Deuteronomy 5-11 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 09:07:56 PST 2012

January 2, 2012

*APR 4 - Deuteronomy 5-11 - EXPERIENCE AND OBEDIENCE*

 *1. 5:9-10 (5) REPETITION OF DECALOGUE. “You shall not bow down to them or
serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity
of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those
who hate me, 10 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love
me and keep my commandments” (ESV). *Your Kingdom Father, is to honor *You
alone*! *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 6:4-5 (6) THE “SHEMAH”: FOR CHILD EDUCATION. “Hear, O Israel: The LORD
our God, the LORD is one. 5 You shall love the LORD your God with all your
heart and with all your soul and with all your might.” *This is the heart
of Your will, O Father! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 7:15 (7) DEALING WITH THE HEATHEN. “And the LORD will take away from
you all sickness, and none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which you knew,
will he inflict on you, but he will lay them on all who hate you.” *Healing
comes when we drive out the Canaanites. Deal with the seven deadly sins in
your life (2 Corinthians 7:1); and then healing comes! Father, we thank You
for Your faithfulness in this! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on
earth!*

 *4. 8:18 (8) WARNING CONCERNING GOD'S CHOICE. “You shall remember the LORD
your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may
confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.” *There
is a blessing in walking with You, Father; but the converse is true also. O
forgive us that we forget You so easily, and turn to our own ways! *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day!*

 *5. 9:26 (9) INTERCESSION FOR REBELLION. “And I prayed to the LORD, 'O
Lord GOD, do not destroy your people and your heritage, whom you have
redeemed through your greatness, whom you have brought out of Egypt with a
mighty hand.” *Thank You Father, for Moses Your Intercessor. How we need to
understand this ministry of spiritual warfare more effectively. *And
forgive us our :debts, As we have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 10:12-13 (10) A PENETRATING CHARGE! “And now, Israel, what does the
LORD your God require of you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all
his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and
with all your soul, 13 and to keep the commandments and statutes of the
LORD, which I am commanding you today for your good?” *Father, as we so
walk in Your word, You will deliver us from the evil one. *And bring us not
into temptation!*

 *7. 11:12 (11) THE LAND: BLESSING AND CURSE. “A land that the LORD your
God cares for. The eyes of the LORD your God are always upon it, from the
beginning of the year to the end of the year.” *Your land will vomit a
rebellious people out of it, Father. How sober the thought! But to walk
with You is to understand that Yours is the Kingdom, and the Power and the
Glory forever! *But deliver us from the evil one!*
 NOTE: 6:6-7 (6) GOD'S WORD: FOR OUR CHILDREN! “And these words that I
command you today shall be on your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently
to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and
when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.” Write
these words on our heart, Father.

 This portion of Scripture was given to Israel by God through Moses. The 5
books of Moses contain types and shadows - that the early church apostles
wisely and effectively applied to the church, especially the apostle Paul.
What Moses was to Israel, Jesus through Paul was to the church. God gave
him an insight on the OT “Mysteries” - at the time he spent 3 years with
the Lord in the desert of Arabia, where Mount Sinai was situated according
to the Book of Galatians. This Book - plus Acts 15 - delivers Gentiles from
the legalism of the OT law for Israel. We are part of the “One New Man” -
the *Key* Mystery God gave to Paul to explain.

 The Old Testament is by the *New* explained. George Muller saw this most
clearly.

 Then look again at Deuteronomy 11:12. From the *beginning of the
year*(January 1, 2012) to the end of the year - December 31, 2012) -
the eyes of
the LORD are upon the land of Israel for His Chosen People.

 But what is the equivalent of the land for New Testament saints - of the
“One New Man” - Jew and Gentile alike?

*Our body* is the Temple of the Holy Spirit, both individually and
corporately. We in our bodies are the land of the LORD. God is the Father
of the *spirits* of all men. Our spirit with our redeemed soul and renewed
mind - with God - lives in these human bodies - awaiting our resurrected
and glorified bodies at the Coming of the Lord and the First Resurrection!

 And now - our Psalm for the day: *94:18-19 (94:1-23) “THE LORD WILL NOT
FORSAKE HIS PEOPLE. When I thought, 'My foot slips,' your steadfast love
(CHEsed), O LORD*, *held me up. **19** When the cares of my heart are many,
your consolations cheer my soul.” *O Father, how marvelous are Your ways
unto Your children. Your rain falls on all men! *Hallowed be your :name!*