Mark 1:9-3:35

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 10:57:40 PDT 2011

August 22, 2011

 *FEB 15 - MARK 1:9-3:35 - THE GOSPEL OF POWER AND JESUS*

 *1. 1:10-11 (1:9-13) JESUS: BAPTISM AND TEMPTATION. “And straightway coming
up out of the water, he saw the heavens being rent, and the Spirit as a dove
descending upon him: 11 and a voice came out of the heavens, You are my
:beloved :Son, in you I am well pleased” (NNT).* What a testimony You have
given Your Son, Father! We join You in confessing this word. We *hear* and *
obey* Your Son *Jesus* as Lord and King. We would manifest Him in His
fullness in our mortal flesh. *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 1:14-15 (1:14-20) JESUS: CALLS FIRST DISCIPLES. “And after :John was
delivered up, “Jesus came into :Galilee, preaching the gospel of :God,
15and saying [that], The season is fulfilled, and the kingdom of:God
is at
hand: repent, and believe in the gospel.” *The Good News is the Kingdom of
God, which includes salvation, but is much broader. Yoked to Jesus (Matthew
11:28-30) is the symbol of our acceptance of Your Kingdom, Father. *Your
:kingdom come!*

 *3. 1:35 (1:21-45) JESUS: COMMENCES TEACHING AND HEALING MINISTRY. “And in
the morning, long before day, he arose and went out, and went off into a
desert place, and was praying there.”*

Prayer is the beginning of all ministry: then the ministry of the word for
faith, and healing. Father, we acknowledge the wisdom and rightness of this
Kingdom principle. *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth. *

 *4. 2:12 (2:1-12) JESUS: LINKS FAITH, SIN, SICKNESS AND AUTHORITY. “And he
arose, and straightway took up the bed, **and** went forth before
**them**all; so that all were amazed, and glorified :God, saying
[that] We never saw
the like.” *O the power, and Majesty of Your Son Jesus, Father! O forgive us
that we so seldom sell out to Him to live His superabundant life through us!
*Our :daily :bread Give us this day!*

 *5. 2:17 (2:13-22) JESUS: ON NEW WINESKINS. “And when :Jesus heard **it, **he
says to them [that] The healthy have no need of a healer, but the ailing: I
came not to call **the** righteous, but sinners.” *We must submit to *
renewal*, both individually and corporately. This is Your will, O Father.
The traditions of human thinking and past moves must be purged and washed
away: then and then only are we candidates for the new wine of the Spirit in
the next and last move! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven
our :debtors.*

 *6. 3:14-15 (2:23-3:19a) JESUS: SABBATH CONTROVERSY. “And he appointed
twelve whom he also named apostles, that they be with him, and that he send
them forth to preach, **15** and to have authority to cast out :demons.” *O
the authority of Your Son Jesus, Father! We submit to His appointments, His
authority, His teaching and His Kingdom! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 3:33b-35 (3:19b-35) JESUS: DEFINES TRUE DISCIPLES! “Who is my :mother
and my :brethren? **34** And looking round on them that sat round him in a
circle, he says, See, :my mother and my :brethren! **35** whoever shall do
the will of :God, the same is my brother and sister and mother.” *Submission
to Your Kingdom principles through Your Son Jesus, Father: *this* is the way
to honor You! *But deliver us from the evil **one!*

 *NOTE**: 3:27 (3:19B-35) JESUS: INSIGHTS ON SATAN'S KINGDOM! “But no one
can enter into the house of the strong, **and** spoil his goods, except he *
*first** bind the strong, and **then** he will spoil his :house.” *The house
divided cannot stand; but Your Son Jesus, Father, has *already* bound Satan,
and divided his house! Satan is *now* a squatter! This happened at and
because of Calvary!

 There are *no words* like the words of Jesus - either given directly by Him
during His 3-year ministry - or indirectly by His Spirit through His
apostles! In John 6 He told His disciples that the Words He spoke on earth -
*They* were *Spirit* and they were *life*! And Paul and Peter both affirmed
that all words both by prophets of OT and apostles of NT - *all* were from
the Lord of Glory! All words therefore in the NT whether directly by the
Lord or indirectly through His apostles - should be in *red*!

 The Gospel of Mark records Jesus words in action. They appeal to the
practicality of the Roman mind! There is little pause between events.
“Immediately” and “suddenly” are words that characterize this Gospel!

 It is also the Gospel of the ox - the servant spirit. Jesus came *not* to
be ministered unto - but to *serve* - and to give His life a Ransom for
many!

 To spend time on one's knees reading aloud from this Gospel, and meditating
upon Jesus' words - is to imbibe of His spirit - and to find Him by His
Spirit growing *within one*, and living out His life *through* such a one.
Galatians 2:20 becomes a reality for such a one - not just for the apostle
Paul.

 Note in this Scripture portion, that Jesus from His thousands of disciples
- sovereignly chose 12 - who he appointed as apostles! This is also recorded
in the Gospel of Luke.

 I am personally thrilled with the words of Jesus - either directly
*or*indirectly. However - there
*is* a Majesty and a linkage with His Words in the 4 Gospels which
*are*unique! May God grant to each one of us to
*profit* immeasurably from the Words of His Son Jesus in the Gospels!

 And - our Psalm for the day! *45:10-11 (45:1-17) YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS
FOREVER! “Hear, O daughter, and consider, and incline your ear: forget your
people and your father's house, **11** and the king will desire your beauty.
Since he is your lord, bow to him!” *Father, this is our ideal relationship
to Jesus Your Son! We embrace it; we receive it; we pledge to walk in it as
Your Son walks it *through* us! J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*