Jesus of Israel

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 11:40:27 PDT 2011

October 1, 2011

 *JESUS OF ISRAEL - 2011-08-29*

*Dr. Theo Ben-Abraham Smilovici, Executive Director*

*PO Box 23446 - Charlotte, North Carolina 2822-0277 *

*Tel/Fax: 704-545-5008 - Email: Joi1ben at aol.com - <www.jesusofisrael.org> *

 Beloved Prayer Partners,

 I returned from the Mission Field in Romania and Israel about a month ago,
after spending 9 weeks with our workers on the field. It was great to be
able to be with them after more than a year of absence. It was the first
time in the history of 20 years of “Jesus of Israel” Ministry that I was not
able to travel overseas for such a long time. I hope I have recovered well
enough to be able to travel again. By the end of my ministry there after
about 9 weeks, I started having some pain in the abdominal area. All of
these have ended now. Those were 9 weeks of summer without air-conditioning,
with temperatures most of the times over 100 degrees F, but by His Grace I
survived it.

 Biblically speaking, by the time you receive this letter we will be in the
month of ELUL. When we look in the Scriptures this seems to be a month
without much importance. Still this is a month of preparation for the days
to come. It is a month of Repentance, before the month of TISHRI the month
of the fall feasts, (the Feast of Trumpets, the Feast of the day of
Atonement, and the Feast of the Tabernacles). By the way, Repentance and
Acknowledgment of our sins, is exactly what the LORD is looking for, that we
may receive HIS Grace of Propitiation for Salvation.

 It was by the end of June this year when the Jewish people of the city of
Iasi (North East of Romania) remembered 70 years since one of the greatest
massacres that ever happened on Romanian land, when in a few days over
14,000 (fourteen thousand) Jewish people were killed, just because they were
Jewish. At this Anniversary came people from all over the world, many Jewish
people, especially from Israel, but also from USA, Germany, etc. It was a
chance of a life time for the Evangelicals to be a true witness to the
Jewish people and they were indeed!

 SONday June the 26th I had the chance to speak in one of the Evangelical
Churches of Iasi. The Church Body was ready for repentance of the sins of
their fathers and forefathers. As I was preparing to preach, in the
auditorium entered a tall elderly Jewish man, who was looking to meet with
me and a group of people I was with. The 88 year old man was one of only
four survivors who are still alive from that massacre. As I was preaching I
asked him to come to the platform where the pulpit was, and then I told the
body of believers: *“Now is the time to Repent, to ask forgiveness for the
sins of our fathers or forefathers”*, and to Mr. Finkelstein's surprise, as
much as mine, one by one each and every member of that church (about 300 of
them) came down, asking forgiveness and embracing Mr. Finkelstein. *For the
old Jewish man this meant much more than any one of us can imagine**.* That
SONday night all Jewish people from the Jewish Community Center heard what
happened in the Filocalia Church from Iasi. Most of them couldn't believe
that something like that really happened. It was then that Mr. Finkelstein
pointed to me and told them: “That Israeli Doctor was the speaker in the
Church this SONday morning.”

 In the following days, as the ceremonies took place in different parts of
that county, we traveled to those mass graves where Jewish people were
buried, two or three thousand in each of them. Again the Evangelicals had a
chance to witness to their Jewish friends *and they did so again,* when
hundreds of them took part in the march and the ceremonies. Most of them
having a Star of David on their chest, in which was written the words: “We
love the Jewish people”. It was a great surprise for most of the Jewish
people that for the ceremonies, and I may say that was a great beginning of
repentance for their nation what those evangelicals from Iasi have done.

 *Now it is our time to stand for Israel.* Soon at the Untied Nations they
will ask for the vote for a new Palestinian State in Judea, Samaria and
Gaza. That land belongs to the people of Israel, by God's design. Please let
your voices be known, let your Congressmen or Senators, or even the
President know what side are you for. It is the first time I take sides, and
this is just because I am on God's side. I know the Palestinian people need
a land, but if they don't want to live in Israel side by side with the
Jewish people, there is enough Arab land all around. It is interesting that
land of Israel is probably less than 1% of all Arab land all around, but
they want that 1% of land not to belong to the Jewish people. This is the
Devilish fight from the beginning, when the Evil One is fighting against
God's plan of Salvation for all mankind. Israel needs your prayers. Israel
needs your support, and Missions working to bring the Good News to Israel
needs you now more than ever, and when I say that, I do not mean “Jesus of
Israel” only. I mean the Jewish people need to hear about the Jewish
Saviour, Yeshua, Jesus the Messiah. We do need your help. August 2011 was
the worst financial month in the history of our ministry. We have received
approximately only 25% of the monthly income we need to be able to do the
job.

 To all of you that have supported “Jesus of Israel” ministry during these
summer months (time that I was not able to write to you), I do not know how
to thank you enough. May the Lord Richly Bless You and yours, and what you
have given, may He, the Great Giver, give you hundred times fold back. We
need you and we need your prayers and your financial support.

 Another great request, *please pray for my elderly mother* too. She is 86
years old and lately she cannot eat, but drink only. She is very sick; she
barely sees and in the last few years suffers from Alzheimer disease. Still
she is very quiet and extremely good. Pray that if now is the time for her
to pass, to be with the Lord, that this will be easier on her and without
any other complications. Pray for my youngest brother from Jerusalem who is
coming to be with our mother. Thanks for your understanding and your
prayers.

 With all my love, in the One that gave us the real love, Yeshua Jesus, our
Messiah,

 Theo Ben-Abraham Smilovici

 *NOTE**:* Marie and I met Dr. Theo Ben Abraham Smilovici and his wife Nora
in1998 when we started leading Congregation Beth Chesed of Tacoma. Dr. Ben
was so impressed at how Marie led the prayer time for Israel, that later
that year when he started a new Messianic Jewish Congregation in Bucharest,
Romania, he named it after us - Congregation Beth Chesed! Next year he had
me come with him to Romania to minister in our daughter congregation!

 Dr. Ben was a medical doctor in Bucharest, but God called him to graduate
from a Baptist Seminary in Portland, Oregon. He afterwards started some 7 or
more Messianic Jewish Congregations in different parts of the world. He
previously served in the Israel Defense Force (IDF), and is fluent in some 7
languages.

 We felt that if we shared his letter with you, it would not only raise
prayer support, but even a nudge from the Lord might lead some of you to aid
also in practical ways.

 Our congregation sent to the Bucharest congregation our Torah scroll and
its containing “ark”.

 Bless you for whatever God leads you to do - Jim & Marie Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/ *