Exodus 7:19-11:10

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue May 17 09:16:48 PDT 2011

May 17, 2011

 *FEB 3 - EXODUS 7:19-11:10 - PHARAOH: THE TEN PLAGUES*

 *1. 7:22 (7:19-25) FIRST PLAGUE: BLOOD. “And the magicians of Egypt did in
like manner with their enchantments: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and
he listened not unto them; as Jehovah had spoken.” *The Nile was the chief
god of the Egyptians; and You Father, struck the Nile; it was almost adding
insult to injury for Pharaoh's magicians to do the same! *Hallowed be your
:name!*

 *2. 8:14-15 (8:1-15) SECOND PLAGUE: FROGS. “And they gathered them together
in heaps; and the land stank. 15 But when Pharaoh saw that there was
respite, he hardened his heart, and listened not unto them; as Jehovah had
spoken.” *The frog was another god of the Egyptians; by this plague You
again struck at their pride, Father. How amazing the hardness of the heart
of Pharaoh! O that we might have pliable hearts before You, O our God! *Your
:kingdom come!*

 *3. 8:18-19 (8:16-19) THIRD PLAGUE: LICE. “And the magicians did so with
their enchantments to bring forth lice, but they could not: and there were
lice upon man, and upon beast. 19 Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This
is the finger of God: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he listened not
unto them; as Jehovah had spoken.” *Father, we bless You that Your power of
*signs* supersedes that of Satan! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on
earth!*

 *4. 8:22-23 (8:20-32) FOURTH PLAGUE: FLIES. “And I will set apart in that
day the land of Goshen, in which my people live, that no swarms of flies
shall be there; to the end you may know that I am Jehovah in the midst of
the earth. 23 And I will put a division between my people and your people:
by tomorrow shall this sign be.” *How gracious You are to Your people,
Father! Only three plagues fell upon them. Your increasing judgments are
reserved for the ungodly only. What a miraculous division! *Our :daily
:bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 9:7 (9) THREE PLAGUES: MURRAIN, BOILS AND HAIL. “And Pharaoh sent, and,
behold, there was not so much as one of the cattle of the Israelites dead.
But the heart of Pharaoh was stubborn, and he did not let the people
go.” *Pharaoh
could *see* Your Omnipotence Father, as manifested in the increasing
severity of Your judgments. The hail and fire, the seventh plague was of
outstanding severity; yet again it touched not Your people. *And forgive us
our :debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 10:7 (10) TWO PLAGUES: LOCUSTS AND DARKNESS. “And Pharaoh's servants
said unto him, How long shall this man be a snare unto us? let the men go,
that they may serve Jehovah their God: do you not yet know that Egypt is
destroyed?” *These were two dreadful plagues. By now the Egyptians and
Pharaoh's leaders had a most healthy respect for you Father, Jehovah God of
Israel! Through the plagues You became magnified above all enemies of
Israel, man or Satan. *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 11:4-5 (11) TENTH PLAGUE FORETOLD. “And Moses said, Thus says Jehovah,
About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt: 5 and all the
first-born in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first-born of Pharaoh
that sits upon his throne, even unto the first-born of the maid-servant that
is behind the mill; and all the first-born of cattle.” *How ironic! The
firstborn of Pharaoh and his people - for their refusal to let
*Your*firstborn go!
*But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 11:7 (11) “But against any of the children of Israel shall not a
dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that you may know how that
Jehovah does make a distinction between the Egyptians and Israel.” *Ezra and
Nehemiah also show Your Omnipotence Father, between You and Israel's
enemies!

 Areas to consider in Torah Observance: for Jews - plus adaptation for
Gentiles. Here are some illustrations on God's wisdom in this area
concerning “diet”.

 In the summer of 1944, as a recently converted sailor, I was invited to
attend meetings in Victoria BC conducted by Rabbi Nathan Cohen Beskin - then
a believer in Jesus (Yeshua in Hebrew). In his Bar Mitzvah, he had memorized
the Torah - the 5 books of Moses. By age 18 he had memorized the entire Old
Covenant. Following his conversion into the Kingdom of God, he then
memorized the entire NT.

 He had been brought up in Russia, and thoroughly acquainted himself with
their government and politics, plus that of the rest of the world also. At
offering time, he invited people to put along with their offerings, any
question on the Bible or the World situation of that time. Almost without
exception, one question in each meeting would be: Now that you are a
Christian, when you come to my home for a meal, can I offer you a ham
sandwich?

 His answer: It is good to understand the wisdom of God when He gave His
dietary laws to Israel in Leviticus 11 and 17. For instance - when Mrs. Cow
eats her nice green grass - it takes her 4 stomachs and 30 feet of digestive
tract some 20 hours to transform it into nice beef-steak and milk. But when
you eat Mr. Pig, after he eats his slops, it takes but 6 hours for his 8
foot digestive tract to transform them into pork chops and bacon, in which
no amount of heat can kill all the trichinosis problems.

 So - Dr. Beskin said - when your preacher comes to your house for a meal -
feed him chicken!

 The unclean seafood of clams and oysters etc. feed on the filth of the
ocean bottom. Scaleless fish like catfish do the same in rivers, and hook
worms can easily penetrate them because they have no scales.

 The wisdom of God in clean and unclean birds of the air is just as wise.

 So - what is our take as Gentiles concerning the teaching of the Torah, our
Pentateuch? Well, according to Acts 15, we do *not* have to be fully Torah
Observant like Jews. Our males do not have to be circumcised. Yet all the *
moral* laws of Torah are repeated in the NT for the One New Man of both Jew
and Gentile, - and by the Spirit 4 very necessary conditions are laid down
for Gentile believers, that enable Jews to sit down in fellowship with us at
meals. Peter and Paul joined us because of this.

 See Acts 15:28-29 (15:6-29) - *“For it seemed good to the Holy :Spirit, and
to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these :necessary things: 29 to
abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood, and from
thingsstrangled, and from fornication; from which if you keep
yourselves, you
shall do well.” *First of all pollutions of the idols are forbidden us.
Those who have been saved out of idolatrous backgrounds - tell us the wisdom
of this. It is *not* the idol we worship, but the *demon* behind the idol!
In China the image of their ugly idols are representation of the demons the
worshipers have actually seen. And the sacrifices offered to them,
especially for new converts, can be very dangerous.

 And to help true fellowship with Jews, Gentiles must not drink the blood,
for the life of the soul is in the blood. Furthermore, the blood not only
brings food to cells of animal and man, but also removes waste from every
cell. To drink the blood is to partake of body wastes before it goes to the
kidneys and large intestine.

 What is strangled. God's rules for kosher killing for sacrifice is very
wise. The two neck arteries going to the heart in clean animals join just at
this point, making death quick and painless. If death is delayed prior to
sacrifice, the fear of the animal causes toxicity to enter blood and meat.
The user is then adversely affected. These two arteries are *not joined* at
this point in swine - hence their squealing in pain and fear, and further
infecting their already unclean meat. See how wise God is in His dietary
rules in the Torah!

 And lastly - *fornication* in heathen religions is largely a part of their
worship. “PorNEIa” - fornication, is a sexual sin including adultery,
pre-marital sex, homosexuality, lesbianism, bestiality and much more. Once
converted, the body of the Christian becomes the temple of the Holy Spirit.
One can't use his body as God's temple, and then continue in the above
sinful practices. “Pornography” comes from this practice, and leads to it.
It is a *part* of this family of words.

 These four guides by the Holy Spirit help us make healthy relationships for
the One New Man under the New Covenant. Jew and Gentile because of this, can
sit down in fellowship and eat together.

 Dietary laws are only one of many wise moral rulings given by God in Torah
to profit Gentiles as much as Jews.

“God's Learning Channel” (GLC) from Midland TX, founded and directed by Al &
Tommie Cooper - *<www.godslearningchannel.com>* is a teaching based
television station in the southern US exploring the Biblical Hebraic roots
of Christianity. It is available 24 hours a day on its US Satellite Network.
Teaching insights such as the above are brought forth in detail with much
secular confirmation to the wisdom of God in the Bible.

 Our Psalm for the day is 33:10-11 - *“Jehovah brings the counsel of the
nations to nothing; He makes the thoughts of the peoples to be of no effect.
11 The counsel of Jehovah stands fast for ever, The thoughts of his heart to
all generations.” *Even Satan is Your servant, Father; unable to move apart
from the parameters You set for him, as we see in Job! There is
*nothing*too difficult for You! J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*