Psalms 22-24

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 09:46:20 PDT 2011

*April 26, 2011*

 *JAN 22 - PSALMS 22-24 - LIFE OF MESSIAH*

 *1. 22:1 (22:1-5) CHRIST FORSAKEN. “My God, my God, why have you forsaken
me? Why are you so far from helping me, and from the words of my groaning?”
*Would we enter into the fellowship of Your suffering, Lord? Would we fill
up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in our flesh for His
body's sake, which is the church (Colossians 1:24)? We quail that You were
made sin for us - became a propitiation that we might be reconciled to God!
*Hallowed be Your Name!*

 *2. 22:14 (22:6-21) CHRIST PERSECUTED. “I am poured out like water, And all
my bones are out of joint: My heart is like wax; It is melted within
me.” *Father,
Your Spirit in David wrote this of Your Son at Calvary. This is suffering
for us. This is for Adamic sin for which we could not make atonement. This
was for our trespasses, for which likewise we could do nothing. All that we
have; All that we are; All we shall ever be - Cannot repay the love-debt we
owe: We surrender to Thee! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 22:28 (22:22-31) CHRIST TRIUMPHANT. “For the kingdom is Jehovah's; And
he is the ruler over the nations.” *And how did this happen, O Lord? Because
You as Son of man made blood atonement for us. Therefore the Father has
given You dominion, and Glory, and a Kingdom, that all the earth should
serve You - an everlasting dominion, a Kingdom not to be destroyed (Daniel
7:13-14). You, O Lamb of God, are Worthy. And You share Your Kingdom with
us! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 23:3 (23) JEHOVAH OUR SHEPHERD. “He restores my soul: He guides me in
the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.” *You are Jehovah Roi (my
shepherd). You meet all our needs. Past, present and future have been looked
after by You. Spiritually and naturally You meet our needs. Father, we are
not worthy of such love and grace. Our hearts become broken and contrite at
such love. You lead us to plead bitterly for our enemies. *Our :daily bread
give us this day!*

 *5. 24:1 (24:1-2) JEHOVAH'S EARTH. “The earth is Jehovah's, and the
fullness of it; The world, and they that dwell in it.” *We are stewards of
Your earth, O Father. We are also stewards of our bodies, our possessions,
our talents, our gifts. We return them all to You. Use us and them as is
fitting in Your sight, and for Your Glory. Keep back Your servants from
presumptuous sin. *And forgive us our :debts, as we also have forgiven our
:debtors!*

 *6. 24:3-4 (24:3-6) JEHOVAH'S HILL. “Who shall ascend into the hill of
Jehovah? And who shall stand in his holy place? 4 He that has clean hands,
and a pure heart; Who has not lifted up his soul unto falsehood, And has not
sworn deceitfully.” *O Jehovah Father, Covenant Lord, Great I AM, purge us
so that we may fulfill these conditions. Through contrition and repentance
we seek full reconciliation with You! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 24:8, 10 (24:7-10) JEHOVAH: KING OF GLORY! “Who is the King of glory?
Jehovah strong and mighty, Jehovah mighty in battle. 10 Who is this King of
glory? Jehovah of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah.” *Yes Father, we
will say Yes! We acknowledge You as the only One worthy of our praise and
our life. Find Your habitation in us! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 22:3 (22) “But you are holy, O You who inhabits the praises of
Israel!” *What David saw in the Spirit concerning You, O Father! - we praise
by lifting up holy hands to You! Let our prayer be set before You as
incense; and the lifting up of our hands as the evening sacrifice. Evening
and morning we Hallow Your Name through the Lambkin sacrifice!

 Father, we invite You to have full right of way in our life. We offer our
bodies to You as living sacrifices. Renew our minds. Come as a burning,
flaming fire to dwell in the hearts of Your people!

 Psalms 22-24 reveal 3 aspects of Jesus' ministry. Psalm 22 reveals His past
ministry on our behalf on Calvary. In some aspects, more is revealed here
prophetically on what Jesus endured on the Cross - than even what is
revealed in the four Gospels.

 Psalm 23 reveals His present time ministry on our behalf through the
indwelling Holy Spirit.

 But Psalm 24 reveals His future ministry through His Second Coming as Lord
of lords and King of kings!

 When we look at Hebrews 13:8 and read, *“Jesus Christ the same yesterdayand
today, and unto the ages”; *we find the 3-fold ministry of the Son of man
and the Son of God from an eternal perspective. *“Before Abraham was, I AM”,
* Jesus informed the Jewish leaders of His day - and brought upon Himself
their bitter wrath. Nevertheless - *His* revelation was true, which they
will learn to their chagrin at His Second Coming! E. Stanley Jones linked
this with Hebrews 12:28 where we learn by revelation that Jesus receives an
*“unshakable kingdom.”* So Dr. Jones entitled his extraordinary book, *“The
Unshakable Kingdom and The Unchanging Person.”* Bob Mumford accounted this
as one of the remarkable books of his generation. I agree. The *Gospel* is
an account of “The Kingdom of God”, which we often fail to emphathize, in
the way God does so!

 In the Thomas Newberry Reference Bible's Introduction - we learn that
“Jehovah” - the Name of our Triune God - contains the 3 major tenses of the
verb “to be” - future, present and past. Ye-h*o*VAH is the Hebrew
pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton: “Ye” representing the future ministry
of God; “h*o*”, the present participle, representing God's present
relationship with us; and “VAH”, from the past tense of the verb “to be”,
representing Psalm 22, and what Christ Jesus our Lord accomplished on our
behalf on Calvary!

 So - these 3 Psalms - set forth in an eternal perspective - the
extraordinary life of our Messiah! J.A.Watt