Exodus 29:32-40:38

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:07:44 PDT 2011

August 18, 2011

 *FEB 13 - EXODUS 39:32-40:38 - THE TABERNACLE: ITS CONFIRMATION*

 *1. 39:32 (39:32-40:8) TABERNACLE COMPLETED: HOW TO SET UP. “Thus all the
work of the tabernacle of the tent of meeting was finished, and the people
of Israel did according to all that the LORD had commanded Moses; so they
did” (ESV). *This glorified You, Father. O may we too have a willing heart
to do *all* things concerning Your Kingdom with a like regard. May we make
visible accurately Your invisible Kingdom. *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 40:9 (40:9-11) TABERNACLE: ANOINTED! “Then you shall take the anointing
oil and anoint the tabernacle and all that is in it, and consecrate it and
all its furniture, so that it may become holy.”* This is a sign of the Holy
Spirit sanctifying all our obedience. This should always be our heart's
desire! * Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 40:12-13 (40:12-15) TABERNACLE: PRIESTS WASHED, CLOTHED AND ANOINTED.
“Then you shall bring Aaron and his sons to the entrance of the tent of
meeting and shall wash them with water 13 and put on Aaron the holy
garments. And you shall anoint him and consecrate him, that he may serve me
as priest.” *Kingdom anointing follows holiness preparation. It is our
delight to follow in *all* Your ways, Father! *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 40:16 TABERNACLE: MOSES OBEYS. “This Moses did; according to all that
the LORD commanded him, so he did.” *O that we might have a heart like
Moses! O that we sought to please You Father - body, soul and spirit, as did
Moses! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day!*

 *5. 40:17 (40:17-33) TABERNACLE: REARED UP. “In the first month in the
second year, on the first day of the month, the tabernacle was erected.” *One
year to the month after the *Passover** *in Egypt, the tent of the
congregation was erected. What a memorial! *And forgive us our :debts, As we
also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 40:34-35 TABERNACLE: CONFIRMED BY GLORY CLOUD. “Then the cloud covered
the tent of meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. 36 And
Moses was not able to enter the tent of meeting because the cloud settled on
it, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.” *This was Your
*sign*from heaven Father, registering Your approval! How Your enemies
must have
been cast down! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 40:36-37 (40:36-38) TABERNACLE: MOVED WITH ISRAEL BY CLOUD. “Throughout
all their journeys, whenever the cloud was taken up from over the
tabernacle, the people of Israel set out. 37 But if the cloud was not taken
up, then they did not set out till the day that it was taken up.” *This
glorified You, Father! May we be just as sensitive to Your Spirit! *But
deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: 40:38 (40:36-38) GOD'S GLORY CLOUD AT ALL TIMES VISIBLE TO ISRAEL.
“For the cloud of the LORD was on the tabernacle by day, and fire was in it
by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel throughout all their
journeys.” *This must have been an awesome sight to both Israel and the
surrounding nations.

 This reading completes the 14th day of Exodus! What a book! It contains the
10 commandments; the 10 plagues on Pharaoh and Egypt; the account of the
first Passover; the plan, building and erection of the Tabernacle. And *all
of these* are but types and shadows with rich spiritual lessons for us in
the church, God's One New Man - composed of both Jews and Gentiles.

 Note that the 10 Commandments are called God's Covenant with Israel. It was
a faulty covenant, for Israel was never able to keep their part of it. It
was but a schoolmaster to hold Israel steady until Jesus - the New Covenant
- came to write the Old by His Spirit on our hearts and minds along with
Israel! So - we are *not* to go back to the Old - but to walk in the law of
the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:2) - which has *freed us* from
the law of sin and death! Can we see this? Can we receive it? It will free
us as it did Paul and those of the early church who also could see it. Easy?
Not at all. See in Galatians, how Peter and Barnabas both fell from this
freeing truth. Messianic Jewish Congregations today? Many here to are unable
to see the fullness of this, especially the Gentile part.

 Cultural Judaism? No problem here. But this is for Jewish believers - not
Gentile believers. There are many wanna-be's among the latter, who cause
great wonderment among their Jewish friends. It is so difficult to strike a
godly balance in the midst of all the above.

 And finally - our Psalm for the day! *PSALM 43:5 (43:1-5) SEND OUT YOUR
LIGHT AND YOUR TRUTH. “Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in
turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation
and my God.” *Hope is for the future; Faith is for the *now*! Now-faith -
brings invisible future hope into visibility and present reality! J.A.Watt

*
<http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*