Solomon - #4 Principle to Return God's Glory

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 08:51:28 PST 2012

February 2, 2012

 *(Jim & Marie Watt – Beth Chesed, Tacoma*

*December 13, 2006)*

 *“THE RETURN OF GOD’S GLORY” – Bakht Singh*

*Solomon: The Fourth Divine Principle*

 Now let us consider Solomon illustrating the fourth Divine principle to
ensure God’s glory. “And the house when it was in building, was built of
stone made ready before it was brought thither: so that there was neither
hammer nor axe nor any tool of iron heard in the house while it was in
building.” 1 Kings 6:1.

This was a very unique building. There is no building in the world which
can be built without a sound; but there was no need for any sound at all in
this building, because every stone fitted in so beautifully according to
God’s plan.

When you follow God’s plan in your individual life, and family and church
life, you will find unity, co-operation, openness, fellowship, and
spiritual joy in living together. Otherwise there is strife. When we have
God’s plan, and we know our ministries, there will not be any jealousy.
Much work has suffered because of jealousy.

I remember in one place we were having a meeting. I found it very hard
going that day in the meeting. When I came back to my room, I asked the
Lord, “What is it that made it hard?” The Lord spoke to me and showed me
that it was my prayer-partner that was at fault. So I called him and said,
“Brother, tell me why was it so difficult today?” He said, “I am very sorry
to confess to you, but I felt very jealous of you while you were speaking.”

Even as God’s servants, we can be jealous of each other, and it brings
loss. There is no doubt about it; we may have to pray for a whole night or
longer to make sure of God’s mind. And then we find oneness.

 When the work of building was complete, we read in 2 Chronicles 7:1 that
there was great joy that day, because the glory of the Lord filled the
house! For 140 years God had waited. He loved His people, rebuked them, and
chastised them, till they came into His heavenly order, and then the glory
came down.

 In conclusion, let me bring these four things before you again. First, we
acknowledge that the glory is departed. We confess our barrenness, and our
fruitlessness – that we are not receiving God’s Word today, as we ought to
receive it. “Lord, make me like Hannah, that knowing Your need, I can learn
how to pray, and have the privilege of meeting that need – as Hannah did,
when she offered her son to the Lord.”

:”Lord, make me like Samuel – Your true mouthpiece, that I may know Your
message and have Your authority and boldness to give that message.”

“Lord, give us men like David; men after Your own heart, who will be
completely free from worldly wisdom; and who can receive Your pattern.”

In David we see God’s plan for the Church emerging, when God revealed to
him the heavenly plan for the temple. Before God could give David the plan,
He had to chastise him; He had to punish him, cleanse him, change him,
humble him, empty him completely of human wisdom. So in David we are made
Church conscious; in Solomon we are made God-conscious.

“Lord make me like Solomon – a man of peace – building God’s temple by
living stones fitly joined together by unity and openness.”

 Our Lord prays in John 17:21-24 for a four-fold oneness: “that they may be
one, as we are,” oneness in relationship; “that they may be made perfect in
one,” oneness in perfection, “that the love with which You have loved Me
may be in them,” oneness in love; “and the glory which You have given me I
have given them;” oneness in glory.

 It is only by such oneness that we can finally see God’s glory coming down.

 *NOTE:* Bakht Singh states that jealousy among fellow Christian workers
can arise when we are not clear concerning our position in the Body of
Christ.

Consider this: of all the multitude members in the human body, there is no
thought of jealousy. Each member became itself under the hand of God while
the embryo was but weeks old.

Differentiation took place according to the DNA structure in each cell. The
complete body requires EACH member performing in harmony to produce a
healthy body.

 In February of 1948 in Northern Canada, a prophetic word came forth in a
Bible College one morning during chapel. God revealed that what He had been
promising for the past 13 years, He was about to fulfill! He informed some
80 or so present that morning, that in a new way He was about to reveal to
each one their place in His spiritual body – the Church – where in the Body
God saw him placed – and how he was to function.

He said that He would reveal those who spiritually were ready and prepared
for this ministry. When called forth to be ministered to through the laying
on of hands and prophecy, God would fulfill His will and desire.

In much trepidation, several teaching elders approached the first candidate
as he knelt at a chair. Then the Spirit of God like a magnet caused their
hands to descend on his head. An anointing to prophesy God’s mind came. It
was revealed the type of missionary apostolic ministry God had designed for
him with his airplane – and how this would be enhanced by a powerful gift
of healing to confirm God’s purposes.

Following this “Presbytery” type of ministry, the leader being a practical
man, invited any sick that morning to come forward to be ministered to by
this candidate. Some 15 or so immediately received healing!

 All the above greatly concerned and disturbed the elders. Were they moving
into heresy? Did they have Scriptural warrancy in what they felt led to do?

All that night – like the Bereans of the book of Acts – they searched the
scriptures to see if the leading they followed was legitimate.

Among many Bible confirmations they found the account of Timothy. Paul
reminded him that according to the prophecies that came to him, he should
by them war the good warfare (1 Timothy 1:19). He also said, “Neglect not
the gift in you, which was given you through prophecy, with laying on of
the hands of the presbytery. Be diligent in these; give yourself wholly to
these; that your progress may be evident to all” (1 Timothy 14-15).

 Ponder these words. What Hannah, Samuel, David and Solomon performed to
see the Glory of God return to His Temple in that day – so God in 1948
started a restoration of the Presbytery and 5-fold Ministry concept to
start putting living stones into His Spiritual Body, the Church. For those
who by the above ministry learned their position in Christ’s Body, and
received an immediate anointing to start functioning in it – much occasion
for jealousy was counteracted.

 What came in embryonic form in 1948, is now starting to mature. Recently
in France the power and effectiveness of the Presbytery concept was
demonstrated. Before the return of Christ we should see this multiplied in
all nations and multiplied cities.

It is also well to note that the New Testament Presbytery functioned much
more widely that just ordaining a man like Timothy to join Paul’s apostolic
team. Later Timothy became the Apostolic pastor of the many congregations
for the city church of Ephesus, just as James the brother of Jesus
functioned in similar fashion in Jerusalem.

In Acts 13:1-3 we read of the functioning Presbytery of Antioch, and how
the first great missionary movement was launched under Barnabas and Saul.

In Acts 15 we see God using the Presbytery concept to successfully solve
the great Judaizing controversy that was playing havoc among the Gentile
churches Paul and Barnabas were founding.

In Israel of old, each town and city had an eldership (or Presbytery) in
the main gate of that city. There problems both spiritual, secular and
practical were solved. It was in Bethlehem that Boaz called together the
elders, and they were witnesses in solving that Ruth the Moabitess, the
ancestress of David and Jesus, should go to Boaz, not the nearer kinsman.

 Just as the glory of God returned to Israel through the Temple of Solomon
and his 3 predecessors – so the Glory of God shall return to the church
prior to the return of Jesus, God’s Son. The 12 Embryonic Revival
principles of 1948 are coming to maturity! As Communism received a terrific
set-back in 1991, so Islam will suffer God’s blow soon – and 10’s of
millions of Muslims will be set free to find the Living God!

 Submitted by Jim Watt