1 Samuel 7-8 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 09:22:43 PDT 2012

September 24, 2012

 *MAY 24 - 1 SAMUEL 7-8 - ISRAEL: DESIRES A KING*

 *1. 7:3 (7:1-3) ISRAEL: UNDER PHILISTINE SERVITUDE 20 YEARS. “And Samuel
said to all the house of Israel, ‘If you are returning to the LORD with all
your heart, then put away the foreign gods and the Ashtaroth from among you
and direct your heart to the LORD and serve him only, and he will deliver
you out of the hand of the Philistines’” (ESV). **Purification*: A Kingdom
principle if we are to see You, Father! *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 7:6 (7:4-14) ISRAEL: DELIVERED FROM PHILISTINES BY GOD. “So they
gathered at Mizpah and drew water and poured it out before the LORD and
fasted on that day and said there, ‘We have sinned against the LORD.’ And
Samuel judged the people of Israel at Mizpah.” *Here is an example of
obedience to Your Word, Father. When You speak, may we be quick to follow
You. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 7:15-17 ISRAEL: JUDGED BY SAMUEL. “Samuel judged Israel all the days
of his life. 16 And he went on a circuit year by year to Bethel, Gilgal,
and Mizpah. And he judged Israel in all these place. 17 Then he would
return to Ramah, for his home was there, and there also he judged Israel.
And he built there an altar to the LORD.” *Here is Your ideal situation,
Father: judging Your people through Your chosen judge and prophet. *Your
:will be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 8:4-5 (8:1-5) ISRAEL: DESIRES A KING. “Then all the elders of Israel
gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah 6 and said to him, ‘Behold,
you are old and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now appoint for us a
king to judge us like all the nations.” *But Your people Father, were
dissatisfied with Your ideal arrangement. They desired a king in their
carnality. O forgive us that we too tire of Your Manna and spiritual ways,
desiring lower levels of satisfaction! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day!*

 *5. 8:7 (8:6-10) ISRAEL: REJECTED GOD AS KING. “And the LORD said to
Samuel, ‘Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they
have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over
them.” *What a sad revelation! Father, grant us eyes of perception that we
may understand and desire *You**r* perfect will; *strengthen* us in times
of temptation that we depart not from Your ways. *And forgive us our
:debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 8:17-18 (8:11-18) ISRAEL: WARNED CONCERNING KINGS. “He will take the
tenth of your flocks, and you shall be his slaves. 18 And in that day you
will cry out because of your king, whom you have chosen for yourselves, but
the LORD will not answer you in that day.” *How faithful You are, Father!
Through Your servants You warn us concerning the foolishness of our ways. *And
bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 8:19-20 (8:19-22) ISRAEL: INSISTS ON A KING! “But the people refused
to obey the voice of Samuel. And they said, ‘No! But there shall be a king
over us, 20 that we also may be like all the nations, and that our king may
judge us and go out before us and fight our battles.’” *What a carnal
revelation! Father, deliver us from such a desire and decision. Show us
that *Yours* is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory! *But deliver us
from the evil one!*

 *NOTE*: *7:12 (7:4-14) ISRAEL: RECEIVES A STONE OF WITNESS. “Then Samuel
took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen and called its name
Ebenezer.” *It is good for us to set up memorials, Father - so we may
remember the occasions of Your deliverance in the past!

 Samuel judged Israel from 4 cities: Bethel, Gilgal, Mizpah and Ramah.
Between 1967 and 1979 God quickened these 4 cities to me. He said, “As
Samuel judged Israel through these 4 cities, so in these last days I will
use the 4 main cities of Cascadia, the Pacific Northwest, to work a work
for My people, ‘The One New Man’, the Church. When Seattle /Tacoma my
Ramah; Vancouver/Victoria, Spokane and Portland/Vancouver WA
*interface*with each other, as 4 City Churches with an Eldership in
the Gate of each -
then I will pour out of My Spirit upon them. It will go like wild-fire across
Canada and the USA, jumping the Atlantic, touching Europe, Asia, Africa,
Latin America and the Islands of the Sea - and *then* My Son shall return.”

 At the same time He will use the 3 Coastal Cities of Cascadia as His bow,
bringing back the string to Spokane - to loose His arrows to the volcanic
Pacific Rim nations.

 Always God uses Israel and the Old Covenant as a Type and Shadow for the
blood-bought Church of His Son. Redemption by Blood laid the basis for the
Coming of the Holy Spirit as His Gift, the d*o*-reA - the revealed mystery
of Christ *in us* by the Holy Spirit, the Hope of Glory.

 Samuel was used of God to raise up David as King to replace Saul, some
3000 years ago. Then God brought His Son into the world 2000 years ago to
change all OT types and shadows into *Reality*. Yet, the church like Israel
of old, has failed God the last 2000 years to fulfill His high purposes.
But with the Return of God’s Son on the 3rd 1000-year-day of Redemption and
the 7th 1000-year-day of Creation - we will begin to see the Glory of God’s
purposes. But the fulfillment of Perfection will come at the end of
this 7thMillennial day - when the Holy City of God descends from
heaven upon earth.
What a day that will be!

 So David, a man after God’s own heart, was His choice, not Saul - as King
of Israel. *He* became the type of God’s greater Son, coming 1000 years
later - born of a virgin, Son of man and Son of God. 1& 2 Samuel lay the
foundation in “Type” for all of this to follow.

 *Our Psalm for the Day: 144:1-2 MY ROCK AND MY FORTRESS! “Blessed be the
LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; 2 he
is my steadfast love and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my
shield and he in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.” *Here
we look into the secret of David: a man after Your own heart, Father. We
would respond to You and life’s circumstance like David! *Hallowed be your
:name!
*

* *