pride and self-realization. O
let us *Hallow
Your :name* in fact and not in lip service. Let us have you lead in all our
thoughts and schemes.

 10:1 *Why do You stand afar off, O LORD? *The presence of God is the joy
of His people, but any suspicion of His absence is distracting beyond
measure. Let us, then, ever remember that the Lord is nigh us. The refiner
is never far from the mouth of the furnace when his gold is in the fire,
and the Son of God is always walking in the midst of the flames when His
holy children are cast into them!

 10:2 *The wicked in his pride does persecute the poor.* The accusation
divides itself into two distinct charges - pride and tyranny; the one the
root and cause of the other. Pride is the egg of persecution.

 *Let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.* Even our
enemies themselves being judges, it is but right that men should be done by
as they wished to do to others. We only weigh you in your own scales, and
measure your corn with your own bushel. There are none who will dispute the
justice of God when He shall hang every Haman on his own gallows and cast
all the enemies of His Daniels into their own den of lions.

 10:4 *The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek
after God.* A brazen face and a broken heart never go together. We are not
quite sure that the Athenians were wise when they ordained that men should
be tried in the dark lest their countenances should weigh with the judges;
for there is much more to be learned from the motions of the muscles of the
face than from the words of the lips. Honesty shines in the face, but
villainy peeps out at the eyes.

 4:11 *He has said in his heart, God has forgotten: He hides His face: He
will never see it.* As upon the former count, so upon this one; a witness
is forthcoming who has been listening at the keyhole of the heart. This
cruel man comforts himself with the idea that God is blind, or at least
forgetful: a fond and foolish fancy, indeed!

 4:13. *Wherefore does the wicked condemn God? * In these verses the
description of the wicked is condensed, and the evil of his character is
traced to its source, viz., atheistic ideas with regard to the government
of the world. *He has said in his heart, You will not require it. *If there
were no hell for other men, there ought to be one for those who question
the justice of it.