Luke 17:11-19:48

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 11:08:39 PDT 2011

October 18, 2011

 *MAR 9 - LUKE 17:11-19:48 - SUNDAY: TRIUMPHAL ENTRY*

 *1. 17:17-19 (17:11-19) JESUS: TEACHES THANKSGIVING. “And :Jesus answered,
and said, Were not the ten cleansed? but where are the nine? 18 Were none
found that returned to give glory to :God, save this alien? 19 And he said
to him, Arise and go: your :faith has made you whole.” *Faith is the key to
release the healing power of God. Thanksgiving for what You do for us
gladdens Your heart, Father! O let us always have grateful hearts! *Hallowed
be your :name!*

 *2. 17:20-21 (17:20-37) JESUS' INWARD NATURE OF KINGDOM. “And asked by the
Pharisees, when the kingdom of :God comes, he answered them and said, The
kingdom of :God comes not with observation: 21 neither shall they say, Lo,
here! or, There! for lo, the kingdom of :God is among you.” *There is a *now
* Kingdom of manifesting Your Son through us, Father! At His Coming it will
be manifested openly in all the earth! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 18:6-8a (18:1-14) JESUS: NATURE OF PRAYER. “And the Lord said, Hear
what the judge of :unrighteousness said. 7 And shall not :God avenge his
:elect, that cry to him day and night, and he long suffering over them? 8a I
say unto you, that he will avenge them speedily.” *Importunity is shameless
faith! As little children Father, we shamelessly come and call on You! *Your
:will be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 18:29-30 (18:15-34) JESUS: ENTERING THE KINGDOM. “And he [Jesus] said
to them, Amen I say unto you that there is none that has left house, or
wife, or brethren, or parents, or children, for the kingdom of :God's sake,
30 who shall not receive manifold more in this :season, and the age to :come
eternal life.” *Father, we would deny ourselves and take up our cross daily,
that Christ might reign *supremely* in us today! Forgive us, Sovereign Lord,
that we so often hold back some part of ourselves from You! *Our :daily
:bread Give us this day!*

 *5. 18:42-43 (18:35-43) JESUS: RELATION OF FAITH AND HEALING. “And :Jesus
said to him, Look up: your :faith has made you whole. 43 And immediately he
looked up, and followed him, glorifying :God: and all the people
seeing itgave praise to :God.”
*The “obedience of faith” is the Key to release Your healing through Jesus,
Father! *And forgive us our :debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 19:9-10 (19:1-10) JESUS: TEACHES THROUGH ZACHAEUS. “And :Jesus said
unto him [that], today is salvation come to this :house, inasmuch as he also
is Abraham's son. 10 For the Son of :man came to seek and to save what is
lost.” *Not the self-righteous, but the *lost*, You seek O Father. You also
seek worshipers. For Your sake, we seek what *You* seek! *And bring us not
into temptation.*

 *7. 19:26 (19:11-28) JESUS: DELAY OF THE KINGDOM. “I say unto you, that to
every one that has shall be given, but from him that has not, even what he
has shall be taken away.” *We see the long time lapse Father, between Your
invisible Kingdom *now* within us, and its open manifestation at Christ's
coming. Both aspects are important. *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 19:39b-40 (19:29-48) JESUS: TRIUMPHAL ENTRY. “Teacher, rebuke your
:disciples. **40 And he answered and said, I tell you if these shall be
silent, the stones will cry out.” *Jesus wept over the unbelieving city,
Father. Give us tears for *our* cities, and prayers for *Your* city
churches, that they be *salt* and *light*.

 The Scriptures are *so rich*, and have *so many nuggets*, that it is
difficult at times to fix on what to emphathize! Just look at the above
selected portions. Each one could receive complete emphasis.

 But the last week of Jesus on earth in His humanity commences with this day
- Palm Sunday. Between one fifth and one third of the 4 Gospels major on
this last week of Jesus - starting with this day. By quantity of space, God
shows us what is important in *His* sight! He and the Eternal Word, Jesus in
His pre-incarnate state - planned His coming to earth in human form to
redeem Adam's lost race through his sin of disobedience. He allowed Satan to
give him that subversive nature - that has infected every member of the
human race ever since.

 *But* - as by *one man* sin entered the world - by *one man*, the *second
Adam*, at Calvary, the penalty of the first disobedience was paid for. - *“It
is finished!”* Satan's stratagem has been broken over the human race. All
who believe and receive Jesus as their Atonement, also receive a *new
heritage*, the nature of the Son of God - the Holy Spirit - and though
redemption is not complete till the resurrection at Christ's return -
*yet*- the “arB
*O*na” the “d*o*-reA” - the third part of the “Peter Package” (Acts 2:38) -
allows us to be “overcomers” *now*, even though *not yet* sinlessly perfect.

 And the last week of this mighty victory of our Christ - commences with
this day! Palm Sunday. And we must *not forget* that like Jeremiah was
chosen for this prior to his conception (Jeremiah 1:5), and before the
apostle Paul was separated from his mother's womb (Galatians 1:15-16) - so
the Lord *called* him - and just so - because God is no respecter of persons
- from eternity past He has foreknown each one of us - who He has
effectively called into His Kingdom!

 George Muller of the Bristol Orphanage of England - at first called this a
devilish doctrine. Then being challenged to see what *God* said concerning
it - verse by verse and word by word he searched out this doctrine in the
New Testament. To his great surprise and chagrin, for every 5 verses on this
subject, 4 out of the 5 clearly confirmed for each of us what also happened
to Jeremiah and Paul! And once Mr. Muller was convinced of God's thinking on
this, he learned that with study and meditation, the other one out of five
really said the same thing.

 George Muller was proficient in Greek and Hebrew, as well as German, and
French. The last 10 years of his life he read the Bible on his knees 4 to 5
times a year! He has had 50,000 distinct answers to prayer to meet the needs
of 10,000 orphans, plus 180 missionaries a year, plus some 4 other
challenging projects - totaling over $8 million - all before 1900! On the
teaching of the Second Coming of Christ as the Blessed Hope - he *also* was
forced to change his mind in the light of careful and prayerful Bible study
and meditation. His book “Answers to Prayer” - a Moody Colportage edition,
was placed in my hands in 1944 - the year God revealed Himself to me. I have
made Mr. Muller one of my chief 3 mentors. All 3 put God and His Word
supreme in their lives. I do too. I encourage each of you as readers - let
God and His Word be the touchstone in solving *all* problems and
controversies. It is interesting to note that George Muller in the 1800's
held exactly the same view on “Torah Observance” as I sent out yesterday.

 Our Psalm for the day - 69:8-9 (69:1-36) *JESUS: ASSUMED THE REPROACHES OF
HIS FATHER! “I have become a stranger to my brothers, an alien to my
mother's sons. 9 For zeal of your house has consumed me, and the reproaches
of those who reproach you have fallen on me.” *Father, Your Son our Lord
Jesus, perfectly identified Himself with You and with us. We marvel at His
humility and condescension! J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/ *