1 Peter 1:3-2:10 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:54:52 PDT 2012

September 12, 2012

 *MAY 16 - 1 PETER 1:3-2:10 - THE LIVING HOPE*

 *1. 1:3 (1:3-5) JESUS’ RESURRECTION: BASIS OF OUR HOPE. “Blessed the God
and Father of our :Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great :mercy
begot us again unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from
the dead” (NNT). *And what is our hope? that just as *You*, Lord Jesus, are
the firstfruit of the dead, now in Your Father’s Glory; so we in Your time
Father, shall be one with *Him*! It is almost inconceivable - but we accept
it by faith! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 1:8-9 (1:6-9) JESUS OUR JOY: OBTAINED BY FAITH. “Whom not seeing you
love; on whom, though now you see him not, yet believing, you rejoice
greatly with joy unspeakable and glorified: 9 receiving the end of the
faith, salvation of souls.” *By Your Spirit Father, we are able to endure
in this life, until eternal life is manifested in its fullness! *Your
:kingdom come.*

 *3. 1:12 (1:10-12) JESUS’ SALVATION: REVEALED BY SPIRIT. “To whom it was
revealed, that not to themselves, but to you, did they minister the very
things, which now have been announced to you through them that
preached thegospel to you by
the Holy Spirit sent forth from heaven; which things angels desire to look
into.” *How privileged we are to be chosen by Your Father: for this
privilege, all of grace. *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 1:15-16 (1:13-21, LEV 11:44; 19:2; 20:7) JESUS’ REDEMPTION: BASED ON
HIS BLOOD. “But like as he who called you is holy, become YOU also holy in
your whole behavior; 16 because it is written [that], You shall be holy,
because I am holy.” *And what should our response be unto You Father, in
the light of our high calling in Christ? *Holiness* unto You, O great
Jehovah Father! O forgive us that we so often fail to apprehend the Glory
of our high calling in Your Son, and spontaneously offer our bodies daily
as living sacrifices! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 1:23 (1:22-25) GOD’S WORD: INSTRUMENTAL IN SPIRITUAL BIRTH! Begotten
again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through God’s word,
which lives and abides.” *Love of our brothers: our appropriate response
for this supernatural birth through Your incorruptible *Word*, Father! Show
us that You and Your Word are *One*! Show us that You and Christ are *One*!
*And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 2:2-3 (2:1-5) JESUS HIMSELF: FOUNDATION FOR GOD’S HOUSE! “As newborn
babes, long for the reasonable guileless milk, that you may grow thereby
unto salvation: 3 if you have tasted that the Lord is good!” *When we feed
on Your Word Father, we feed on *Jesus*! When we feed on Him, we grow in a
manner well-pleasing to *You*! *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 2:9 (2:6-10) JESUS AS CORNER-STONE: FOR BLESSING OR STUMBLING. “But
you are an elect race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for
God’spossession, so that you may show forth the excellencies of him
who called
you out of darkness into his marvelous :light.” *Why are we so highly
favored as Your people, Father? because we are built upon *Jesus*, the
chief Corner-stone of Your Holy Temple, Whose temple we are. Praise fills
our hearts at such a revelation! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 1:4-5 (**1:1-5) JESUS: HIS INHERITANCE GIFT TO US. “Unto an
inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and unfading, reserved in
theheavens for you, 5
who by God’s power are guarded through faith unto a salvation ready to be
revealed in the last season.” **This* is the *fullness* of our inheritance
in Christ that You have reserved for us, Father!

 Peter recognized that God chose him first - to introduce the Gospel to
Gentiles - through Cornelius! He makes this statement in Acts 15.
*This*was the official beginning of the “One New Man” that Paul
mentions in
Ephesians. Prior to Paul’s time of explanation, the revelation was a *
mystery*. But as God chose Peter to officially bring the first Gentiles
into His Kingdom - so He used Paul to reveal the *mystery* to the church as
a whole. He also made Paul apostle of the Gentiles, just as He made Peter
the chief apostle of the Circumcision. Acts 1-12 brings forth Peter’s place
in this, and Acts 13-28

, Paul’s!

 Peter with the 12 received Jesus’ 3 years of personal ministry prior to
Pentecost. Up to this time Jesus was “straitened” in His effectiveness of
teaching, for prior to the Cross and the Giving of the Holy Spirit, the 12
apostles were unable to perceive the significance of His Kingdom teaching.
But after Pentecost, Peter demonstrated the difference the Holy Spirit made.

 Then after Paul’s conversion recorded in Acts 9, then Jesus in the Arabian
desert unfolded to him personally the meaning of the 27 Gospel mysteries.
In the OT, prophets and angels did not have clarity of understanding in
this area - but God chose Paul to have unusual revelation in this area. In
Ephesians 3:4 he confirms that believers would be able to perceive the
wisdom and understanding that God gave him in these areas - especially
concerning the “One New Man”. This brought great joy to Gentiles - and some
difficulties for Jews.

 The two epistles of Peter are rich in simple and practical understanding
of the Gospel - but don’t delve into this area of unfolding the mysteries.
Peter himself had a lapse in the church of Antioch with Barnabas - through
fear of the Judaizers. Paul, because of the extraordinary clarity of this
mystery among others - was forced to rebuke Peter before those present.

 Imagine - 14 of the 27 NT books came to us through Paul, God’s choice as
apostle to the Gentiles, and the one to clarify the OT prophetic words of
mysteries awaiting revelation until Christ’s Atoning death at Calvary, His
Resurrection, Ascension and Giving of the Holy Spirit. *Then* with the
conversion of Paul and his 3 year desert time with Jesus - these things
became the basis of his epistles. Peter mentioned that these things of Paul
for some - had difficulty of understanding, and the unsteadfast wrested
them to their own destruction.

 *The Key*! *Meditation* on the epistles of Paul along with the whole NT.
The coming “Outlined Interlinear NT” based on God’s Bible Numerics as
revealed to Russian Ivan Panin - is *not* an end in itself - but *a means
to an end* - namely - the basis for meditation on these revelation
mysteries given by the apostle Paul. Aim for an understanding of all 27 NT
mysteries! - Jim Watt

 Our Psalm for the day: *136:1 HIS STEADFAST LOVE ENDURES FOREVER! “Give
thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love (CHEsed) endures
forever” (ESV). *What blessings do we enjoy? Ultimately they all redound
back to You, Father! Creation, deliverance, destruction of enemies,
redemption and provision: *You* provide them *all*! *All* good things come
from *You*! *Hallowed be your :name!*