Mark 1:1-8

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 14:05:22 PDT 2010

September 3, 2010

*
<http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

*MARK - SUMMARY: THE GOSPEL OF SERVICE AND POWER*

 *I. 1:1-8 THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST - INTRODUCTION*

*a. 1:1 A beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ.*

ArCH*E* [746] tou eu-ag-geLIou [2098] I*e*SOU ChrisTOU.

 *b. 1:2-4 JOHN PREPARES FOR JESUS BY A REPENTANCE MESSAGE*

KaTH*O*S GEgrap-tai en t*o* *E*-SAIa t*o* proPH*E*t*e* [4396]:

*Even** as **it is written in :Isaiah the prophet:*

I-DOU, a-poSTELl*o* ton AGgeLON [32] mou pro proS*O*pou [4383] sou,

*Lo, I send my :messenger before your face,*

hos ka-ta-skeuAsei [2680] t*e*n hoDON [3598] sou;

*Who shall prepare your :way;*

ph*o*N*E* [5456] bo*O*Ntos [994] en t*e* eR*E*m*o* [2048],

*3 A voice of one crying in the wilderness,*

He-toiMAsa-te [2090] t*e*n hoDON KuRIou,

*Make you ready the way of the Lord,*

euTHEIas [2117] poiEIte tas TRIbous [5147] auTOU;-

*Make his :paths straight;-*

eGEne-to I*o*An*e*s, ho bapTIz*o*n [907] en t*e* eR*E*m*o* k*e*RUSs*o*n
[2784]

*4 John came, who was baptizing in the wilderness and preaching*

BAPtis-ma [908] me-taNOIas [3341] eis Aphe-sin [859] ha-mar-ti*O*N [266].

*a baptism of repentance unto remission of sins.*

 *c. 1:5 THE WIDE RESULTS OF JOHN'S MESSAGE*

kai e-xe-poREUe-to pros auTON PAsa h*e* IouDAIa CH*O*ra [5561],

*And all the country of Judea went out unto him,*

kai hoi Ie-ro-so-luMEItai PANtes; kai e-bapTIzon-to hup' auTOU

*and all they of Jerusalem; and were baptized of him*

en t*o* IorDAn*e* po-taM*O* [4215], e-xo-mo-loGOUme-noi [1843] tas
ha-marTIas auT*O*N.

*in the river Jordan, confessing their :sins.*

 *d. 1:6 JOHN'S FOOD AND CLOTHING*

kai *e*n ho I*o*An*e*s en-de-duMEnos [1746] TRIchas [2359] kaM*E*lou [2574]

*And :John was clothed with camel's hair*

kai Z*O*n*e*n [2223] der-maTIn*e*n [1193] peRI t*e*n osPHUN [3751] auTOU;

*and a leather girdle about his :loin;*

kai ESth*o*n aKRIdas [200] kai MEli [3192] Agri-on [66].

*and was eating locusts and wild honey.*

 *e. 1:7 JOHN HIGHLY EXALTS JESUS*

kai eK*E*rus-sen, LEg*o*n [2784],

*And he preached, saying,*

ERche-tai ho i-schuROteROS [2478] mou oPIs*o* mou, hou ouk eiMI hi-kaNOS
[2425]

*After me comes the one mightier than I, the latchet*

KUpsas [2955] LUsai [3089] ton hiMANta [2438] t*o*n hu-po-d*e*MAt*o*n
[5266]auTOU.

*of whose :shoes I am not fit to stoop down and unloose.*

 *f. 1:8 JOHN'S WATER MINISTRY CONTRASTED WITH JESUS' SPIRIT MINISTRY*

eG*O* eBAPti-sa [907] huMAS HUda-ti [5204];

*I baptized you with water;*

auTOS de bapTIsei huMAS PNEUma-ti [4151] HaGI*o* [40].

*but he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit.*

 *NOTE: *The Gospel of Mark with its first eight verses points up the
uniqueness of Panin's Discovery of Bible Numerics as it relates to a clearer
and more accurate context. The old adage of “A text without a context is a
pretext” applies here. God's Bible Numeric sentence, subdivision, paragraph
and Section structure - establishes a context for the entire NT with a
uniqueness not found anywhere else. For instance: between Ephesians chapter
1 and chapter 2, Bible Numerics makes but a *sentence* division - *not* a
chapter - as is normally found. Here in Mark, the first 8 verses form a
Section or chapter equivalent. This sets these 8 verses apart in a unique
and important manner. The next chapter equivalent section is Mark 1:9 to
6:29! This throws an entirely different light on these beginning 6 chapters
from the point of view of contextual understanding. I encourage all readers
of this Interlinear Greek NT based on the two texts of Ivan Panin - to
carefully examine all NT books from this outlined point of view. Many of the
insights found in my *NOTES* - spring out of such an examination. I am not
sure if even Panin himself saw the importance of outlining the entire NT on
the basis of his Discovery. God set this up at the time of each Hebrew and
Greek bible writer, and not even *they* were aware of this unusual and
helpful feature. It would seem that God has reserved the production of a
text featuring this Discovery of “Context” for the “Last Days,” preceding
the return of His Son - to offset the erroneous “Textural Criticism” of many
of the Liberal, Modernistic and Humanistic so-called scholars.

 It was in 1946 that I discovered the significance of Ivan Panin's
Discovery. Since then I have devoted tens of thousands of hours to produce
this Interlinear Greek NT, which has but 40 chapters to go for completion.
The enemy of our souls greatly hates and fears this production. Four
different individuals who call themselves friends of Ivan Panin, have done
everything in their power to undermine this work, giving it a twist that
completely destroys its efficacy. Normally - at 87 I should be too old to be
giving myself to this work. But I believe I have a mandate from God to do
this for Him - no matter how difficult. It is for me, then, a joy to have
heard his Word in 1967 - “Get *My* New Testament done!” This for me is then
a labor of love, and a privilege to please Him. If *He* is pleased, I am
pleased. If others are pleased and profit from it also, that is an extra
bonus. For *me alone* to make use of this Interlinear, the labor has been
worth it.

 Mark 1:8 contrasts John's *water* baptism with that of Jesus'
*Spirit*baptism. The two are analogous! They are both baptisms of
*immersion*, not “washing” as one has said. In the family of words or
cognates surrounding the root word *baptize*, (bapTIz*o*); there are 80
total references, with 4 parts of speech involved. All but one of these deal
with immersion. bap-tisMOS, appearing 4 times in the NT, *is* properly
translated a “washing”, but *none* of the other 76. This is an example where
“a little bit of Greek is a dangerous thing.” One of the 4 so-called friends
of Panin with no academic background in Greek, has changed Panin's
translation in all 80 cases to say “Washing” or “to wash.” Who needs enemies
when they have so-called friends? I do *not* count myself as a scholar. I
have had 2 years of classical Greek at the University of Saskatchewan under
Dr. Leddy, a Rhodes scholar; and 3 years of NT Greek, which does not make
one a scholar, but it does provide some background in this area. I have also
had 5 years of Latin and 5 years of Hebrew, which *again*, does
*not*qualify one as a scholar; but it does give somewhat to help Lay
folk make
use of the Bible Numeric Discoveries of Panin.

 In 1947 at St. Andrew's College, a Seminary of the United Church of Canada
in Saskatchewan, I studied the Gospel of Mark under Dr. John Corston from
Nova Scotia, who obtained his doctorate degree in Greek from Edinburgh,
Scotland. He knew this Gospel so thoroughly, that he could quote it in Greek
in its entirety, giving his own free translation as he went along. One day
for a special verse, he asked the 20 or so of us in the class, to read from
any other translation we happened to have, to give more light on the verse.
Mr. Thomas read from Panin's English translation, which he had purchased
from me. Dr. Corston said - “Mr. Thomas - that translation comes most
closely to the Greek text. From what are you reading?” When Mr. Thomas said
that it was Ivan Panin's translation, the professor replied - “Oh no! that
this could happen to me!” The average scholar is like Dr. Corston. He won't
even investigate the validity of Bible Numerics. Such scholars say, “This is
so incredible, that it's not even worth investigating!” Even many
Evangelical scholars often take this same position.

 But what *they* count incredible - God chose the only two languages in the
world, Hebrew and Greek, which have no numerical equivalents, for His Bible
of 66 books. (24 in the Jewish OT). When numbers are substituted for
letters, the Antichrist, the man of sin, when he comes, will be equivalent
to “666”. Jesus in Greek - I*e*SOUS” - is 888. Iota, 10; *E*ta, 8; Sigma,
200; Omi-cron, 70; Upsi-lon, 400; SIGma, 200; Total, *888*! Go to our
Website, *<www.2rbetter.org>;* and click on “Interlinear”. At the close of
the Introduction, is a “URL”, leading to Toronto, Canada, for an article on
“How to Use Bible Numerics to witness to Mathematical and Scientific
individuals.” There are 5 links in this article. The one under “Dr. Keith L.
Brooks,” is helpful as an introduction. It also makes available how to order
all books “by” or “on” Ivan Panin. Karl Sabiers book was written in 1941 one
year before Panin's death in Aldershot, Ontario. Sabiers interviewed him for
one year prior to the writing of this book, so it clearly represents the
final thinking of Panin on this Discovery. Panin's Introduction to his Bible
Numeric Greek NT is very helpful also, for those who desire to check out
more thoroughly this extraordinary Discovery. Panin was not the first to
make this Discovery. It had been uncovered by Astruc in the 1500's - but
Panin was the first to do 100,0000 hours of research to produce a Greek NT
with no alternate readings, and an English translation setting forth the
contextual basis of sentences, subdivision, paragraphs and Sections or
chapter equivalents. Because of this phenomenal research, he could be called
the true Discoverer.

 I apologize for the length of this *NOTE*: there are many already convinced
of the integrity of Panin's Discovery, and others who are interested to
research it for personal satisfaction. Men like Dr. Jowett of Scotland,
Winkey Pratney of New Zealand, Dr. David duPlessis of South Africa, are but
3 of hundreds who are satisfied with the Discovery claims of Dr. Panin.
J.A.W.

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*