2 Peter 3 - Ourtline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:14:32 PDT 2012

September 21, 2012

 *MAY 21 - 2 PETER 3 - THE SURE PROMISE*

 *1. 3:1 (3:1-4) SCOFFERS OF THE LAST DAYS. “This is now, beloved, a second
letter that I write to you; in these I stir up your sincere mind by
reminder” (NNT). *The words of both Old Covenant prophets and New Covenant
apostles: these are not to be forgotten. *Both* are Your words of grace,
Father (Acts 20:32). Your Kingdom Father, is in the Gospel of Your
grace! *Hallowed
be your :name!*

 *2. 3:5-6 (3:5-7) JUDGMENT BY WATER: PRELUDE TO JUDGMENT BY FIRE. “For
this they willfully forget, that heavens were from of old, and an earth
compacted out of water and through water, by the word of :God; 6 by which
means the then world, overflowed with water, perished.” *Your wheels of
judgment Father, grind slow; but they grind exceedingly small! Your word is
*sure*! In our impatience we sometimes doubt You; but in Your appointed
times Your Word is *always* fulfilled! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 3:8 TIME: FROM GOD’S POINT OF VIEW! But forget not this one thing,
beloved, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand
years as one day.” *This is *Your* perspective on time, Father! From Adam
to Christ, but 4 days! From Christ till now, but 2 days. From the beginning
till the day of rest, but 6 days! How different from our perspective! *Your
:will be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 3:9 (3:9-10) BEHAVIOR: GODLY IN LIGHT OF DAY OF LORD. “The Lord is not
slack concerning the promise, as some count slackness; but is longsuffering
toward you, not intending that any perish, but that all come to
repentance.” *It is good that we see things from eternity’s view, Father. *
Then* impatience flees away, and we rest in You! O forgive us for our
fleshly impatience, and teach us the “rest” of John 15:1-16! *Our :daily
:bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 3:11-12a (3:11-13) TIMELY APPLICATION. “Since these things are thus
all to be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in all holy
living and godliness, 12a looking for and hastening the presence of the day
of :God.” *O let our behavior be affected by this revelation, Father! Burn
it deep upon our hearts! Keep our lives in perspective with *Yours*! *And
forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 3:14 (3:14-16) EXHORTATION: APPLY DILIGENCE TO BE IN GOD! “Wherefore,
beloved, since you look for these, give diligence to be found in peace,
spotless and blameless before him.” *Your peace comes before our purity,
Father. A fish needs to be caught before it is cleaned! Grace is the
beginning of Your work of transformation. Salvation of spirit is
instantaneous; renewal of mind is a life-time’s work! *And bring us not
into temptation.*

 *7. 3:17 (3:17-18) WARNING: BECAUSE OF COMING JUDGMENT OF THE WICKED. “YOU
therefore, beloved, knowing beforehand, beware lest, carried away with
theerror of the wicked, you fall from
your own :steadfastness.” *Swirling round about us at all times - is the
error of the lawless! But *You* Father, in Christ are our Rock! *But
deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 3:15 (3:14-16) GOD’S LONGSUFFERING: FOR **OUR SALVATION! “And
account that the longsuffering of our :Lord is salvation; even as our
beloved :brother Paul also, according to the wisdom given him, wrote
you.” *What
grace is revealed in Your delays, Father!

 Our philosophy of life is not complete or perfect - except we have the
revelation of 2 Peter 3 as a key part of it. We cannot afford to bypass
this word of the Spirit that came to Peter. Note also 3:16 - Peter is aware
that the insights that came to the apostle Paul are *not* always easy to
understand. *Many* unfortunately - glibly lay hold of his revelations -
twist them - manipulate them, and end up in *destruction*!

 It is a great help to understand the 14 NT letters of Paul by reading them
from God’s Bible Numeric “Outlined Interlinear NT” as discovered by Ivan
Panin in 1890. To see the significance of his discovery allowed him by God,
see our Website *<www.2rbetter.org>*, click on “Archives”, and scroll down
to “2011.01.02 - Cutting Edge Ministries on Panin”. Here you will find an
analysis of this “Finding” - that sets forth from God’s perspective - the
importance of this discovery for these last days.

 Panin died in 1942 in Aldershot, Ontario; and now 70 years later almost to
the month - his 100,000 hours of labor in Interlinear format is printed and
soon available. Contact *<www.btjohnsonpublish.com>* or Phone *
<1-866-260-9563>* for more information, or to order.

 Thanks for your patience concerning this, but I sense the timing is of God
in the light of the 70 years.

 *Our Psalm for the day: 141:5 GIVE EAR TO MY VOICE. “Let a righteous man
strike me - it is a kindness; let him rebuke me - it is oil for my head;
let my head not refuse it. Yet my prayer is continually against their evil
deeds” (ESV). *Only the strongly mature could pray such a prayer. But it is
our desire Father, to be of this same heart with David. Let his humility
and meekness be in our soul! *Hallowed be your :name!*