VIII-A - End of this Age

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 08:22:43 PDT 2010

September 16, 2010

   *(From: “Visions Beyond the Veil” by H.A. Baker)*

 *Chapter VIII-A - END OF THIS AGE AND RETURN OF CHRIST*

 During the mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit, by vision and prophecy we
were repeatedly warned that the end of the present age and the return of our
Lord is at hand.

 The Holy Spirit made this great climax at the consummation of the present
age so vivid and real that no doubt was left in any of our minds that the
Lord God was bringing last and supremely important messages to his people.

 The Scripture teaches that the present age will end in the greatest
tribulation the world has ever seen and that immediately after that
tribulation the Lord will return to destroy the wicked and reward the
righteous. *(“But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun
shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars
shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: and
then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then shall all
the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming on
the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” Matthew 24:30-31.)*

 The Scriptures also teach that this age will reach its climax at its “end”
in the harvest when the tares will have reached full fruition and when the
wheat will have passed from the leaf and the blade to the full grain in the
ear. When both the wheat and the tares are ripe the angels will come with
the Lord to gather the harvest and to separate the wheat from the tares. In
other words, when the Kingdom of the devil is at its worst and the Kingdom
of God on earth is at its best, in its purest form - the evil ripe and the
good ripe - then will come the harvest. *(“Let both grow together until the
harvest: and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather up
first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn.” Matthew 13:30. “And he
answered and said, He that sows the good seed is the Son of man; and the
field is the world; and the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom;
and tares are the sons of the evil one; and the enemy that sows them is the
devil: and the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are angels.
As therefore the tares are gathered up and burned with fire; so shall it be
in the end of the world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and
they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that cause stumbling and
them that do iniquity, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there
shall be weeping and the gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine
forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He that has ears, let him
hear.” Matthew 13:37-43.) *The Bible further teaches that evil will reach
its climax in the incarnation of the devil in control of a demon-deceived
and tormented world and that this devil-possessed world ruler, the super-man
will be destroyed by the Lord at his coming. *(“Now we beseech you,
brethren, touching the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering
together unto him ... let no man beguile you in any wise: for it will not be
except the falling away come first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son
of perdition, he that opposes and exalts himself against all that is called
God, or that is worshiped; so that he sits in the temple of God, setting
himself forth as God ... for the mystery of lawlessness does already work:
only there is one that restrains now, until he be taken out of the way. And
then shall be revealed the lawless one, whom the Lord Jesus shall slay with
the breath of his mouth, and bring to naught by the manifestation of his
coming; even he, whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all
power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceit of unrighteousness
for them that perish.” 2 Thessalonians 2:1-11.)*

 There may be those who take exception to the above remarks, but, without
detailed discussion of these matters, I will relate, as best I can, the
visions and revelations given Adullam children, who knew little or nothing
of the theology involved.

*Pestilence and Wars*

 Time after time they spoke in prophecy, saying that a time of famine,
pestilence, war, and desolation is coming and that it will be attended with
persecution of the people of God, whom He will especially equip and protect
in this crisis.

 One boy saw our school teacher trying to buy a measure of rice. So great a
crowd surrounded the granary that the teacher could only hope for success in
making his purchase by pushing with the crowd. Only one measure of rice
could be bought by each man. *(“And I heard as it were a voice in the midst
of the four living creatures saying, A measure of wheat for a shilling, and
three measures of barley for a shilling ...” Revelation 6:6.)*

 In vision one ignorant, uneducated boy was transported to our civilized
lands and saw the peoples getting ready for war, making bombs, cannon, and
implements of destruction.

 The coming of the devil and his incarnation in the Antichrist was
prophesied many times, as well as seen in vision.

*Visions of the Devil and Antichrist*

 The children saw the dragon, the devil with seven heads. One boy saw angels
fighting with him and seven of his angels. The devil and his angels were
overcome and flung out of heaven to earth. *(“And there was seen another
sign in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten
horns, and upon his head seven diadems. And there was war in heaven: Michael
and his angels going forth to war with the dragon; and the dragon warred and
his angels; and they prevailed not, neither was their place found any more
in heaven. And the great dragon was cast down, the old serpent, he that is
called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world; he was cast
down to the earth, and his angels were cast down with him ... Woe for the
earth and for the sea: because the devil is gone down unto you, having great
wrath, knowing that he has but a short time.” Revelation 12:3, 7-9, 12).*

 Adullam boys saw the super-man the world is wishing for, the great subject
of worship that Buddhism, Theosophy, Mohammedanism and other religions
expect. In him they saw the devil incarnated as a handsome, strong man in
the beauty and strength of young manhood.

 They also had visions of the image that in due season this God-defying
Antichrist will erect according to prophecy as an object of worship, the
image that will be able to speak and to deceive the world. *(“And he
deceives them than dwell on the earth by reason of the signs which it was
given him to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the
earth, that they should make an image to the beast who has the stroke of the
sword and lived. And it was given unto him to give breath to it, even to the
image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause
that as many as should not worship the image of the beast should be killed.”
Revelation 13:14-15). *I asked how they knew this handsome man of power was
the Antichrist. They said that a host of demons followed him everywhere,
obeyed his every command, advanced at his word, and halted at his order.

 This Antichrist was also seen upon a plain as a beast with seven heads.
Again I asked how they knew this was the Antichrist, and the children said
the angels told them. I have already explained that, as to John, these
revelations were given through angels when the children were “in the Spirit”
in a trance and that, like him, they carried on conversation with the angels
and by these heavenly messengers were told the mystery of many things they
did not understand themselves.

*The Saints Under Persecution*

 During the reign of this super-man in his God-defying power, the saints of
God were standing true and bearing faithful testimony in spite of every
hardship and every danger. They saw the two witnesses in Jerusalem, and they
saw the saints, as well as these two, endued with mighty supernatural power
to fight with and to resist the power of darkness in that awful time, the
like of which has never been upon the earth - the time when the devil and
all his angels and demons will be turned loose upon the earth, having great
wrath, knowing their time is short. During this time, when no one but a true
Spirit-filled saint could stand for a day against such Satanic power and
supernatural Satanic miracles and manifestations, the children saw the
saints filled with the still greater supernatural power of their God, the
Spirit of him, who is greater than “he that is in the world.” They had
visions of preaching the gospel in the midst of great persecution; but they
were given such power that by a word from them enemies were smitten by
plagues *(“And if any man desires to hurt them, fire proceeds out of their
mouth and devours their enemies; and if any man shall desire to hurt them,
in this manner must he be killed.” Revelation 11:5.) *or death. This power
seemed to issue from within and came out of their mouths; with it they
rebuked and slew their enemies. They were exercising the power the Lord had
promised his disciples, power to do the works He did and greater works. *(“He
that believes on me the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works
than these shall he do; because I go unto the Father.” John 14:12.) *In some
cases after giving a testimony in a town that rejected them and having left
it a distance, fire from heaven descended and destroyed the wicked place,
even as Sodom and Gomorrah were swept away. When persecution was bitter they
were sometimes caught away bodily by the Holy Spirit as was Philip *(“And
when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away
Philip; and the eunuch saw him no more.” Acts 8:39.) * and as the prophets
supposed Elijah had been (2 Kings 2:16). They were thus by the Spirit
carried away to a place of safety. In time of hunger and need food was
miraculously provided - manna, fruit, and other food. Angels ministered.
Strength and boldness were given to bear a fearless testimony. The
Christians had power to speak with tongues in the languages of strange and
unevangelized tribes. When in vision the boys or girls were thus preaching
in the Spirit we ourselves could see how this might be true, for while one
speaker preached to the people of a strange language whom he saw before him,
another interpreted for him (1 Corinthians 14:28). Both spoke in other
tongues. One spoke a few sentences, then the other interpreted. They were
preaching to some of those of every tribe and language.

 John saw an angel flying in heaven with the everlasting gospel to be
preached to all tribes and tongues, just before the fall of Babylon the
Great. *(“And I saw another angel flying in mid heaven, having eternal good
tidings to proclaim unto them that dwell on the earth and unto every nation
and tribe and tongue and people; and he says with a great voice, Fear God,
and give him glory; for the hour of his judgment is come.” Revelation
14:6-7.)* He also saw a great multitude no man could number, people of every
tribe and language, who had washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb and
had come out of Great tribulation. *(“After these things I saw, and behold a
great multitude, which no man could number, out f every nation and of all
tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the
Lamb, arrayed in white robes, and palms in their hands. And one of the
elders answered, saying unto me, These that are arrayed in the white robes,
who are they, and from where did they come? And I said unto him, My Lord,
you know. And he said to me, These are they that came out of the great
tribulation, and they washed their robes, and made them white in the blood
of the Lamb.” Revelation 7:9, 13-14.) *Must it not be in accord with the
Scripture that, as the children saw in these visions, the gospel will be
preached again under angelic ministration in the miraculous power of the
Holy Spirit in a supernatural way, far exceeding that of the early Church in
the days of its persecution? May it not be that the harvest outpouring of
the Holy Spirit, the latter rain, will far exceed the seed-time outpouring
of the Holy Spirit, the former rain, the outpouring on the Day of Pentecost?

 *The Final World War*

 At the conclusion of the final testimony of the most perfect and
supernatural church the world has ever seen, in the midst of the greatest
persecution by the greatest concentration of Satanic demonical power and
devil-controlled human power that any age on earth has ever experienced, the
Adullam children saw the Antichrist, the devil-man, the super-man world
leader, marshalling his forces for the final world war of the age.

 They also saw the war in the spirit realm. In this they saw a man on a
white horse, leading his army of angels dressed in white. *(“And I saw the
heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and he that sat on it called
Faithful and True; and in righteousness he does judge and make war ... And
the armies which are in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in
fine linen, white and pure. And out of his mouth proceeds a sharp sword,
that he should smite the nations ... and he treads the winepress of the
fierceness of the wrath of God, the Almighty.” Revelation 19:11, 14-15.) *They
also saw a rider on a red horse, the rider dressed in beautiful dark colored
array and followed by his host of demons in black.

 Some visions of the war on earth were also seen. Children saw battleships
destroyed by bombs thrown from airplanes, and they saw the ships with all
aboard enter their watery grave to be seen no more. Armies were seen
gathered from all the earth, engaged in the great and terrible struggle. The
children watched the awful battle. Poison gas and deadly instruments of war
slew their victims in countless numbers. At first the dead were buried, but
later the slain, being so many they could not be taken care of, were piled
in heaps or left to decay as manure upon the face of the earth, as the
prophet has foretold. *(“A noise shall come even to the end of the earth;
for Jehovah has a controversy with the nations; he will enter into judgment
with all flesh: as for the wicked, he will give them to the sword, says
Jehovah. Thus says Jehovah of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation
to nation, and a great tempest shall be raised up from the uttermost parts
of the earth. And the slain of Jehovah shall be at that day from one end of
the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented
neither gathered, nor buried: they shall be dung upon the face of the
ground.” Jeremiah 25:31-33).*

 In the midst of all these things everything was interrupted by

 *The Sudden Return of Christ*

 The sun became dark and the moon red like blood. *(“But immediately after
the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall
not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of
the heavens shall be shaken ... and they shall see the Son of man coming on
the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” Matthew 24:29-30. “And I
saw when he opened the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the
sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the whole moon became as blood;
and the stars of the heaven fell unto the earth, as a fig tree casts her
unripe figs when she is shaken of a great wind. And the heaven was removed
as a scroll when it is rolled up; and every mountain and island were moved
out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the princes, and the
chief captains, and the rich, and the strong, and every bondman and freeman,
hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains; and they say
to the mountains and to the rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of
him that sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: for the great
day of their wrath is come; and who is able to stand.” Revelation 6:12-17).
*The stars fell in showers. The heavens shook and seemed to roll together as
a scroll. There was a great earthquake that rent the earth asunder. Great
crevices opened and people were swallowed alive. Buildings were shaken down,
collapsing like children's toy houses, killing and burying the inmates.
While these things in heaven and earth were taking place the Lord appeared
in the heavens. Old and young, rich and poor were overcome with deadly fear.
They fled in every direction in wild confusion. Men fled from their shops
empty handed, without a thought of their valuables that a few moments before
had seemed of great importance. Families rushed from their homes without
even a glance back upon the luxuries that had been their life passion. In
one moment all men became one in purpose; they had only one desire; they
only sought one thing. That one desire was to flee from the face of the
returning Judge; they sought only a place of refuge to hide from the visible
King of Kings. Some who were not killed by falling houses or who did not
tumble into the opened earth tried to flee to the mountains for safety; some
leaped into the rivers and perished; some slew themselves with their own
weapons.

 Everywhere was wailing and shrieking. Everywhere was riot and terror.
Anything to escape from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of His
wrath was come.

 *NOTE**: *The multitude of earth's inhabitants give little thought to the
end of this age and the return of Christ. *Only two* recognized the day of
Christ's First Coming as the Babe of Bethlehem: Anna and Simeon. So will it
be at His Return. But, there is a remnant who will be prepared for that day.
George Muller, Tregelles and James R. Graham were among that remnant number
in their day.

 You might ask: How is it that the orphan and beggar family of boys and
girls of Adullam in Kunming, China - saw these visions in the late 20's, and
felt the end was at hand? It *was* - for 1000 years in God's sight *is but a
day*; and *a day* as 1000 years. God's timing is *not* like ours. It is but
a blink of the eye from then till now in God's sight! And what of the order
of events as the Adullam Family saw the end? It is *not* the order as is
prevalently taught in the church today.

 But what says the Scripture? What of the Parables of Jesus? We need to
balance the Prophetic Scriptures of Old and NT with the Teaching of Jesus
and His apostles, with the Parables and with the historical outworking of
these - and if the teaching of the majority of the church today does
*not*accord - then we will remember that the tradition of the Elders
of Jesus'
day did not accord with what He taught then. Not too much has changed in
2000 years. My guideline is: Let God say what *He* wants to say, and let His
Bible mean what *it* wants to mean. *Then* we will be safe, and not shocked
at the fulfilling and timing of prophetic events. J.A.W.

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: