Acts 25-26 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:24:47 PST 2012

February 3, 2012

 *APR 22 - ACTS 25-26 - CHURCH GROWTH: WITNESS TO LEADERS*

 *1. 25:5 (25:1-5) PAUL HELD BY FESTUS. “Let them therefore, says he, that
are of power among you go down with me, and if anything is amiss in the
man, let them accuse him” (NNT). *How You can protect us Father, in times
of turmoil and danger, using even unbelievers to work Your purpose! We see
Your Sovereignty and Power here, and acknowledge Your right. *Hallowed be
your :name.*

 *2. 25:11 (25:6-12) PAUL: APPEALS TO CAESAR. “If therefore I am a
wrong-doer, and have done anything worthy of death, I refuse not to die;
but if none of those things is true of which these accuse me, no one can
give me to them as a favor. I appeal to Caesar.” *What a forthright and
honest testimony! Your servant Paul said, Follow *me* as I *follow* Christ.
We submit to this challenge and respond. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 25:19 (25:13-22) PAUL: HEARING DESIRED BY AGRIPPA. “But [Paul's
accusers] had certain questions against him of their own religion, and of
one Jesus, who was dead, whom :Paul affirmed to be alive.” *You use our
troubles Father, to open up opportunities for us to testify concerning
Jesus. How *wise* Your counsels. * Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on
earth.*

 *4. 25:27 (25:23-27) PAUL: PRESENTED TO AGRIPPA BY FESTUS. “For it seems
to me unreasonable, in sending a prisoner, not withal to signify the
charges against him.” *The politics of Festus have come home to roost, and
are now an embarrassment. Did Agrippa discern this? we are not told. *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 26:15-16 (26:1-23) PAUL'S DEFENSE BEFORE AGRIPPA. “And I said, Who are
you, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom you persecute. 16 But arise,
and stand upon your :feet: for to this end have I appeared unto you, to
appoint you minister and witness both of the things in which you have, and
of those in which I will appear to you.” *What an unusual vision! This
became an immediate point of conversion for Paul! *And forgive us our
:debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 26:27-28 (26:24-29) PAUL'S APPEAL TO AGRIPPA. “King Agrippa, do you
believe the prophets? I know that you believe. 28 And :Agrippa said unto
Paul, With but little you persuade to make a Christian of ME.” *This was a
powerful witness and confrontation. Almost, a king was converted! Yes
Father, we here see a salutary example of Your ability to fulfill the words
of Jesus to Paul! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 26:31b-32 (26:30-32) PAUL: PRONOUNCED NOT GUILTY. “ This man does
nothing worthy of death or of bonds. 32 And Agrippa said to :Festus, This
man could have been set at liberty, if he had not appealed to Caesar.” *Here
again Your Sovereign purposes take charge Father, and You overrule the
thoughts, plans, and devices of men. *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 26:17-18 (26:1-23) PAUL: HIS COMMISSION FROM JESUS. “[I will
appear to you] delivering you from the people, and from the nations, unto
whom I send you, **18 to open their eyes to turn them from darkness to
light and from the power of :Satan unto :God, that they may receive
remission of sins, and an inheritance among those sanctified by faith in
me.” *And this You did through Your Son, Father!

 This is the third time in Acts 26 that Paul gives his testimony. It is a
powerful challenge for hearers to hear a clear and forthright testimony.
Whenever the Holy Spirit prompts any of us to share how God brought us into
His Kingdom, we should be sensitive to obey. It may not be an Agrippa who
nearly *comes* to the Lord - but it may well be a loved one, a friend, or a
stranger. I have seen a number come to the Lord when I have obeyed His
promptings to share how He brought me into His Kingdom. Perhaps to my best
friend I shared such the first year of my conversion. He said, “If what you
say is true, a person would be a fool not to take advantage of such an
opportunity.” I agreed. And within two weeks he entered into this Gospel
opportunity!

 Shortly after my conversion and birth from above with God's incorruptible
Word - I was asked to name the 3 chapters in the book of Acts where Paul
gives his testimony. I was too new in the Lord to be able to do so - but I
swiftly memorized these 3 locations, plus his testimony in the book of
Galatians and Philippians.

 So - as Paul before King Agrippa faithfully gave his testimony of
conversion with a telling application! So you and I have the privilege to
join Paul in giving our testimony when opportunity presents itself, and the
Spirit confirms. *Let the Redeemed of the LORD say so*!

 And - our Psalm for the day: *112:5, 7 (112:1-10) THE RIGHTEOUS WILL NEVER
BE MOVED! “It is well with the man who deals generously and lends; who
conducts his affairs with justice. 7 He is not afraid of bad news; his
heart is firm, trusting in the LORD” (ESV). *O the deep, deep love of Jesus
Father, which is also Your love in Him! It expresses Your faithfulness to
Your saints, Your holy ones, those whom You have made living letters of
Your Covenant Love! *Hallowed be your :name!*