Hebrews - Overview

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 14:19:38 PDT 2009

*July 27, 2009
<http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

   *T4301R. HEBREWS - OVERVIEW*

“*SUPERIORITY OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH”*

 *1. 1:13-14 (1-2) NEW COVENANT: SUPERIOR TO OLD. “But of which of the
angels has he ever said, Sit on my right **hand**, Till I make your :enemies
footstool of your :feet? **14 **Are **they** not all ministering spirits,
sent forth unto service for them that shall inherit salvation?” *Who is like
unto You, Father? Who is like unto Your Son Jesus? * **Hallowed be your
:name.*

 *2. 3:1-2 ( 3-4) MESSIAH: SUPERIOR TO MOSES. “Whence, holy brothers,
partakers of a heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our
:confession, Jesus; **2 **who was faithful to him that appointed him, as
also was Moses in all his :house.” *What an example You have given us here,
Father: Jesus and Moses; but the greater is Jesus! We too would be faithful.
*Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 6:17-18 ( 5-6) COVENANT: LEADS US INTO SPIRITUAL CANAAN. “Wherein :God,
intending to show more abundantly to the heirs of the promise the
immutability of his :counsel, mediated with an oath; **18 **that by two
immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we may have
strong encouragement, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set
before **us.”** *Father, You have made Jesus our six refuge cities! *Your
:will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 8:6 (7-10) MELCHIZEDEK: SUPERIOR TO AARON. “But now has he obtained a
ministry the more superior, by so much as he is also mediator of a better
covenant, which has been enacted upon better promises.” *This is Your Son
Jesus, Father. We rejoice in His 8-fold ministry. Work it into us. Show us
that You have made the whole Bible to be as *Torah*. *Our :daily :bread Give
us this day.** *

 *5. 11:6 (11) FAITH: SWALLOWS UP DOUBT. “And without faith it is impossible
to be well-pleasing; for who comes to :God must believe that he is, and is
rewarder of them that seek after him.” * Faith is the tap that opens up the
stream of Your promises, Father! The supply is always at hand, made
available through Calvary!

*And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors. *

 *6. 12:1 (12) ENDURANCE: BECAUSE WE ARE IN THE ARENA. “Therefore now we
also, having so great a cloud of witnesses encompassing us, let us lay aside
every weight, and the easily besetting sin, **and** let us run with patience
the race set before us.” *Angels and saints watch us in the arena, Father.
They encourage us to complete our race. *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 13:17 (13) LEADERSHIP: APPOINTMENT DEFEATING ANARCHY. “Obey th**os**e
ruling over you, and submit: for THEY watch in behalf of your :souls, as
they that shall give account; that they may do this with joy, and not
groaning: for this **is** unprofitable for you.” *You have the right Father,
to give us our marching orders concerning Your appointed leaders! *But
deliver us from the evil** one.*

 *NOTE**: *Probably few of the 66 books accepted in the Canon of Scripture,
have suffered more controversy over its authorship, than the book of
Hebrews.

 However, no one was closer to Timothy than the apostle Paul, and inasmuch
as he mentions this young man he chose to mentor following his first
missionary trip in Hebrews 13:23, it provides strong internal evidence that
Paul is the author. For those who are persuaded that God provided the
Russian Ivan Panin and his Bible Numeric Greek and English New Testament,
then a mathematical objective proof is added for confirmation.

 Of the 66 books of the Bible in the Canon of Scripture, the author 33 of
them are confirmed and ratified by Bible Numerics, including this book under
review and consideration.

 Another interesting point arises in this book. Dr. David Stern, author of
the Jewish New Testament and Commentary, comes up with a new insight in Hebrews
8:6, *“But now has He**, Jesus, ** obtained a ministry the more superior **than
Aaron**, by so much as he is also mediator of a better covenant, which has
been **constituted as Torah** upon better promises.” *The Greek word here is
“ne-no-moTHEt*e*-tai, which translates, “to be *established* as *Torah* or
law..

 In God's sight then, the New Testament is on the same level of authority to
Jews, as the Old Covenant! This is *indeed* an insight!

 As the Book of Romans by the Holy Spirit through Paul establishes
“Foundation Truths” for Gentiles, so then the Book of Hebrews by the Holy
Spirit through Paul establishes “Foundation Truths” for Jews! See Hebrews
6:1-2 for a list of the 6 basic foundations, plus the seventh: *going
on*unto perfection - or, splitting “doctrine of baptisms,” into two:
baptism
into water following repentance from dead works and faith unto God - by a
preacher; and then baptism by the Holy Spirit into Christ for the New Birth,
and baptism by Jesus into the Holy Spirit to fulfill the “Peter Package” of
Acts 2:38!

 Much more could be said concerning this remarkable book of “much better.”
But look at the 7 above divisions, and then over a period of time, vocally
meditate these truths back to God in prayer, and let the Lord through the
Holy Spirit set your heart aflame! - J.A.W.

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: