John 6:41-71

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 12:50:35 PDT 2011

Dear Friends - 2011-07-07

These days I am not writing up new articles to mail, because of the pressure
to finish the final proof-reading of this Interlinear text of the Gospels
just prior to printing. However - in proof-reading the following portion, I
felt many of you would appreciate receive it with the Notes once again,
prior to publication. Jim Watt

 *(From JOHN #15 - 6:41-71)*

 *2. 6:41-51 BENEFITS OF TRUE BREAD - ETERNAL LIFE*

*a. 6:41 MURMURING OF THE CROWD*

E-GOGgu-zon [1111] oun hoi IouDAIoi peRI auTOU, HOti EIpen,

*The Jews therefore murmured concerning him, because he said,*

E-G*O* ei-mi ho ARtos ho ka-taBAS ek tou ou-raNOU.

*I am the bread which came down out of :heaven.*

 *b. 6:42 HIS ORIGINS STUMBLE THEM*

kai Ele-gon, OuCHI HOU-TOS es-tin I*e*SOUS, ho huiOS I*o*S*E*PH,

*And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph,*

hou h*e*MEIS OIda-men ton paTEra kai t*e*n m*e*TEra?

*whose :father and :mother WE know?*

p*o*s nun LEgei [HOti] Ek tou ou-raNOU ka-taBEb*e*-ka [2597]?

*how does he say now [that] I am come down out of :heaven?*

 *c. 6:43 Jesus answered and said to them, Murmur not among yourselves.*

a-peKRIth*e* I*e*SOUS kai EIpen auTOIS, m*e* gogGU-ze-te met' alL*E*l*o*n.

 *d. 6:44 MAN'S INABILITY TO COME TO CHRIST*

ouDEIS DUna-tai elTHEIN PROS me, eAN m*e* ho paT*E*R ho PEMpsas me helKUs*e*
[1670]:

*No one can come unto me, except the Father that sent me draw him:*

ka' 'G*O* a-naST*E*s*o* [450] auTON en t*e* esCHAt*e* [2078] h*e*MEra.

*and I will raise him up in the last day.*

 *e. 6:45a It is written in the prophets, And all shall be taught of God.*

EStin ge-gramMEnon en tois proPH*E*tais, Kai Eson-tai PANtes di-dakTOI
TheOU.

 *f. 6:45b Every one that has heard from the Father, and has learned, comes
unto me.*

pas ho aKOUsas paRA tou paTROS, kai maTH*O*N [3129], ERche-tai pros eME.

 *g. 6:46 YET - ONLY THE SON HAS SEEN THE FATHER*

ouch HOti ton paTEra he*O*raKEN [3708] tis,

*Not that any one has seen the Father,*

ei m*e* ho *o*n paRA tou TheOU, HOUtos he*O*ra-ken ton paTEra.

*save he that is from :God, HE has seen the Father.*

 *h. 6:47 Amen, Amen, I say unto you, Who believes has eternal life.*

aM*E*N, aM*E*N, LEg*o* huMIN, ho piSTEU*o*n Echei z*o*-*E*n ai*O*ni-on.

 *i. 6:48 **I am the bread of :life. *eG*O* ei-mi ho ARtos t*e*s z*o*-*E*S.

 *j. 6:49 Your :fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and died.*

hoi paTEres huM*O*N Epha-gon en t*e* eR*E*m*o* to MANna [3131], kai
aPEtha-non [599].

 *k. 6:50 JESUS IS THE TRUE BREAD*

HOU-TOS es-tin ho ARtos ho ek tou ou-raNOU ka-taBAIn*o*n,

*This is the bread which comes down out of :heaven,*

HIna tis ex auTOU PHAg*e* [5315], kai m*e* a-poTHAn*e*.

*that one eat of it, and not die.*

 *l. 6:51 TRUE BREAD AND CHRIST'S FLESH ARE ONE*

eG*O* ei-mi ho ARtos ho z*o*n ho ek tou ou-raNOU ka-taBAS:

*I am the living :bread which came down out of :heaven:*

eAN tis PHAg*e* ek TOUtou tou ARtou, Z*E*sei [2198] ei ton ai*O*na:

*if any eat of :this :bread, he shall live for ever:*

kai ho ARtos de hon eG*O* D*O*s*o* h*e* SARX [4561] mou esTIN, huPER t*e*s
tou KOSmou z*o*-*E*S.

*yes and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.
*

 *3. 6:52-59 ABSOLUTE NECESSITY OF JESUS' FLESH AND BLOOD*

*a. 6:52 THE PEOPLE YET MORE CONFUSED*

E-MAchon-to [3164] oun pros alL*E*lous hoi IouDAIoi, LEgon-tes,

*The Jews therefore strove one with another, saying,*

P*o*s DUna-tai HOUtos huMIN DOUnai t*e*n SARka auTOU phaGEIN?

*How can this man give us his :flesh to eat?*

 *b. 6:53 JESUS CLARIFIES YET MORE HIS CHALLENGE*

EIpen oun auTOIS ho I*e*SOUS, A-M*E*N, aM*E*N, LEg*o* huMIN,

*:Jesus therefore said to them, Amen, Amen, I say unto you, *

eAN m*e* PHAg*e*te t*e*n SARka tou huiOU tou anTHR*O*pou kai PI*e*te
[4095]auTOU to HAIma
[129],

*Except you eat the flesh of the Son of :man and drink his :blood,*

ouk Eche-te z*o*-*E*N en he-auTOIS.

*you have not life in yourselves.*

 *c. 6:54 RESURRECTION - RESULT OF FEEDING ON THE MERITS OF CALVARY*

ho TR*O*g*o*n [5176] mou t*e*n SARka kai PIn*o*n mou to HAIma Echei z*o*-*E*n
ai*O*ni-on;

*Who feeds on my :flesh and drinks my :blood has eternal life;*

ka' 'G*O* a-naST*E*s*o* [450] auTON t*e* esCHAt*e* h*e*MEra.

*and I will raise him up at the last day.*

 *d. 6:55 For my :flesh is true meat, and my :blood is true drink.*

h*e* gar SARX mou a-l*e*TH*E*S es-ti BR*O*sis [1035], kai to HAI-MA mou a-l*
e*TH*E*S es-ti POsis [4213].

 *e. 6:56 Who feeds on my :flesh and drinks my :blood abides in me, and I in
him.*

ho TR*O*g*o*n mou t*e*n SARka kai PIn*o*n mou to HAIma en eMOI MEnei [3306],
ka' 'G*O* en auT*O*.

 *f. 6:57 AN ANALOGY OF TWO TYPES OF LIVING*

kaTH*O*S aPEsteiLEN me ho z*o*n paT*E*R, ka' 'G*O* z*o* diA ton paTEra;

*As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father;*

kai ho TR*O*g*o*n [5176] me, ka' 'KEInos Z*E*sei di' eME.

*so who feeds on me, HE also shall live because of me.*

 *g. 6:58 CONTRAST BETWEEN CHRIST AS BREAD - AND MANNA*

HOU-TOS es-tin ho ARtos ho ex ou-raNOU ka-taBAS:

*This is the bread which came down out of :heaven:*

ou kaTH*O*S Epha-gon hoi paTEres, kai aPEtha-non;

*not as the fathers ate, and died; *

ho TR*O*g*o*n TOUton ton ARton Z*E*sei eis ton ai*O*na.

*he that feeds on this :bread shall live for ever.*

 *h. 6:59 These things said he in a synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.*

TAUta EIpen en su-na-g*o*G*E* [4864], diDAsk*o*n en Ka-pharNAoum.

 *4. 6:60-65 WHY THE GOSPEL STUMBLES SOME*

*a. 6:60 THE GOSPEL: A GROUND OF OFFENSE*

PolLOI oun aKOUsan-tes ek t*o*n ma-th*e*T*O*N auTOU, EIpan,

*Many therefore of his :disciples, when they heard this, said,*

Skl*e*ROS [4642] es-tin ho LOgos HOUtos: tis DUna-tai auTOU aKOUein?

*This :saying is hard: who can hear it?*

 *b. 6:61 EVEN JESUS' DISCIPLES STUMBLED*

eiD*O*S de ho I*e*SOUS en he-auT*O* HOti gogGUzou-sin [1111] peRI TOUtou

*But :Jesus knowing in himself that his :disciples murmured*

hoi ma-th*e*TAI auTOU EIpen auTOIS, TOUto huMAS skan-daLIzei [4624]?

*at this said to them, Does this stumble you?*

 *c. 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of :man ascending where he was
before?*

eAN oun the-*o*R*E*te ton huiON tou anTHR*O*pou a-naBAInon-ta [305] hoPOU *e
*n to PROte-ron?

 *d. 6:63 THE TRUE NATURE OF JESUS' WORDS*

to PNEU-MA es-tin to z*o*-o-poiOUN [2227]; h*e* sarx ouk *o*-pheLEI [5623]ouDEN:

*It is the Spirit that makes alive; the flesh profits nothing:*

ta 'R*E*ma-ta [4487] ha eG*O* leLAl*e*-ka huMIN PNEU-MA [4151] es-tin, kai z
*o*-*E* [2222] es-tin.

*the words that I have spoken to you are spirit, and are life.*

 *e. 6:64a But there are some of you that believe not.*

alLA EIsin ex huM*O*N ti-nes hoi ou piSTEUou-sin.

 *f. 6:64b JESUS' FOREKNOWLEDGE OF JUDAS*

*E*dei gar ex arCH*E*S ho I*e*SOUS TInes eiSIN hoi m*e* piSTEUon-tes,

*For :Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not,*

kai TIS es-tin ho pa-raD*O*s*o*n [3860] auTON.

*and who it was that should deliver him up.*

 *g. 6:65 SALVATION IS OF THE INITIATING FATHER*

kai Ele-gen, DiA TOUto EIr*e*-ka huMIN, HOti ouDEIS DUna-tai elTHEIN PROS
me,

*And he said, For this cause have I said to you, that no one can come unto
me,*

eAN m*e* *e* de-doMEnon [1325] auT*O* ek tou paTROS.

*except it be given unto him of the Father.*

 *5. 6:66-71 BASIS OF ABIDING IN JESUS*

*a. 6:66 RESULT OF THE ABOVE CHALLENGE*

Ek TOUtou polLOI ek t*o*n ma-th*e*T*O*N auTOU aP*E*Lthon [565] eis ta oPIs*o
*,

*Upon this many of his :disciples went :back,*

kai ouKEti met' auTOU pe-ri-ePAtoun.

*and walked no more with him.*

 *b. 6:67 :Jesus said therefore to the twelve, Would you also go away?*

EIpen oun ho I*e*SOUS tois D*O*de-ka, M*e* kai huMEIS THEle-te huPAgein?

 *c. 6:68 PETER'S RESPONSE*

a-peKRIth*e* auT*O* SIm*o*n PEtros, KUri-e, pros TIna a-pe-leuSOme-tha?

*Simon Peter answered him, Lord, unto whom shall we go?*

'R*E*ma-ta [4487] z*o*-*E*S [2222] ai-*o*NIou [166] Echeis.

*you have the words of eternal life.*

 *d. 6:69 And WE have believed and know that YOU are the Holy One of :God.*

kai h*e*MEIS pe-piSTEUka-men kai egN*O*ka-men [1097] HOti su ei ho HAgi-os
tou TheOU.

 *e. 6:70 ONE OF THE APOSTLES A DEVIL*

a-peKRIth*e* auTOIS ho I*e*SOUS, Ouk eG*O* huMAS tous D*O*de-ka e-xe-leXAm*e
*n [1586],

*:Jesus answered them, Did not I choose you the twelve,*

kai ex huM*O*N heis diAboLOS [1228] es-tin?

*and one of you is a devil?*

 *f. 6:71 JUDAS UNMASKED*

Ele-gen de ton IOUdan SIm*o*-nos Is-ka-ri*O*tou,

*Now he spoke of :Judas **son of Simon Iscariot,*

HOUtos gar Emel-len pa-ra-diDOnai [3860] auTON, heis ek t*o*n D*O*de-ka.

*for he it was that should deliver him up, one of the twelve.*

 *NOTE: *This passage of John 6:41-71, is perhaps one of the most
controversial of all of Jesus' teachings. The very fact that Moses in his
Levitical teaching from God, forbade the drinking of blood, would pose a
problem for Jews. But of course, like in dreams and visions, Jesus is here
speaking metaphorically, not literally. Just as we are *not* to take dreams
literally, but symbolically; so we are to see that Jesus is here speaking of
feeding on *His Word*, and drinking of *His Spirit*. By all means make a
life-time investment in the purchase of “Dreams - The Divinity Code” - 'The
Keys to Decoding your Dreams and Visions' by Adrian Beale and Adam F.
Thompson. It has been called “The Ultimate Bible-based dream interpretation
guide,” and can be purchased through *<www.thedivinitycode.org>*.

 Recently these two Australian brothers visited the United States, and will
be retuning in November, as well as to Canada. One friend of mine has made
good use of “The *Metaphor* Dictionary” - perhaps the key portion of this
text, and is now satisfactorily interpreting her own dreams, plus those of
her friends. We can cease to depend on others to interpret our dreams, and
go to God directly for solving His messages to us. Up till now the majority
of texts on dream interpretation have been based on Karl Jung, and his
esoteric and occult background. I ceased teaching for a time on dream
interpretation, because I could not obtain a text that was clearly
Bible-based. The beautiful thing is this - God has given His Bible in a mode
like dreams - it comes mostly in the form of metaphors and symbols. See the
dreams Joseph and Daniel interpreted . See the Book of Daniel and
Revelation. But the parables of Jesus are also in this mode - not to be
received literally - but by the Spirit understood symbolically and
metaphorically.

 This portion of John requires us to understand how God seeks to communicate
with us. So - both the Bible and our dreams - are gifts from God, that if
properly understood and interpreted, bring us into a living and intimate
relationship with Him! What a challenge! What an opportunity! What a
privilege!

 Now let us go back to John 6:41-71 and apply these insights. We will be
blessed by the enlightenment that will come to us. And through this
Australian dream book, not only our dreams, but the Scriptures themselves
will open up to us in a new and living way. One further thought - Consider
the above 5 subdivisions with their sentences, which are set forth by Bible
Numerics. I have summarized each sentence, gathering up their summaries into
subdivisions, paragraphs, sections and books. My summaries are
*not*inspired like the Greek text, and Panin's English translation.
Therefore I
have left a space about them, so that you may replace mine with yours,
should you deem yours better. No other NT translation has the above feature.
It is unique to the discovery of Bible Numerics by Dr. Ivan Panin in 1890.
J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*