Numbers 10-14

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:41:20 PDT 2011

October 27, 2011

 *MAR 15 - NUMBERS 10-14 - THE JOURNEYING*

 *1. 10:9 (10:1-10) TRUMPETS AND FEASTS. “And when you go to war in your
land against the adversary who oppresses you, then you shall sound an alarm
with the trumpets, that you may be remembered before the LORD your God, and
you shall be saved from your enemies” (ESV). * Father, we lift up our voice
like trumpets against the enemy! And You will remember and save us! We use
the Keys of the Kingdom! * Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 10:35-36 (10:11-36) ORDER OF THE MARCH. And whenever the ark set out,
Moses said, “Arise, O LORD, and let your enemies be scattered, and let those
who hate you flee before you.” 36 And when it rested, he said, “Return, O
LORD, to the ten thousand thousands of Israel.” *Father, we submit to Your
ways of moving. *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 11:1 (11:1-15) MURMURING AND JUDGMENT. “And the people complained in
the hearing of the LORD about their misfortunes, and when the LORD heard it,
his anger was kindled, and the fire of the LORD burned among them and
consumed some outlying parts of the camp.” *O the curse of murmuring and
complaining! Father, deliver us from this sin of the tongue! *Your :will be
done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 11:25 (11:16-35) THE SEVENTY AND PROPHECY. “Then the LORD came down in
the cloud and spoke to him, and took some of the Spirit that was on him and
put it on the seventy elders. And as soon as the Spirit rested on them, they
prophesied. But they did not continue doing it.” *O forgive us Father, for
limiting You, the Holy One of Israel! Whatever you promise, Yours is the
Power to bring it to pass! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 12:6-8a (12) REBELLION OF AARON AND MIRIAM. And he said, “Hear my
words: If there is a prophet among you, I the LORD make myself known to him
in a vision; I speak with him in a dream. 7 Not so with my servant Moses. He
is faithful in all my house. 8a With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly,
and not in riddles, and he beholds the form of the LORD.” *O preserve us
Father, from failing to see You in Your chosen servants! *And forgive us our
:debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 13:1-2 (13) THE TWELVE SPIES. The LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Send
men to spy out the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the people of
Israel. From each tribe of their fathers you shall send a man, every one a
chief among them.” *What an evil report the 10 spies brought concerning the
Promised Land, Father! If only Israel had listened to Joshua and Caleb! *And
bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 14:34 (14) MURMURING AND JUDGMENT. “According to the number of the days
in which you spied out the land, forty days, a year for each day, you shall
bear your iniquity forty years, and you shall know my displeasure.” *This is
judgment indeed! Teach us Your fear O LORD. Let us know intuitively how to
please You! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 14:18 (14) THE BALANCE OF THE LORD. “The LORD is slow to anger and
abounding in steadfast love (CHEsed), forgiving iniquity and and
transgression, but he will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the
iniquity of the fathers on the children, to the third and the fourth
generation.” *Thank You Father, that You are a merciful and forgiving God.
May we ever cling to You according to Your attributes!

 This passage is rich in truths, principles and examples - that are
transferable for NT saints! *We* are to use our *voice* as trumpets! What
Israel did in type - the church is to do in Reality!

 But murmuring - whether in OT or NT - is equally reprehensible! It is to be
condemned! We need to learn the blessing of being *positive* according to
the Word of God! The 8 NT writers accurately and helpfully show us how to
use the OT as Types and Shadows - as parables as it were - to understand NT
truth. The NT is in the Old contained; *the OT is by the New explained*!
Blessed the person and church who understands and practices this blessed
truth!

 Is it possible to see the sin of Aaron and Miriam duplicated in this church
age? Indeed, yes! Lesser leaders today are *still* jealous of God's choice
of putting greater leaders like Moses over them. Note that lesser leaders
depend on dreams and visions to understand the ways of the Lord. Higher
leaders receive insights Spirit to spirit by the word (R*E*ma) of the Lord.
My 3 main mentors: George Muller, Rees Howells and Oswald Chambers - are of
this “Moses type”.

 The historical example of the 12 spies: 2 good and 10 evil - still has
application for us today. See how Caleb was blessed to follow the successful
conquest of Canaan-land under Joshua. He received at the age of 85 the
mountain at Hebron - and successfully defeated and drove out the 3 giants.
Canaan-land is modern Palestine. It is *God's* land, and He gave it to
Israel, *not* to Yasser Arafat. A sad day for the latter and his people
rapidly approaches, when God will exact judgment upon *all* nations who
would lightly hold His people Israel, and His land that He gave to them!

 Much more in this passage, but this is sufficient.

 And now - our Psalm for the day - *75:9-10 (75:1-10) GOD WILL JUDGE WITH
EQUITY! “But I will declare it forever; I will sing praises to the God of
Jacob. 10 All the horns of the wicked I will cut off, but the horns of the
righteous shall be lifted up.” *Father, how righteous, just and merciful You
are in all Your ways! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/ *