James 1:1-18 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 11:35:31 PDT 2012

September 3, 2012

 *MAY 8 - JAMES 1:1-18 - WISDOM: PATH TO PERFECTION*

 *1. 1:1 TO THE TWELVE TRIBES: NOT LOST. “James, bondman of God and
theLord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes :in the Dispersion,
greeting”
(NNT). *In Your sight Father, the 12 tribes are not lost. British Israel
according to this has no ground of support. We prefer to follow
*Your*testimony, and stay in balance.
*Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 1:2-4 JOY IN TESTINGS. “Count it all joy, my brethren, when you fall
into manifold temptations; 3 knowing that the proving of your :faith works
patience. 3 But let patience have perfect work, that you be perfect and
entire, lacking in nothing.” *Father, help us to understand the depth and
practicality of this teaching! Take the spiritual whine and wimpiness out
of us. *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 1:5 (1:5-8) WISDOM: RECEIVED BY FAITH. “But if any of you lack wisdom,
let him ask of :God, who gives to all simply and upbraids not: and it shall
be given him.” **You* are our source of wisdom Father, and it is all in *
Jesus*! Abundance comes from *You*! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so
on earth!*

 *4. 1:9-10 (1:9-11) LOW AND RICH. “But let the humble :brother glory in
his :exaltation: 10 and the rich, in his :humiliation: because as a flower
of the grass he shall pass away.” *It is good for us to know Psalm 90, and
the transitoriness of life. Write this truth *deep* on our hearts, Father.
Circumcise our hearts with it. *Our :daily :bread Give us this day!*

 *5. 1:12 ENDURANCE: ITS BLESSEDNESS. “Blessed the man that endures
temptation; for when he has been approved, he shall receive the crown of
:life, which He promised to them that love him.” *Then we accept Your way
Father, which is a life of purging through trials and testing. *None* are
exempt, and it is just as much for the righteous as the carnal; yes, even *more
so*, because we are sons, not bastards! *And forgive us our :debts, as we
also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 1:13-14 (1:13-15) TEMPTATION: ITS PSYCHOLOGY. “Let no one say when
tempted [that], I am tempted from God; for :God is unversed in evils, and
he himself tempts no one: 14 but each is tempted, being drawn away by his own
:lust, and enticed.” *Write this *too* upon our hearts. Let Your Spirit be
our ever present Teacher and Remembrancer! We accept Your analysis, Father!
*And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 1:16-17 (1:16-18). EVERY GOOD GIFT FROM ABOVE. “Be not deceived, my
beloved brethren. 17 Every good giving and every perfect gift is from
above, coming down from the Father of the lights, with whom is no
variation, neither shadow cast by turning.” *What a comforting thought! How
much like You, Father! Yes, we embrace this truth! *But deliver us from the
evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 1:6-8 (1:5-8) DANGER OF DOUBLE-MINDEDNESS! **“But let him ask in
faith, nothing doubting: for who doubts is like a sea wave, driven by wind
and tossed. 7 For let not that :man think that he shall receive anything of
the Lord; 8 a double-minded man, unstable in all his :ways.” *We commit our
will to *You* Father, and stop our ambivalence! We are *settled*, and will *
not* be moved!

 *There is unusual wisdom with our God! We need to seek His face for His
Wisdom in the Restoration of the City Church - with an Eldership in the
Gate. This has not been operative in full effectiveness since the days of
the apostle Paul. Then it was said of apostolic teams - “They that have
turned the world upside down - have come here also!” *

 *Jethro, the father-in-law of Moses - in Exodus 18 shared God’s wisdom
with him. That we may know this wise counsel was not of Jethro, but through
him from God, he said “If God confirms this, then follow through on it.”
Moses did so, and though it was at that time but “Types and Shadows” - yet
it was the applied basis for the New Testament Church!*

 *We are believing God today for the restoration of the NT church in the
cities of Canada and the United States of America. It may well start out as
a remnant of the local churches of cities - but it will be restored.
Significant prophecies in confirmation have come to Canada and the Pacific
NW (Cascadia) concerning this. In 1944 I asked God why He had revealed
Himself to me from amongst my many friends. Here is His reply: “I am going
to restore My church in these last days with apostles and prophets - and if
you are faithful - you may have part in this.”*

 *I didn’t understand the meaning or significance of this at the time, but
added insights and revelation have come to this word through the years -
and we are about to see its fulfillment.*

 *Out of a city of 800 local churches - perhaps 30 might respond to this
challenge. It was so in 1967 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It will be so in
the Seattle Metroplex in the very near future. Jethro exhorted on this
truth of God to appoint leaders of 1000’s, 100’s, 50’s and 10’s over Israel
for meeting the needs of the people. Similar needs requiring judgment still
exist for the church of today.*

 *Each local church of the remnant of City churches that hears and responds
- can have its pastor as a leader of 100 - of 100 typical families in 10
cell groups or “churches in the home”. Pastor David Yonggi Cho of Korea saw
this principle in the mid 1900’s, and acted upon it according to what
insight he had at the time. Unfortunately, he did not see the “City Church”
concept for Seoul, S. Korea, and reserved this truth but for just one local
church in his city. It is remarkable what the limited application of this
truth produced in one local church.*

 *But now we need to see the “cell group” concept applied to many local
churches simultaneously in a city church!*

 *Early this morning (2012-09-03) I had a night vision - and saw this
principle taking place in a Korean church in the S. King County area, and a
City Church in the Peninsula north of Tacoma.*

 *Each local pastor that hears God’s call and responds, can through leaders
of 50’s and 10’s - see this become operative in his local congregation.
Each para-church leader can do likewise. This will not take too long in
time to bring into a real functioning.*

 *It is my faith starting 68 years ago, to see such take place in Canada and
Cascadia in the not too distant future. God’s Bible Numeric “Outlined
Interlinear New Testament” based on the discovery of Ivan Panin - will have
a key part in making this viable.*

 *My wife Marie and I are 89 going on to 90. It is never too late to see
God’s promises fulfilled! I have sought to be faithful to His call and
commission that He gave me when He brought me into His Kingdom as a
Canadian sailor. The 12 Embryonic Revival {Principles of the 1948 N. Canada
Visitation, are also a major ingredient in God’s purposes.*

 *Roland Allen of England in the 1800’s saw this potential and possibility.
His “Missionary Methods: St. Paul’s or Ours” - plus his “The Spontaneous
Expansion of the Church” - laid the foundation of this understanding for me
in 1949. Though Watchman Nee did not clearly see the City Church Restored
through the concept of a remnant of local churches - yet through “His
Glorious Church” - he partially saw this vision. John Dawson in his “Taking
Our Cities for God” comes closer.*

 *For one city to break through with a functioning City Church and an
Eldership or Presbytery in its Gate - in line with Acts 13:1-3 and Acts 15
- will be like a “key log” of a log jam - releasing the whole tie-up to
break loose and move majestically to the sea!*

 *Join with me in believing for the Word of God to be “now” fulfilled. -
Jim Watt*

 Our Psalm for the day: *128:5-6 BLESSED IS EVERYONE WHO FEARS THE LORD. “The
LORD bless you from Zion! May you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the
days of your life! 6 May you see your children’s children! Peace be upon
Israel” (ESV)! *Family and national blessing You promise to those who fear
You, O great Jehovah Father! Israel experienced the faithfulness of the
promise whenever they walked with You, and the Church also! *Hallowed be
Your :Name!*