Angels in Our Midst

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 09:02:35 PDT 2010

September 5, 2010

   *(From: “Visions Beyond the Veil” by H.A. Baker)*

 *Chapter 6 - “ANGELS IN OUR MIDST”*

 Outpourings of the Holy Spirit upon Adullam children and young folks have
always been attended with visions of angels in our midst.

 In this connection is is well to remember some scriptural teaching about
angels. The Scriptures teach that angels have a part in the ministration of
the Holy Spirit. Since *“the spirits (or angels) of the prophets are subject
to the prophets” (1 Corinthians 14:32), *angels have some part in prophetic
utterance when a prophet speaks under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
The visions John saw on Patmos and the revelations he had there when he was
*“in the Spirit”* were given him through an angel (Revelation 1:1, 10).
Angels therefore have something to do with being in a trance, seeing visions
through the Holy Spirit, and getting revelations through the Holy Spirit.

 Each true church has, perhaps, a special angel to minister to that
particular church (Revelation 1:20). Every saved person has an angel to
minister to him (Hebrews 1:14, Acts 12:15). Every child has the ministry of
angels, for the angels of children have constant access to the throne of God
in heaven. *(“Are they - the angels - not all ministering spirits, sent
forth to do service for the sake of them that shall inherit salvation?”
Hebrews 1:14. *The disciples believed not that it was Peter knocking at the
gate. *“They said, It is his angel.” Acts 12:15. “See that you despise not
one of these little ones: for I say unto you, that in heaven their angels do
always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 18:10.
Adullam believes we have guardian angels, as the Bible declares. When
anointed by the Holy Spirit, so that their spiritual eyes were opened
Adullam children have always seen angels about them.) *Angels always see us,
*(“We are made a spectacle unto the world both to angels and men.” 1
Corinthians 4:9) *though we seldom see angels. Angels differ in rank.

 Both the Old and New Testament furnish sufficient proof for the reality of
angelic ministry in the Adullam Home. We have already told of the visions of
angels rescuing children whom demons had bound with awful chains and were
dragging to hell. Angels, then, apparently have a part in saving the lost.
Since angels led these children to heaven and escorted them through the
golden streets and the glories of Paradise, it seems that angels have
something to do with the visions given Adullam. As most of the children who
spoke in other languages did so when they were dancing and singing with the
angels it may be that angels have something to do with speaking in other
languages, for it is is possible to speak with *“the tongues of angels” (1
Corinthians 13:1) *at times of mighty outpourings of the Spirit.

 The children also had wonderful visions of multitudes of angels flying in
the heavens, and sometimes they saw them fly from heaven to earth.

 *Angels in the Midst of and about Adullam*

 At the times when the presence of the Holy Spirit was especially manifest
many of the children saw angels near by or in the room. When they were
hindered by demon power they saw angels come to their release. On occasions
of the most blessed sense of the presence of the Lord in our midst and of
the sweetest harmony and love in the meeting, just above the room was a
large angel, while the room was entirely surrounded by smaller angels
standing side by side each touching the other to the right and left, so
there was not a space in the whole circle for the entrance of any demon. On
these occasions, when one or more of the children saw our angel garrison
about us, there were never any visions of demons in the room, as was very
frequently the case. One evening when our angel guard was about us in such
perfect rank children said they could hear demons outside the circle of
angels making an angry commotion because of their inability to hinder the
blessed fellowship in the Holy Spirit that was within the angels' circle.
Boys in Kotchiu had also seen this circle of angels.

 I shall never forget the blessed sense of the very presence of God that was
in those meetings in which the children saw the angel just above our happy,
Spirit-filled people. This angel looking down upon us, smilingly turned from
side to side to look at the angels that encircled us and to see that there
was not an entrance for the powers of darkness. I wondered if the angel
above us was not the special angel of Adullam and if the smaller angels of
lesser rank around us were not our individual guardians. At any rate, the
children saw the angels. Their eyes were usually closed when they saw them,
but sometimes they saw them with wide open eyes. We could believe, without
question that we were indeed in the presence of angels.

 *NOTE**: *Though this chapter on “Angels” is short - yet it has insights
that can be of very practical help to each one of us. We (my wife Marie and
I) do believe that each child has a guardian angel. One time when she felt
she had disciplined one of our children a bit too much, she received a
message from God

- *“Remember - his guardian angel told me all about it!”* This had a
profound and very practical result for all further discipline!

 As I prepare these readings from this book, and those of God's Bible
Numeric Interlinear Greek NT - I am continually conscious of supernatural
guidance and help both in format, and what to put in the “Notes”, and how to
illustrate truths in the text. Could this not be supernatural help to me
from my guardian angel? All angels are subject to the Holy Spirit.

 And prophetic insights, and the ability to speak in the tongues of men and
angels - can we not perceive that angels help all of us in gifts of
utterance, revelation and power? This encompasses *all* of the 9 gifts of
the Spirit found in 1 Corinthians 12:8-11. What an interesting insight is
this indeed!

 And a larger guardian angel over each local church, each city church and
each nation - Does this not have Scriptural warranty? In the Book of Daniel
we see that Michael the Archangel has been set as the guardian angel of the
nation Israel. He was able to defeat Satan's prince of the power of Persia
(Iran) - and allow Gabriel to finish the task God gave him in information
for Daniel, concerning Israel.

 Indeed, for many of us, this is an unknown realm - so - read carefully this
chapter again, especially the Scriptural references. The author, H.A. Baker,
is *not* saying a “Thus says the Lord” for his insights - yet they *do* bear
our earnest consideration. J.A.W.

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*