Deuteronomy - Overview

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 11:45:59 PDT 2009

   *T1401R - DEUTERONOMY - OVERVIEW - EXPERIENCE & OBEDIENCE*

 *1. 4:2 (1-4) REHEARSAL OF GOD'S DEALINGS. “You shall not add unto the word
which I command you, neither shall you diminish from it, that you may keep
the commandments of Jehovah your God which I command you.” *Here is a secret
and a Kingdom principle whereby we may inherit our spiritual land. Father,
show us the importance of knowing Your Word and keeping it! This is our
wisdom (Matthew 7:21-27). *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 11:14 (5-11) REPETITION OF DECALOGUE. Jehovah's promise to Israel for
keeping His commandments: “Then I will give the rain of your land in its
season, the former rain and the latter rain, that you may gather in the
grain, and your new wine, and your oil.” *If we recognize Your* *Kingdom
Father, and You as King, we will be blessed in the land. Help us to
understand the importance of this concept. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 18:22 (12-20) REVIEW OF INSTRUCTIONS. “When a prophet speaks in the
name of Jehovah, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the
thing which Jehovah has not spoken: the prophet has spoken it presumptuously,
you shall not be afraid of him.” *This is a wise word, and frees us from
confusion, doubt and condemnation. Thank You, Father! *Your :will be done,
As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 23:21-22 (21-26) REVIEW OF LAWS. “When you shall vow a vow unto Jehovah
your God, you shall not be slack to pay it: for Jehovah your God will surely
require it of you; and it would be sin in you. 22 But if you shall forbear
to vow, it shall be no sin in you.” *O forgive us Father, that we are so lax
and careless about our promises! This is not Your way. Your promises are
backed by *all the honor of Your Name* (Psalm 138:2). You lead us in the
paths of righteousness *for Your Name's sake*! *Our :daily :bread Give us
this day.*

 *5. 30:6 (27-30) RENEWAL OF COVENANT. “And Jehovah your God will circumcise
your heart, and the heart of your seed, to love Jehovah your God with all
your heart, and with all your soul, that you may live.” *Father, You knew
that Israel could not keep Your Covenant apart from the New Covenant. But
You knew Jesus and Pentecost was planned from the beginning. Now we on this
side of that, share its blessing through the One New Man! *And forgive us
our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 32:3-4 (31-33) REFORMS THROUGH SONG. “For I will proclaim the name of
Jehovah: Ascribe greatness unto our God. 4 The Rock, his work is perfect;
For all his ways are justice; A God of faithfulness and without iniquity,
Just and right is he.” *Father, You are justified in all You say and all You
do concerning us; there is no other God like You! Though we fail, yet You
remain faithful. *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 34:1a (34) REQUIEM FOR MOSES. “And Moses went up from the plains of
Moab unto mount Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, that is over against Jericho.
And Jehovah showed him all the land.” *What graciousness on Your part, O
Father! Yes, You loved Your servant Moses for His faithfulness, and even in
judgment showed him Your favor. *But deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: *Three times in the Bible, God gives this warning about adding or
taking away from His Word: once in the beginning here; once in the middle,
Proverbs 30:6; and once at the end, Revelation 22:18-19. In the mouth of 2
or 3 witnesses shall every word be confirmed. We must remember that these 66
books written by 33 known writers at the hands of the Holy Spirit, are all
the words of God through human writers (1 Cor 14:37; 2 Peter 1:21). And if
this is not enough, then God raised up His Russian servant Ivan Panin, to
confirm this through Bible Numerics.

 And of course in Deut 18:22, we have helpful words of comfort concerning
false prophets. Many false prophets and teachers are abroad in the church in
these last days, just as in the days of Israel and the early church. They
bring great confusion. But the words of God through Moses here, can settle
all such confusion.

 Then this promise in Deut 30:6 confirming the words of God through Jeremiah
in chapter 31, bring great hope in the coming of the New Covenant for the
One New Man. The Book of Hebrews lays this out with amazing clarity. We
should thank God every day that we are privileged to live and partake of
this New Covenant. Israel looked forward for 1400 years for our days. And
then most Jews rejected Jesus who came in the Name of Jehovah, and according
to Isaiah on 2 occasions, was set forth as *God's Covenant*!

 Deuteronomy is a special book of the Bible. It closes the Torah for Jews,
and the Pentateuch for Gentiles. It seals the first 5 books of the Bible.
Not only Genesis, but these 5 books are the Seed-plot of the Bible. By
Promise, Prophecy and Type, the New Testament has its roots; and by the New
Testament we find God's true thinking for all ages. Blessed be the Name of
our Triune God, whose Name is Jehovah. - J.A.W.

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: