Luke 22:1-23:56a

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 12:22:38 PDT 2011

October 20, 2011

 *MAR 11 - LUKE 22:1-23:56a - FRIDAY: TRIAL & CRUCIFIXION*

 *1. 22:3-4 (22:1-6) JESUS: HIS BETRAYAL PLANNED. “And Satan entered into
Judas, the one called Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve. 4 And he
went away, and conversed with the chief priests and captains, :how he might
deliver him to them.” *Satan was created by You Father, as Your servant! You
created the waster to destroy! But as in the days of Job, *he can go no
further* than You permit, yet *always* furthers Your purposes (Romans 8:28)!
*Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 22:20 (22:7-38) JESUS: HIS LAST SUPPER. “And the cup in like manner
after :supper, saying, This :cup is the new covenant in my :blood, :shed for
you.” *Atonement of Jesus cannot be understood in fullness apart form *
Passover* and its fulfillment in Jesus in the Lord's supper. Father, we
bless you for *Jesus our Passover* (1 Corinthians 5:7). We identify with Him
completely (Romans 5:5-7). *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 22:41-42 (22:39-53) JESUS: AGONY AND BETRAYAL. “'And HE was parted from
them about a stone's throw; and he knelt and prayed, 42 saying, Father, if
you will, remove this :cup from me: nevertheless not my :will, but :yours,
be done.” *Father, our heart is broken when we see what Jesus had to endure
to effect reconciliation between us and You. We are humbled and
chastened. *Your
:will be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 22:61-62 (22:54-65) JESUS: DENIED BY PETER. “And the Lord turned, and
looked upon :Peter. And :Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how that he
said to him [that], Before the cock crow this day you shall deny me thrice.
62 And going [out] outside he wept bitterly.” *Peter presumptuously thought
he could stand, apart from watching and praying. O forgive us Father, for *
our* presumption! *Only** *in the *exchanged life* can we stand (Galatians
2:20). *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 23:22-23 (22:66-23:25) JESUS: DELIVERED TO PILATE. “And he said unto
them a third time,
Why, what evil has this man done? I have found no cause of death in him: I
will therefore chastise and release him. 23 But they were urgent with loud
voices, asking that he be crucified. And their :voices prevailed.” *What a
miscarriage of justice! But we too reject Your Son Jesus, Father, when we
have areas of our life we refuse Him the right to reign over! O be with us
in our temptation of judging others in the very area that we also
transgress! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our
:debtors.*

 *6. 23:34 (23:26-49) JESUS: HIS CRUCIFIXION. “And Jesus said, Father,
forgive them; for they know not what they do. And parting his :garments
among them, they cast a lot.” *Father, we thank You for this request of
Jesus, for we sense that we too are included. Show us by Your Spirit that no
good thing dwells in our flesh. We need this spirit of humility on our part!
*And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 23:55-56a (23:50-56a) JESUS: HIS BURIAL. “And the women, who had come
with him out of :Galilee, followed after and beheld the tomb, and how his
:body was laid. 56a And they returned, and prepared spices and
ointments.” *Thank
God this was *not* the end! Father, You raised Your Son Jesus on the third
day! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 22:28-30 (22:7-38) JESUS: FORETELLS HIS KINGDOM! “But YOU are they
that have continued with me in my :trials; **29 and I appoint unto you, even
as my :father appointed unto me, a kingdom, 30 that you may eat and drink at
my :table in my :kingdom and shall sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes
of :Israel.” *Israel will be grafted back (Romans 11:13-36). Could the 24
elders of Revelation be here?

 What does the Spirit share with us as we read the above passage? Is it
about Judas, and the prophetic part of the Psalms that foretell what this
man did? And the judgment pronounced upon him?

 Or does He make more real to us what our Savior went through in
accomplishing plenteous redemption for us? And how Mel Gibson majored on His
physical suffering, but missed the horrendous soul travail through which He
endured unto death?

 And what of Pilate - who *three times* testified that he found *no evil* in
this Man? And the horrendous miscarriage of justice that took place on the
part of the Jewish leaders - the Jewish people - and the Roman governor?

 Oswald Chambers exhorts us to enter into travail and agony of soul on Jesus
behalf. Some are offended at such exhortation. But true repentance enables
us to more fully understand the extraordinary cost Jesus endured to
accomplish Reconciliation through Redemption for us of Adam's race.

 We honor our Father for us to understand a little more the cost of this by
His Son. God *does* want us to understand that Jesus appreciated those who
continued with Him in His temptation! He indeed wanted His 3 close disciples
to watch with Him for that last hour in the Garden of Gethsemane.

 And now our Psalm for the day - *71:16-17 (71:1-24) FORSAKE ME NOT WHEN MY
STRENGTH IS SPENT. “With the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD I will come; I
will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone. 17 O God, from my youth
you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds.” *This is the
way Your Son Jesus walked toward Calvary, Father! You *delivered* Him from *
all* His enemies. Satan became a squatter indeed after this hour! *It was
finished*!         J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/ *