Numerology & Alphabetology

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 12:04:34 PDT 2012

March 21, 2012

 *2012-03-19 - NUMEROLOGY & ALPHABETOLOGY: VOIDS GOD'S WORD*

*KABBALAH & THE ESOTERIC - SLIPPING INTO CHRISTIANITY*

“*CLASSICAL HEBREW” - UNDERCUTS GREEK NEW TESTAMENT*

*BIBLICAL MEDITATION - JEOPARDIZED BY THE ABOVE*

 Hi friends - 2012-03-2012

 The following article is being sent first to a very few selected friends
prior to its regular mailing. It is in my estimation a very serious
document. I fear the enemy is launching a very determined effort to
sidetrack the Outlined Interlinear NT - so that instead of applying
Biblical Meditation upon a simple Bible text, complications are being
injected that will make true “Bible Meditation” exceedingly difficult.

 I have had 3 very strong examples of this departure from simplicity. One
back in the early 2000's in a Messianic Jewish Congregation we were
leading. More recently in another Messianic Jewish Congregation. But most
recently through a friend who but two years ago was walking soundly in the
simplicity of the Word - but has now veered off into this land of
excitement because of having departed from the simplicity of the "manna" of
the Word. Israel got tired of the simplicity of angel's food, and wanted
the food of Egypt. I am afraid my friend is willing to give them what they
want.

 Before I send this out - I need your appraisal. Do you agree? Are their
additions, omissions, changes that you suggest? I will most appreciate your
words along this line. Your friend - Jim Watt

 Following are a few responses to my request above: - first from the SeaTac
Metroplex -

 Jim, In my 30 years of ministry - 40 years as a believer - I've come to
the conclusion that there is something in the carnal mind that longs for
the esoteric and the unusual. While I am a great advocate of Jewish roots,
I think much of the preoccupation with Messianic stuff is misguided and a
fascination with Judaism rather than Biblical Christianity.
Most believers today know much about Jewish customs but little about the
revelation given to the apostle Paul. They don't know who they are in
Christ, their authority as a believer or the basis of their standing before
God (or justification). These truths, which all have heard, are assented to
yet not lived. It takes prayerful meditation in God's New Covenant to bring
these truths out of the intellectual realm into our lifestyle.
As you know, E.W. Kenyon was both a great advocate of meditation and Paul's
revelation. As I see it today, the Church is in desperate need of both.
Blessings, my friend.* * In Christ,

 One from the East Coast -

 Dear Jim, I like the way you approached this. You are consistent in your
approach, honoring the Word of God. You are also fair-minded and gracious
with your detractors. You are a blessing! Love to Marie. Miss you both!
Thanks for including me in the updates and "deeper discussions" like this.
God Bless!

 Another from the SeaTac Metroplex - Dear Brother Jim. I see where you are
going, and canot help see through the glass darkly your inference. I was
going to call you and see what your take was on the exegesis presented. I
will withhold any evaluation. Thank you for your presence. You are and
always will be a watch-dog and guardian for common sense and reason. Best
to you and your lovely bride ---

 *My take -*

 *There are 4 possible ways to interpret the Bible: PRDS - covers the
following 4 points of alliteration:*

*- Peshat - (lit. simple) - the direct interpretation of meanings*

*- Remez - (hints)*

*- Derash - (allegorical meanings - think allusions)*

*- Sod - (Secret or mystical) - The last three are not mentioned by any OT
or NT writers! Jesus in Matthew 15 accused Scribes and Pharisees of His day
- of making void the Word of God (in its simplicity) by their traditions.*

 *Through Kabbalah, Numerology, Gematria and Alphabetology (making each
letter of the Hebrew alphabet into a word in itself) - is both secret and
verging on the occult.*

 *See also “Hebrew Alphabet” under Google, and “Ancient Hebrew Alphabet”.
Some call this “Classic Hebrew” - but actually it is a departure from the
simple Bible (Torah) interpretation. It is a departure from the Simplicity
of the given words as they are in the Bible, and makes simple “Biblical
Meditation” in the spirit of George Muller and George Whitefield
exceedingly difficult.*

 *It also undercuts the integrity of the Greek New Testament - that is
anything but “form” alone. But under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, it
becomes through the “Outlined Interlinear NT” based on the Bible Numeric
discoveries of Ivan Panin - an extremely effective way to walk through the
“Tabernacle of Moses” into the very place of the Holy of Holies, and
intimacy with God!*

 *No wonder Jesus was so “rough” on those Jews of His day, who departed
from the pure word of God, into their own traditions. The Talmud and
Mishnah, when replacing the Torah in actuality, become suspect. Those who
follow that path, are encouraging one to walk even in the spirit of
Kabbalah. *

 *Dr. David Stern - himself from an Orthodox Jewish background, has written
a “Jewish Commentary on the NT”, which he also gave with his own
interpretation. In Hebrews 8:6, he by the help of the Holy Spirit and
study, discovered the following insight:*

*d. 8:6 SUPERIOR COVENANT PRODUCES A SUPERIOR MINISTRY*

*But now has he obtained a ministry the more superior,*

nun de di-a-pho-r*o*TEras [1313] TEtu-chen [5177] lei-tourGIas [3009],

*by so much as he is also mediator of a better covenant,*

HOs*o* kai KREITtoNOS [2909] es-tin di-aTH*E*k*e*s [1242] meSIt*e*s [3316],

*which has been enacted upon better promises.*

H*E*tis ePI KREITto-sin e-pag-geLIais [1860] ne-no-moTHEt*e*-tai [3549].

 *See the Greek word from which “enacted” is translated: *ne-no-moTHEs*e*-tai
- *which is the only time used in the NT. It could be freely translated -
“The NT has been constituted as Torah or law - upon these better promises
in Jesus (YeSHUa) in the New Covenant.” This makes the Greek New Testament
on the same level for all “Observant Jews” as the Old Covenant - the Torah,
the Hebrew OT. That is - now in NT times - no Jew can be truly
Observantunless he observes the NT on the same level as the Old! Which
means that
the Greek NT is not just a “form” - but in its latent written word (LOgos)
is just waiting for us to vocally meditate upon it, and then like in
Genesis 1 when the command is spoken, the Holy Spirit springs into action,
and transforms it into a living REma word - which is Christ Himself growing
in us like He did for Paul in Galatians 2:20. (The text above has been
taken from our “Outlined Interlinear NT” - now being printed.)*

 *So what am I saying? that 70 years ago this year, Dr. Ivan Panin
originally from Russia, completed what God allowed him to discover in 1890
- namely the Bible Numeric structure of the entire Bible, both Hebrew and
Greek. These are the only two languages in the world with no numerical
equivalent. We in English use for mathematics, Arabic numbers. Romans used
Roman numerals. Not so Hebrews and Greeks. Each letter from 4000 BC for
Hebrew had a numerical equivalent - so that aleph, beit, gimel, dalet
became 1, 2, 3, 4, and tov became 400. In Greek for 3000 years, alpha,
beta, gamma, delta became 1, 2, 3, 4, and O-MEga became 800. Jesus (IEsous)
in Greek becomes 888! The man of sin in Revelation 13 will be 666. *

 *Bible Numerics is not numerology linked with Kabbalah, but is simply
God's signature to prevent counterfeiting His Bible. All 66 books of the
Bible are undergirded with Bible Numerics. We don't need esoteric methods
of interpretation by “alphabetology” and numerology. Let's stick to the
simplicity of the known 33 Bible writers of these 66 books. It is so-called
“Classical Hebrew” that leads us from this simplicity. It is quite
impossible to have the pre-incarnate Christ fall upon the lintel and
doorposts of the Jewish houses in Egypt at the first Passover, and have his
head on the lintel - which like the lintel of our doorways - is over 6 feet
high! So the word equivalents of each Hebrew letter, cannot be forced to
fit this analogy.*

 *Throughout the church, there are now many, even in Messianic Jewish
Congregations - that indulge freely and strongly in this “Classical Hebrew”
method of “alphabetology” - which few laymen can follow or utilize, or
meditate upon. K.I.S.S. - Keep it Simple, Sweetie! Don't let us be led
astray from the simplicity of the Word - into esoteric Kabbalistic methods
of interpretation. Jesus condemned strongly those of His day who made
voidthe simple Word of God by traditions.
*

 *Watch for our completed “Outlined Interlinear NT” based on the 50-year
labors of Ivan Panin. Under a commission of God, I have spent over 60 years
putting his two Bible Numeric texts into an Interlinear format, - outlining
each sentence, sub-paragraph, paragraph, chapter equivalent, and gathering
them into a summarized title for each of the 27 NT books. God allowed Panin
to discover this outlining format also. It is a simple format. Panin
describes this in the Introduction to his Bible Numeric Greek NT. It is
easily usable by lay-folk or scholars. It leads richly into Bible
Meditation - and parallel with the Tabernacle pilgrimage of the 7 pieces of
furniture - right into the presence of God in the Holy of Holies - through
the riven veil!*

 *Get side-tracked in the maze and traditions warned about above - and you
will miss the simplicity of the ways of God! Jim Watt*