Psalm 1-41

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 18:49:51 PDT 2011

April 19, 2011

 *JAN 17 - PSALM 1-41 - MAN AND GENESIS*

 *1. 1:2 (1) GOD'S BLESSING UPON MAN. “But his delight is in the law of
Jehovah; and on his law does he meditate day and night” (ASV - '01). *Father,
You have blessed us in a special way by the gift of Your Word. O may we
treasure it, count it as precious, and draw prosperity and success from it,
as did Joshua (1:8)! *Hallowed be Your Name.*

 *2. 5:11 (2-7) GOD APPRAISES MAN'S FALLEN ESTATE. “But let all those that
take refuge in you rejoice, Let them ever shout for joy, because you defend
them: Let them also that love your name be joyful in you.” *We will rejoice,
we will shout for joy, we will be joyful in You. We take the Holy Spirit's
words through David, and appropriate them for ourselves. You correctly know
our estate, therefore we safely rest in You. *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 12:6 (8-15) GOD POINTS THE WAY OUT. “The words of Jehovah are pure
words; As silver tried in a furnace on the earth, Purified seven times.” *Yes,
by Your Word, O Father. You speak to us. As George Muller of old, we will
praise-pray it back to You. We know full well that You are in Your Word, and
this is the way out. *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 16:7 (16-21) GOD PRAISED FOR DELIVERANCE. “I will bless Jehovah, who
has given me counsel; Yes, my heart instructs me in the night
seasons.” *Father,
it is You Who holds us back from evil, and delivers us from danger. You do
it by dreams in the night season. Your faithfulness is past finding out. We
are humbled by Your insights and we lean hard on You! * **Our :daily bread
Give us this day.*

 *5. 22:28 (22-24) GOD PROVIDES A SAVIOR. “For the kingdom is Jehovah's; And
he is the ruler over the nations.” *And why, Father, do You rule so widely?
You have worked plenteous redemption, and taken upon Yourself the right to
rule, for You are Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer, and Lover of our souls! You
are our Shield, and Armor, and the Preserver from all unnecessary testing! *And
forgive us our :debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 34:1 (25-34) GOD'S REDEMPTION IN MESSIAH (CHRIST). “I will bless
Jehovah at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth.” *This
shall become habitual with us: for You Father, inhabit the praises of
Israel. Lord Jesus - we enthrone you! We proclaim You our King! Standing
here in the midst of us, We lift You up with our praise. And as we worship,
build a throne; Come Lord Jesus, and take Your place! * And bring us not
into temptation!*

 *7. 41:1 (35-41) GOD CAUSES TRIUMPH OVER OUR ENEMIES. “Blessed is he that
considers the poor: Jehovah will deliver him in the day of evil.” * Father,
those who are merciful shall obtain mercy. Those who harden their hearts
against the cry of the needy; shall not be heard in the day of trouble. How
just You are in all Your ways! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: *These first 41 Psalms are linked by the Jews with the book of
Genesis, the first book of Moses, and connected with the Torah or Teaching.

 Just as Genesis lays a foundation for the rest of the Bible as its
Seed-plot - so these 41 Psalms lay the foundation for the rest of the Book
of Psalms and the Old Covenant: Law (Torah) - Prophets (Neviim) - and
Writings (Kethuvim). This is the Hebrew order; this is the order in which
our Lord Jesus as a Jew read them. See the end of Luke and how He used this
order in revealing Himself to the two on the road to Emmaus.

 There first 41 psalms are primarily written by David, and many
prophetically are Messianic - that is - they point forward to Jesus, David's
Greater Son!

 David is called by God - “A man after My own heart!” David had a heart
completely after God! Was he perfect? no more than you or I! He like us
awaits the Resurrection at the time of the return of our Lord, when we too
with him receive our resurrected body. Jesus alone at this time is the first
fruits from the dead - in the sense that He has the Resurrection Body of the
One New Man. But as He as Head is first to partake of the New Creation -
then we in turn as members of His body will receive a body like His at that
time. *This* is the *Blessed Hope*.

 From the time the Spirit of God came upon David after leaving King Saul, he
started writing and singing half the Psalms of this Book. Samuel by the Word
of the Lord anointed David as king as the eighth son of Jesse, while he was
yet a shepherd boy. It was while yet a lad that he killed Goliath, before he
had reached full manhood.

 Look at Psalm 22, and see how David foresaw our Suffering Savior at His
first coming. He came *then* to die redemptively for your sins and mine. He
will return triumphantly as Judge for both the righteous to apportion out
awards - and for the wicked to righteously consign them to hell with the
Satan whom they have chosen. One third of the angels fell from heaven with
Satan for choosing him, and shall *further* fall to the lake of fire
prepared for them with Satan. It was *not* prepared for man - but when man *
chooses* to side with Satan, then they with him share his fate! Paul the
apostle so effectively set these truths forth, that Governor Felix of Rome
trembled!

 In these 41 Psalms David recounts the wonders of creation, the fall of man,
and the beginnings of God's Redemptive processes. Because of this, these
Psalms accord with the book of Genesis, and mightily glorify You, O Father!
We will use these Psalms to lead us into spontaneous praise and prayer!
J.A.W.

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE – Please email: **
jmbetter-unsubscribe at skagitattic.no-ip.org*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES – Web:** **