Simeon Update

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:09:35 PDT 2011

June 29, 2011

  *SIMEON UPDATE - GIFT OF THE SPIRIT - June 28, 2011*

 *1. John 4:10 (4:1-26) GIFT (do-reA) - AN ARTESIAN WELL. “Jesus answered
and said to her, If you knew the gift of :God, and who is is that says to
you, Give me to drink; you would have asked of him, and he would have given
you living water” (NNT). * This is the *first* of eleven references to Gift
- d*o*-reA - and according the laws of pedagogy, the law of first reference
generally gives the “definition” to that word. I believe it does in this
instance! Jesus here promises to the woman of Samaria an artesian well!
springing up into eternal life. *Maintain* the flow! Meditating vocally upon
a Psalm a day helps this maintenance! *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. Acts 2:38 (2:36-47) GIFT: THE CRUCIAL PART OF THE “PETER PACKAGE”. “And
Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptized each of you in the name of
Jesus Christ unto remission of your :sins; and you shall receive the gift of
the Holy Spirit.” *Note the order of these three events. Baptism is *
immediate* following repentance, and *precedes* normally the *gift* of the
Holy Spirit. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. Acts 8:20 (8:4-25) GIFT: NOT FOR BARTERING. “But Peter said unto him.
Your :silver perish with you, because you have thought to obtain the gift of
:God with money.” *The heart of Simon the sorcerer was revealed through his
offer, and correctly scored by Peter. The highest regard for this Gift
should be maintained! He is an integral part of the Triunity of the Godhead!
Read “Rees Howells, Intercessor” by Norman P. Grubb to gain a proper
perspective on the Holy Spirit. *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on
earth.*

 *4. Acts 10:45 (10:44-48) GIFT: FOR GENTILES TOO! “And they of the
circumcision that believed were amazed, who came with :Peter, because that
on the nations also was poured out the gift of the Holy :Spirit.” *In the
beginning Jews believed all Covenants and Promises to Israel were solely for
them. That God had planned equality for Gentiles with them, and to maintain
*their own* culture - was *more than* mystifying to First Century Jews! *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. Acts 11:17 (10:1-18) GIFT: JUSTIFIES BAPTISM. “If then :God gave them the
like gift as also to us, who had believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was
I, that I could withstand :God?” *Peter justified his action in baptizing
Gentiles on the basis of God's *gift* of the Holy Spirit to Gentiles! The
other apostles in Jerusalem received his defense! *And forgive us our
:debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. Romans 5:15 (5:12-21) GIFT BY GRACE. “But not as the trespass, thus
also the free gift. For if by the trespass of the one the many died, much
rather did the grace of :God, and the gift by grace which is of the one man,
Jesus Christ, abound unto the many.” *The Holy Spirit is really *the New
Heredity* of Jesus given to us on the basis of His Unspeakable Sacrifice on
our behalf on Calvary! See the Holy Spirit as a gift which is *all of grace*!
And it is - a gift of *Abundant* Life! *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. Romans 5:17 (5:12-21) GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. “For if, by the trespass
of the one, :death reigned through the one; much rather shall they that
receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of :righteousness reign in
life through the one, Jesus Christ.” *Imagine! We who have
*no*righteousness, are now recipients of Christ's very righteousness
in the Holy
Spirit. We should *never* think too lightly of this amazing gift of grace! *But
deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 2 Corinthians 9:15b (9:6-15) GIFT UNSPEAKABLE. “Thanks to :God for
his **unspeakable gift.” *10 times the d*o*-reA (GIFT) is undeniably
accepted as the Holy Spirit. Why then for this one reference should an
exception be made? Scarcely a commentary but applies this gift to Christ!
Yet in the light of the above, this reference could only apply to the Holy
Spirit! Unspeakable? Indeed! Through the gift of tongues can one only in an
adequate manner express His value!

 *Ephesians 3:7 (3:1-13) GIFT THAT EXPLAINS PAUL! “In which I became
aminister, according to the
gift of the grace of :God :given me according to the working of his :power!”
*Paul's ministry? Can *only* be explained through *this gift* - d*o*-reA -
this artesian well - according to the law of first reference.

 *Ephesians 4:7 (4:1-16) GIFT: POTENTIAL FOR ALL BELIEVERS. “But to each of
us was the grace given according to the measure of the gift of the Christ.”
*Jesus gives us a New Heredity - His own - when He gives us the *Gift* of
the Holy Spirit. Probably we will not in this life fully underrstand and
appreciate the depth of the value of this *Gift*. Nonetheless, may we like
Rees Howells press in to know Him more fully.

 *Hebrews 6:4-6 (5:11-6:8) HEAVENLY GIFT: HIS IMPORTANCE. “For as to those
who were once enlightened and tasted of the heavenly :gift, and became
partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and tasted the good word of God, and the
powers of the age to come, 6 and fell away, it is impossible to renew
themagain unto repentance, they crucifying again to themselves and
openly
shaming the Son of :God.” *This is a most serious reference. Only once in my
life have I met a man who most definitely had committed this sin. He knew it
- and I knew it.

 *Genesis 29:33 (29:31-35) SIMEON: HEARING. “And Leah conceived again, and
bore a son: and said, Because Jehovah has heard that I am hated, he has
therefore given me this son also: and she called his name Simeon” (ASV '01).
*As the Son was to the Father, so is the Holy Spirit to the Son. And so
ought we to be to the Spirit, like Rees Howells. “Hearing” is a key in the
above 3 instances. So Simeon's name is a key to the Holy Spirit who does
what He *hears*. *John 16:13 (16:1-15) “But when that one comes, the Spirit
of the Truth, he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not
speak from
himself; but what things soever he hears, these shall he speak: and he shall
declare to you the things to come.” *The word gift - do-reA - brings out for
us all that the Holy Spirit hears and would be to us!

 *Genesis 49:5-7 (49:1-27) “Simeon and Levi are brethren; Weapons of
violence are their swords. 6 O my soul, come not into their council; Unto
their assembly, my glory, be not united; For in their anger they slew a man,
And in their self-will they hocked an ox. 7 Cursed be their anger, for it
was fierce; And their wrath, for it was cruel: I will divide them in Jacob,
and scatter them in Israel.” *What these two brothers did in the defense of
their sister Dinah was outrageous. Levi through Phineas saw the curse
reversed for his tribe, but Simeon remained in a secondary position
throughout the history of his tribe.

 *Deuteronomy 33. *Moses leaves out Simeon in his blessings. There was none
for him like Phinehas of Levi to reverse the curse.

 *Exodus 28:18 (28:15-30) “And the second row of the breastplate of judgment
an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.” *Simeon is on the second stone of
the second row, the blue *sapphire*. On a diagonal - the red sardius of
Judah, mixed with the blue sapphire of Simeon - form the purple stone of
Benjamin in the third row on the breastplate of judgment! So - the gifts and
callings of God *are* irrevocable, just as for Israel and God's covenant
promises to Abraham and David!

 Much to learn from *each* of the 12 sons of Jacob, and of the 12 tribes.
The 12 lessons are diverse, and helpful as we meditate upon them. See South
Korea and Simeon! J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*