1 Peter 1:1-2 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 12:10:20 PDT 2012

September 11, 2012

 *MAY 15 - 1 PETER 1:1-2 - THE APOSTLE’S BLESSING*

 *1. 1:1a (1:1-2) PETER: HIS TITLE. “Peter, apostle of Jesus Christ” (NNT).
*You set in the church apostles, prophets and teachers, Father (1
Corinthians 12:28). Through *Jesus* You gave the 5-fold ministries of
Ephesians 4:11. It is all a sovereign act of Yourself. Peter is one of Your
chosen, elect ones. We submit to Your right in this (Acts 20:28). *Hallowed
be your :name!*

 *2. 1:1b (1:1-2) SUBJECT: ELECT SOJOURNERS OF THE DISPERSION. “To the
elect sojourners of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia,
and Bithynia.” *Peter knew the value of these dispersed people to You,
Father. As a true shepherd he writes under Your direction, that they might
be encouraged. We bless You for Your faithful servant! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 1:2a (1:1-2) FOREKNOWLEDGE: BASIS OF ELECTION. “According to
theforeknowledge of God
the Father.” *You Father, are the One Who calls the things that are not as
though they were! You called Jeremiah before he was born, even before he
was conceived! You named 8 men by name even before their birth; one,
centuries in advance! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 1:2b (1:1-2) SANCTIFICATION OF SPIRIT: THE WORKING OF ELECTION. “In
sanctification of the Spirit.” *Objectively, You work by foreknowledge,
Father; subjectively, You work in sanctification of the Spirit. We are
those in Christ because of Calvary; we are conformed unto His image through
the Holy Spirit. First the blood - then the oil! *Our :daily :bread Give us
this day.*

 *5. 1:2c (1:1-2) OBEDIENCE AND BLOOD SPRINKLING: GOAL OF ELECTION. “Unto
obedience and sprinkling of Jesus Christ’s blood.” *The obedience to the
faith for all nations (ROM 1:5; 16:26), is Your goal for us, Father. In *
this* way we are made conformable unto *Jesus*, and are brought into Glory!
Then the travail of His soul is *not* in vain (ISA 53:11). *And forgive us
our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 1:2d (1:1-2) MULTIPLICATION OF GRACE: DESIRE OF THE APOSTLE. “Grace to
you.” *Grace is very close to the covenant love (CHEsed) of the Old
Covenant. It is more than the unmerited favor of God. And Peter’s prayer is
that this grace might be *multiplied* so that one drives 1000 to flight,
and two drive 10,000 (DEUT 32:30)! *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 1:2e (1:1-2) MULTIPLICATION OF PEACE: DESIRE OF THE APOSTLE. “And
peacebe multiplied.”
*Old Covenant peace is *Shalom*. It speaks of *wholeness*, well-being,
spiritual prosperity, our ideal state in God. It is the desire and greeting
of Israelis one to another. We *bless You* for Shalom, Father. *But deliver
us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: Psalm 135: 19-21. YOUR NAME, O LORD, ENDURES FOREVER. **“O house
of Israel, bless the LORD! O house of Aaron, bless the LORD! 20 O house of
Levi, bless the LORD! You who fear the LORD, bless the LORD! 21 Blessed be
the LORD from Zion, he who dwells in Jerusalem! Praise the LORD”
(ESV)! *Israel,
priests, Levites and Gentiles: all are to bless You, O great Jehovah
Father. We bless You in Your dwelling place!

 I have divided 1 & 2 Peter into 7 sections for daily Bible readings. These
sections have been set forth by Ivan Panin according to God’s Bible
Numerics, which He revealed to Panin in 1890. Panin’s discovery included
the “sentence, sub-paragraph, paragraph and section structure”, also set
forth by Bible Numerics. 1 Peter 1:1-2 is the first significant paragraph
of these 2 books.

 What a wealth of spiritual lessons appear in these 2 verses of this first
paragraph! One of these lessons has to do with the Sovereign right of our
God to *elect* the Jewish sojourners in the Diaspora (or Dispersion).
George Muller started out his Christian life at the age of 20 in Germany.
Then he came to England. In one of his early sermons, he referred to the
doctrine of “election” as a “devilish doctrine”. A lady challenged him:
“Have you ever done a thorough study of the Bible on the doctrine of
Election?” He acknowledge that he had not. She then said: “Then please do
not make conclusions on this doctrine, until you have done so.” So instead
of taking offense at this challenge, he went verse by verse through the
entire Bible, especially in the New Testament. To his amazement he found
that fully 80% of the verses relating to this doctrine, were positive in
this regard. Then as he matured as a Christian, he found the other 20%
started to fit in to the teaching of the 80%. Muller was proficient in 7
languages, including Greek, Hebrew, German, French and English. He often
studied the Bible in its original languages. Charles Haddon Spurgeon and
Stephen Tregelles held similar views as Muller.

 Like Muller I started my Christian life at 21 in 1944 as “Arminian” in
doctrine. But also like Muller, I study the Bible in Hebrew and Greek. I
have completely outlined the entire Bible in 366 daily readings of 9 verses
each, using God’s Bible Numeric pattern as discovered by Ivan Panin. I have
also taken Panin’s two Bible Numeric New Testament texts, and put them
together in an *Outlined* Interlinear Format. In the process of over 40,000
hours of labor in these areas, I like Muller, have moved from the Arminian
position, to that held by him, George Whitefield, Spurgeon and Tregelles.

 I have no problem fellowshipping fully with friends who still hold the
original position of Muller and myself. George Whitefield also held this
same openness.

 There is no doubt that when we all get to heaven - each one of us will
still have areas of adjustment to make in our understanding of the Bible,
especially the New Testament. So it behooves all of us down here to have an
openness to one another in spite of differing opinions and interpretations.
I have preached in churches of over 40 different denominations. Among
these, we have areas of difference. But - these differing view-points do *
not* hinder good fellowship! I invite you to join with me and George
Whitefield in being open to one another in differing doctrinal viewpoints,
as long as *essentials* are not involved. In essentials: unity. In
non-essentials: tolerance. In all things: charity - or love!

 Our Psalm for the day: *135:12 YOUR NAME, O LORD, ENDURES FOREVER! “The
LORD gave the land of the nations as a heritage, a heritage to his people
Israel!” *How Sovereign You are, Father! The land You promised Abraham, but
withheld until the cup of the iniquity of the Amorite was full: *that
land*came to Israel under Joshua. What is a 400 year delay to You?
*Hallowed be your :name! *Jim Watt