James 2 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 12:21:49 PDT 2012

September 5, 2012

 *MAY 10 - JAMES 2 - WISDOM IN THE CHURCH*

 *1. 2:1 (2:1-13) FAITH AND RESPECT OF PERSONS: A CONTRADICTION. “My
brethren, are you holding the faith of Jesus Christ our :lord of the glory
with respect of persons” (NNT)?*

Why is it Father, that we toady to the rich? They are usually rich at the
expense of the poor, and do not normally come through with help from the
heart. O give us a heart for the poor, the orphan and the widow! *Hallowed
be your :name.*

 *2. 2:14 (2:14-17) FAITH AND WORKS. **“What profits **it, **my brethren,
if one say he has faith, but have not works? can the faith save him?” *Faith
and works are two sides of the same coin! True saving faith always issues
forth in helpful works. Works that please God always flow out of living
faith. Why do we theologize over them Father, splitting the infinite and
unscrewing the inscrutable? *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 2:18 FAITH SHOWN BY WORKS. **“But one will say, YOU have faith, and I
have works: show me your :faith apart from the works, and I by my :works
will show you the faith.” *Now we get down to the practicals! Faith is
*not*an assertion: it is a
*demonstration*! James saw this clearly. We embrace this definition,
Father. *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 2:19-20 FAITH WITHOUT WORKS. **“YOU believe that God is one; you do
well: the demons also believe, and shudder. **20 **But will you know, O
vain man, that the faith apart from the works is barren?” *Demons have no
works, just faith. They are *not* committed to please You, Father; they under
Satan oppose You. They believe in You and Your word more clearly than many
believers, but have no *follow-through*. *Our :daily :bread Give us this
day!*

 *5. 2:21-22 (2:21-24) ABRAHAM’S FAITH AND WORKS. **“Was not Abraham our
:father justified by works, in that he offered up Isaac his :son upon the
altar? **22 **You see that the faith worked with the works, and by the
works was the faith perfected.” *Now here is a further word and clear
revelation stating the close relationship between faith and works. James
has *not* written a “right strawy” epistle, as one theologian opined! *And
forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 2:25 RAHAB’S FAITH AND WORKS. **“And likewise was not also Raab the
harlot justified by works, in that she received the messengers, and sent **
them** out another way?” *Justification is based on living faith integrally
bound up with works that demonstrate it. Father, write this truth strong on
our hearts. *Circumcise* our hearts with it! *And bring us not into
temptation!*

 *7. 2:26 FAITH IS TO WORKS - AS SPIRIT **IS **TO BODY. **“Just as the body
apart from spirit is dead, even so :faith apart from works is dead.” *Here
is the conclusion of the matter. Living faith is *always* demonstrated by
works that follow. We bless You for this principle Father, and strongly
acknowledge its truth. *But deliver us from the evil **one!*

 *NOTE**: 2:5-6a (2:1-13) THE POOR: GOD’S CHOICE! **“Hearken, my beloved
brethren; did not :God choose the poor as to the world **to be** rich in
faith, and heir of the kingdom which he promised to them that love him? **6a
**But YOU have dishonored the poor **man**.” *The majority of Kingdom
members are from among the poor! It is far more difficult for a rich man to
enter the Kingdom of God. Only God can help the rich!

 *It is interesting how so many believers have difficulty with the book of
James. James wants us all to look at this subject as “both/and”! Both faith
and works! While so many believers want to separate them into “faith
orworks”! Luther had this same problem way back in his day - and saw
only
“Justification by Faith!”*

 *If we accept the book of James as “canonical” - then we have no problem!
And if we see “God’s Bible Numerics” through Ivan Panin confirming James as
canonical - then - we have no choice! We must then, “Let the Word mean what
it wants to mean” - and “let God say what He wants to say!”*

 *This** is my position, and I find that it solves so many problems! The
upcoming “Outlined Interlinear New Testament” based on God’s Bible Numerics
through the discovery of Ivan Pain - is **such a major break-through in the
field of “Textual Criticism”. It enables us to remove up to 60% of all the
material in Bible Commentaries, and their reasoning trying to establish the
original text.*

 *That** is already **solved through “Bible Numerics”.*

 *For those of you who would like some extra proof on this, turn to our
Website <www.2rbetter.org> and click on “Archives”. Then scroll down to
2011.01.02 - “Cutting Edge Ministries” on Panin. This is one of the better
articles giving a clear insight into “God’s Astounding Bible Numerics” as
unfolded by Ivan Panin. It is indeed “Russia’s Gift to Christianity”!*

 *Our Psalm for the day: 130:7-8 “O Israel, hope in the LORD! For with the
LORD there is steadfast love (CHEsed), and with him is plentiful
redemption. 8 And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities” (ESV). *Again
Father, we bear witness that You deal with us *not* according to our
worthiness or works, but according to Your Covenant Love! O, we bless You
for Your wisdom and mercy in this! *Hallowed be your :name!*