Judges 2:12-31 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 09:11:30 PDT 2012

August 27, 2012

 *MAY 2 - JUDGES 2:12-31 - EHUD AND MOAB*

 *1. 3:12 (3:12-14) EGLON OF MOAB. “And the people of Israel again did what
was evil in the sight of the LORD, and the LORD strengthened Eglon the king
of Moab against Israel, because they had done what was evil in the sight of
the LORD” (ESV). *You become *our* enemy Father, when we choose to become *
Your* enemy! It is *not* the devil, but *You* chastising us through man
because of our sin! We submit to Your Sovereign right to do this! *Hallowed
be Your :name!*

 *2. 3:15 EHUD: BY PRAYER, RAISED UP BY GOD. “Then the people of Israel
cried out to the LORD, and the LORD raised up for them a deliverer, Ehud,
the son of Gera, the Benjaminite, a left-handed man. The people of Israel
sent tribute by him to Eglon the king of Moab.”* But Your mercy Father,
swallows up Your justice when we repent! We bless You for this! *Your
:kingdom come!*

 *3. 3:20 (3:16-23) EHUD’S DEVICE. And Ehud came to him as he was sitting
alone in his cool roof chamber. And Ehud said, “I have a message from God
for you.” And he arose from his seat. *Wicked Eglon deserved judgment.
Eventually, *all* the wicked will be cast into hell. But for Your people
Father, You have for *them* - Everlasting Life! *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 3:25 (3:24-25) EGLON FOUND DEAD. “And they waited till they were
embarrassed. But when he still did not open the doors of the roof chamber,
they took the key and opened them, and there lay their lord dead on the
floor.” *We wonder if Babylon will ever fall. We wonder if Your judgment
will ever fall upon Your enemies, Father. But the end of the wicked is *sure
* (PSA 73). *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 3:26 EHUD ESCAPES. “Ehud escaped while they delayed, and he passed
beyond the idols and escaped to Seirah.” *Can You protect the righteous
when they obey You, Father? Are You willing to do so? Yes! 1000 times yes,
to *both* questions! We will *not* doubt you! *And forgive us our :debts,
As we also have forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 3:27-28a (3:27-30) MOAB SUBDUED. When he arrived, he sounded the
trumpet in the hill country of Ephraim. Then the people of Israel went down
with him from the hill country, and he was their leader. 28a And he said to
them, “Follow after me, for the LORD has given your enemies the Moabites
into your hand.” *Do You still deliver us from the evil one, Father? *Yes*,
for You are *Almighty God*, and there is *nothing* too difficult for You! *And
bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 3:31 SHAMGAR: THIRD JUDGE - OVER APOSTASY AND PHILISTINES. “After him
was Shamgar the son of Anath, who killed 600 of the Philistines with an
oxgoad, and he also saved Israel.” **Faithful* are You O Father, concerning
Your people. Following Your judgment and our repentance - comes Your
deliverance! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 3:30 (3:27-30) DELIVERANCE - AND THEN **REST! “So Moab was
subdued that day under the hand of Israel. And the land had rest for eighty
years.” *This was a tremendously long time of rest! Usually Israel started
to sin again long before this.

 Have you been noting the strong divergence between the Judges? They come
from different tribes of Israel! Their temperaments are most diverse! They
have different amounts of Scripture allotted to them. But - they *all* meet
a common need: *Deliverance* in the light of repentance! Then leadership
and judging on the part of these Judges - if Israel can be preserved from
returning to sin.

 Revivals in the church age are somewhat parallel to the Judges in the days
of Israel. Dr. J. Edwin Orr from Belfast Ireland was a powerful Revivalist
in his day. Luther, Calvin, Knox, Wesley, Finney - were powerful leaders of
deliverance in their days. Unfortunately - they each majored on one
particular doctrine to restore: such as “Justification by Faith” by Luther;
Sanctification by Wesley. Denominations were formed around these leaders
and their specific doctrines - which led to fragmentation of Christ’s Body,
the Church.

 But now we approach the end of the age - the end of 6 ages of 1000 years
each; and the time for a 1000-year Sabbath following the Return of our
Lord. *This* will change all that has preceded! Our Lord Jesus will lead
and work millennial changes! City churches with functioning Elderships in
the Gates - will cover the earth! Israel will become the Chief Nation of
the earth.

 Are we prepared for all these changes? Most likely not. Perhaps that is
just as well.

 Yet there are those like the apostle Paul who understood the nature of the
times of the early church. He had keen understanding and insight concerning
the 27 mysteries of the Kingdom of God, especially of “The One New Man”
composed of Jew and Gentile.

 So the Types and Shadows of the Judges in the Book of Judges - will help
prepare us and ready us for the cataclysmic changes about to take place!
2012 AD is a key year in the annals of God for the changes soon to take
place. The publication of God's Bible Numeric “Outlined Interlinear New
Testament” by Ivan Panin - is a key step in this preparation. Intimate,
real, effective “Bible Meditation” in the spirit of George Muller and
George Whitefield - based on this “Outlined Interlinear New Testament” - is
a fruitful result flowing from this Publication.

 God’s blessings on us - as we pursue these “helps” He has placed on our
way!

 Finally - our Psalm for the day: *122:1-2 LET US GO TO THE HOUSE OF THE
LORD. “I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the
LORD!’ 2 Our feet have been standing within your gates, O Jerusalem!” *There
is a double thrust here, Father: a thrust for Israel according to Romans
9-11; and a thrust for Jerusalem from above! Help us to keep balanced in
this, lest we become superstitious on the one hand; or anti-Semitic on the
other. We would so walk as to *Hallow Your :name!*