Deuteronomy 31-33 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 09:02:33 PST 2012

January 6, 2012

 *APR 8 - DEUTERONOMY 31-33 - REFORMS THROUGH SONG*

 *1. 31:6 (31:1-8) MOSES: HIS LAST COUNSELS. “Be strong and courageous. Do
not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with
you. He will not leave you or forsake you” (ESV). *This is Your word
Father, to Your people! We can apply it to us today, just as You gave it to
Israel in their day. It is a *Kingdom* principle, and ought to be heeded by
all Your people. *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 31:14a (31:9-15) MOSES: COMMANDS LAW TO BE READ. “And the LORD said to
Moses, 'Behold, the days approach when you must die. Call Joshua and
present yourselves in the tent of meeting, that I may commission him.” *Moses
tied the loose ends together according to Your commandment, Father. He was
dedicated to do Your will. We too would follow his example. *Your :kingdom
come!*

 *3. 31:23 (31:16-30) MOSES: PURPOSE OF HIS SONG. “And the LORD
commissioned Joshua the son of Nun and said, 'Be strong and courageous, for
you shall bring the people of Israel into the land that I swore to give
them. I will be with you.'” *You give us all good things that we need,
Father! You give us correction through song; a valiant leader; a witness
against rebellion. *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 32:30 (32:1-43) MOSES: HIS SONG. “How could one have chased a
thousand, and two have put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had
sold them, and the LORD had given them up?” *Ah, here is a sad commentary:
when we Your people forsake You Father, You turn us over to few enemies who
defeat us! *Yet*, the opposite is true also! O forgive us that we tempt
You, and cause You to bring judgment upon us! *Our :daily :bread Give us
this day!*

 *5. 32:46b-47 (32:44-47) MOSES: CHARGES ISRAEL. “Take to heart all the
words by which I am warning you today, that you may command them to your
children, that they may be careful to do all the words of this law. 47 For
it is no empty word for you, but your very life, and by this word you shall
live long in the land that you are going over the Jordan to possess.” **Our
wisdom* is to hear and *do* Your words, Father. What blessings for us if we
continually walk this way! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have
forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 32:49-50a (32:48-52) MOSES PREPARES FOR DEATH. “Go up to this mountain
of the Abarim, Mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, opposite Jericho,
and view the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the people of Israel for
a possession. 50a And die on the mountain which you go up, and be gathered
to your people.” *Did death mean defeat for Moses? No sir! He served You
Father, in his generation, and was faithful over all his house (Hebrews
3:5). May we all be as faithful to You as Moses! *And bring us not into
temptation!*

 *7. 33:8 (33:1-29) MOSES: BLESSING OF THE TRIBES. “Give to Levi your
Thummim, and your Urim to your godly one, whom you tested at Massah, with
whom you quarreled at the waters of Meribah.” *Levi through Phinehas
(Number 25:10-13) sanctified Your Name Father, and became the binding tribe
for all of Israel. This was well pleasing in Your sight, and demonstrated
that *Yours* is the Kingdom, and the Power and the Glory forever. Amen. *But
deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 33:27 (33:1-29) MOSES: A WORD EXALTING THE LORD. “The eternal God
is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms. And he
thrust out the enemy before you and said, Destroy.” *This Father, was Your
promise for Israel, and has application for us the Church. We accept Your
promise!

 So *much* in the above passage! A thought on Moses - Because he did not
sanctify the Name of Jehovah before Israel by striking the rock in anger
for water the second time - instead of speaking to it - therefore he and
Aaron lost the privilege of entering the Promised Land! Instead, Joshua
took Moses' place - conquered the 7 nations of Canaan, and divided their
land for the remaining 9 ½ tribes of Israel. Yet - God the merciful - sent
Moses with Elijah some 1400 years later to prepare His only begotten Son
for His coming Passion! Would Moses have appreciated this gesture? I am
sure he did!

 Notice that of the 12 sons of Jacob - Levi and Joseph received the longest
prophecies by Moses. In Genesis 49, Jacob gave Judah and Joseph the longest
prophecies. For further insights on these 12 sons who became the 12 tribes
of Israel, read Genesis 29 and 30. Here the meaning of their names is
brought forth. In Exodus 28 the 12 tribes according to their number in
Number 2 - are linked with the 12 stones upon the Breastplate of Aaron the
high priest, according to *that* order, not the order of birth.

 For further insights on the significance of the 12 tribes of Israel, see
our Website (*www.2rbetter.org**); *and click on “Embryonics”. Here there
are two articles on each of the 12 tribes. Here the 12 tribes are listed in
order of their birth, (including Ephraim and Manasseh under Joseph). The 12
tribes are linked first with the 12 Embryonic Revival Principles that came
together at North Battleford, Saskatchewan in 1948. There is also a linkage
with the 12 major world cultural groups: they are found in the 5 major
continents; four key nations; and 3 cultural groups.

 Also, under “Interlinear” - the entire “Outlined Interlinear NT” based on
the Bible Numeric discovery of Ivan Panin can be found. The OT book order
is as the Hebrews still use it. The NT book order is almost the same as
used by Westcott and Hort.

 However - this has not been thoroughly proof-read - so many typo-errors
are present. Also, in the Printed Copy soon to appear, we have reversed the
order of the English and transliterated Greek texts. The format also will
be changed from 8 ½ by 11 - to 6x9.

 And now - our Psalm for the day: *98:4 (1-9) MAKE A JOYFUL NOISE TO THE
LORD. “Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth; break forth into
joyous song and sing praises!” *Father, it is with *joyful* hearts that we
pick up this exhortation, and praise You, as You *ought* to be praised.
With heart, soul, mind and strength we love and praise You. *Hallowed be
your :name!*