Leviticus 23-27

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 11:10:30 PDT 2011

September 7, 2011

 *FEB 27 - LEVITICUS 23-27 - REGULATIONS FOR FEASTS AND CANAAN*

 *1. 23:1-2 (23) FEASTS OF THE LORD. The LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
2“Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, These are the
appointed
feasts of the LORD that you shall proclaim as holy convocations; they are my
appointed feasts.” *We honor Your Holy Convocations, Father: Passover,
Pentecost and Tabernacles; teach us the deep New Covenant
counterparts. *Hallowed
be your :name!*

 *2. 24:5-7 (24:1-9) OIL FOR THE LAMP AND SHOWBREAD. “You shall take fine
flour and bake twelve loaves from it; two tenths of an ephah shall be in
each loaf. 6 And you shall set them in two piles, six in a pile, on the
table of pure gold before the LORD. 7 And you shall put pure frankincense on
each pile, that it may go with the bread as a memorial portion as a food
offering to the LORD.” *12 loaves represent 12 tribes and 12 New Covenant
apostles! *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 24:16 (24:10-23) CANAAN LAND JUDGMENTS. “Whoever blasphemes the name of
the LORD shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him.
The sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be
put to death.” *O that we were grieved and defended Your Name whenever it
was blasphemed and taken in vain! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on
earth.*

 *4. 25:4 (25:1-7) THE SABBATIC YEAR. “But in the seventh year there shall
be a Sabbath of solemn rest for the land, a Sabbath to the LORD. You shall
not sow your field or prune your vineyard.” *One day out of seven: one year
out of seven for the land, that it be not leached. How we have sinned
against our stewardship of ourselves and the land, the earth.! How we have
polluted it and the air, lakes, oceans and food! *Our :daily :bread Give us
this day.*

 *5. 25:9 (25:8-55) THE YEAR OF JUBILEE. “Then you shall sound the loud
trumpet on the tenth day of the seventh month. On the Day of Atonement you
shall sound the trumpet throughout all your land.” This will be the end of
six millennia, and could be the last trumpet, the joyful sound.* Father,
Your Son is about to take up His great power and reign with his saints upon
the earth. *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our
:debtors.*

 *6. 26:45 (26) CONDITIONS OF BLESSING IN CANAAN. “But I will for their sake
remember the covenant with their forefathers, whom I brought out of the land
of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God: I am the
LORD.” *This is a terrible prophecy of judgment, and has been fulfilled!
Restoration has been fulfilled in part; times of restitution of all things
is at hand! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 27:19 (27) LAWS FOR DEDICATED PERSONS AND THINGS. “And if he who
dedicates the field wishes to redeem it, then he shall add a fifth of its
valuation price, and it shall remain his.” *We acknowledge Father, Your
right in all of this. *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 23:27-28 (23) YOM-KIPPUR: THE DAY OF ATONEMENT. “Now on the tenth
day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement. It shall be for you a
time of holy convocation, and you shall afflict yourselves and present a
food offering to the LORD. **28 And you shall not do any work on that very
day, for it is a Day of Atonement, to make atonement for you before the LORD
your God.” *This is most likely the most holy day in the whole year for
Israel!

 Dave Saddler was a sailor in the Canadian Navy during World War II days. He
was number one Bantam-weight boxer, and highly respected. When he would be
in a room reading with other sailors present, and one took the Lord's Name
in vain - Dave immediately confronted him, “I'll thank you not to take that
Name in vain again. He happens to be my best friend!” You can imagine the
pall that immediately came down in that room - for even heavier sailors
didn't want to tangle with this fiery little boxer!

 Leviticus 23 records the 3 great feasts of the Lord. Passover and
Tabernacles each had 3 parts, making 7 altogether. A Jewish missionary to
her people introduced this chapter to me in 1944 shortly after the Lord
revealed Himself to me according to His promise. I shared this with students
at the Sharon Orphanage and Schools of North Battleford, Saskatchewan in the
Fall of 1948. George Warnock audited this class of some 70 students. He had
previously copied the entire OT out by hand, so was well aware of this
portion of Scripture. But the spirit of Mrs. Mary Berth Allquist who shared
this with me seeped through: Jesus fulfilled Passover! The Holy Spirit 50
day later fulfilled Pentecost; and Jesus at His Second Coming will fulfill
Tabernacles.

 Her spirit filtered through me to George, and wouldn't let him go till he
wrote his first of 12 or so books - “The Feast of Tabernacles”. It didn't do
much for 10 years - but then through the instigation of Bill Britton, it was
reprinted and went throughout the world.

 So for me, Leviticus 23 is a red letter chapter - and has led me to have
fellowship with Messianic Jewish believers for the last 67 years.

 And - our Psalm for the day - *57:9-11 (57:1-11) LET YOUR GLORY BE OVER ALL
THE EARTH! “I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples; I will
sing praises to you among the nations. 10 For your steadfast love is great
to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. 11 Be exalted, O God, above
the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth!” *What a paean of praise!
We join with the Psalmist in this!

J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*