Genesis 1-2

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 12:45:03 PDT 2011

April 1, 2011

 *JAN 3 - GENESIS 1-2 - GOD AND CREATION*

 *1. 1:1, 3 (1:1-5) CREATION: FIRST DAY, LIGHT. “In the beginning God
created the heavens and the earth. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and
there was light.” (ASV '01) *Father, You have given us light in the face of
Jesus. We who know Jesus, know You; for You were in Christ reconciling the
world to Yourself. So in the words of Jesus - to you we pray - *Hallowed be
Your Name.*

 *2. 1:6 (1:6-8) SECOND DAY: THE DIVIDING FIRMAMENT. “And God said, Let
there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the
waters from the waters.” *Father, You are a God Who divides between the
waters, between flesh and spirit, between clean and unclean, between holy
and unholy. By Your Word You divide between soul and spirit. *Your :kingdom
come.*

 *3. 1:9, 11a (1:9-13) THIRD DAY: EARTH AND VEGETATION. “And God said, Let
the waters under the heavens be gathered together unto one place, and let
the dry land appear: and it was so. 11a And God said, Let the earth put
forth grass, herbs yielding seed, and fruit-trees bearing fruit after their
kind.” *In Your work of restoration, Father, You provided for man by
vegetation before You created him. How we can trust You! *Your :will be
done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 4. 1:14-15 (1:14-19) FOURTH DAY: LIGHTS. “And God said, Let there be lights
in the firmament of heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be
for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years:

*15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of heaven to give light upon
the earth: and it was so.” *Father, we marvel at Your power. We worship You
in Your wisdom and love. You provide all of our needs. *Our :daily bread
Give us this day.*

 *5. 1:20 (1:20-23) FIFTH DAY: FISH AND FOWL. “And God said, Let the waters
swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in
the open firmament of heaven.” *And still You ready earth for man! Before we
ask, You have already anticipated our every need! How truly You are God
alone! *And forgive us our :debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 1:24, 26a (1:24-31) SIXTH DAY: CATTLE AND MAN. “And God said, Let the
earth bring forth living creatures after their kind, cattle, and creeping
things, and beasts of the earth after their kind: and it was so. 26a And God
said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have
dominion...” *Here You have set forth Your eternal purpose, Father. You are
bringing many sons into Glory! In Christ You are now perfecting Your
character likeness into Your created beings. *And bring us not into
temptation.*

 *7. 2:2 (2:1-25) SEVENTH DAY: REST AND RECAPITULATION. “And on the seventh
day God finished his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh
day from all his work which he had made.” *Now Father, You are teaching us
to enter into Your eternal Sabbath of rest. You desire us to rest as Christ
perfects through us Your perfect will. *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: *Notice that God starts out His Bible in Genesis by portraying
Himself as the Mighty Numberer! He has seven days in creation. And these 7
days link up with many other combinations of seven throughout Scripture. And
even underneath the surface in the original Hebrew and Greek languages - yet
many more *hidden* sevens lie. We could even call this - God's Bible
Numerics! This so protects His Name, that through such numbers - neither His
Name - nor His Bible - can be counterfeited. No other god or bible in the
world can match this!

 There are seven pieces of furniture in the tabernacle in the Wilderness;
seven pieces of clothing for Aaron the High Priest; seven steps of
preparation for Solomon's Temple by his father David - and many, many more.

 How favored God has made man. And when man fell, which God in His
foreknowledge knew he would do - yet in previous ages He had already planned
His Redemption, Reconciliation and Restoration - through the coming
sacrificial death of His only begotten Son.

 And though this restored earth as recorded in Genesis 1 - fell through the
sin and disobedience of the first Adam - God's second Adam would not only
provide restoration for the human race - whosoever will - but also
restoration for the physical creation!

 Do not all of these truths cause you to glorify God - as it does me? What a
wonderful God we serve: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. And yet God is also *
one*! The word one in Hebrew is ­*eCHAD* - the same word used of husband and
wife becoming *one* flesh. Are they not still two? Yes - but they are
*one*in unity as is our triune God. Can we mentally understand this?
No - but we
*can* receive it by faith. Billy Graham sets us an example here. He
confessed that much in the Bible he did not understand - but at one time, by
an act of obedience and faith - he accepted it *all* by faith - and in his
preaching from then on could boldly say - *The Bible says*!

 This is also my stance. I accept the whole of God and the whole of His
Bible by faith - and in the same example as of Billy Graham I say - “*The
Bible says*!” J.A.W.

* SUBSCRIBE – Please Email: **jmbetter-subscribe at skagitattic.no-ip.org*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE – Please email: **
jmbetter-unsubscribe at skagitattic.no-ip.org*