Numbers 5-9

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 13:28:12 PDT 2011

October 26, 2011

 *MAR 14 - NUMBERS 5-9 - THE INSTRUCTION*

 *1. 5:1-2 (5) RELIGIOUS AND SOCIAL LAWS. The LORD spoke to Moses,
saying, 2“Command the people of Israel that they put out of the camp
everyone who is
leprous or has a discharge and everyone who is unclean through contact with
the dead” (ESV). *Obedience in separation: this is a mark of Your people,
Father. We are not to touch the unclean thing, as we walk in Your Word by
the power of Your Spirit. *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 6:21 (6:1-21) VOLUNTARY NAZIRITE LAWS. “This is the law of the
Nazirite. But if he vows an offering to the LORD above his Nazirite vow, as
he can afford, in exact accordance with the vow that he takes, then he shall
do in addition to the law of the Nazirite.” **Holiness* is first *separation
* from, as seen in this example. Then it is separation *to* God, where His
Holy Spirit imparts unto us the life of the Holy Christ living His life
through us. Father, we cleave to Christ our Holiness! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 6:24-26 (6:22-27) PRIESTLY BENEDICTION. “The LORD bless you and keep
you; 25 the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to
you; 26the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.”
*This puts Your Name Father, upon Israel with Your blessing. You do the same
for us in Jesus!* Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 7:89 (7) DEDICATION OF THE ALTAR. “And when Moses went into the tent of
meeting to speak with the LORD, he heard the voice speaking to him from
above the mercy seat that was on the ark of the testimony, from between the
two cherubim; and it spoke to him.” *This is a most impressive 12-fold
offering for this dedication. O forgive us Father, that we so often fail to
see Calvary as our altar, and fail to offer suitable praise to You for what
Christ died there for us in His Atonement. *Our :daily :bread Give us this
day!*

 *5. 8:21 (8) PRIESTLY SERVICE. “And the Levites purified themselves from
sin and washed their clothes, and Aaron offered them as a wave offering
before the LORD, and Aaron made atonement for them to cleanse them.” *May we
always Father, be careful to accept the leadership You give, that we
transgress not. And keep us back from presumptuous sin. *And forgive us our
:debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 9:5 (9:1-14) SECOND PASSOVER. “And they kept the Passover in the first
month, on the fourteenth day of the month, at twilight, in the wilderness of
Sinai; according to all that the LORD commanded Moses, so the people of
Israel did.” *There is a proper way to observe the Passover. There is a
proper way to observe the Lord's Supper, the Eucharist. We would walk
carefully in Your ways, Father. *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 9:23 (9:15-23) GUIDANCE OF THE CLOUD. “At the command of the LORD they
camped, and at the command of the LORD they set out. They kept the charge of
the LORD, at the command of the LORD by Moses.” *We marvel at the wonder of
Your order Father, and submit to it. *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 6:27 (6:22-27) THE PLACING OF THE NAME. “So shall they put my name
upon the people of Israel, and I will bless them.” *The 5-fold ministry has
a duty to bless Your Church Father, that is parallel to what the priests did
for Israel.

 All liturgical Old Testament worship has a parallel for New Testament
saints. We do not offer the 5-fold sacrificial offerings of Leviticus - but
instead our part is to offer the *praise* of the *calves* of our lips!

 All OT instructions fit this pattern! Look on each instruction as a parable
as it were - that has a reality to be achieved by us. Don't seek to go back
to OT Types and Shadows - rather seek to discover and walk in NT
equivalents. Stay free from OT bondage and legalism.

 May God bless us as we seek to understand these relations, and cease to be
caught up by those who would legalize us.

 And - our Psalm for the Day! *74:2 (74:1-23) ARISE, O GOD, DEFEND YOUR
CAUSE! “Remember your congregation, which you have purchased of old, which
you have redeemed to be the tribe of your heritage! Remember Mount Zion,
where you have dwelt.” *What a Psalm of intercession for Your people,
Father! Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth here is speaking. This
is a true watchman speaking. This is one of Your remembrancers. He is
praying a prayer in season. J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/ *