1 Corinthians 10:14-11:l

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 20:24:30 PDT 2009

*June 22, 2009
<http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

  *D. 1 CORINTHIANS 10:14-11:1*

*LAW OF LOVE: HIGHER AUTHORITY THAN SELF-LIBERTY*

*1. 10:14-22 LINKAGE WITH DEMONISM: RESULT OF IDOLATRY*

*a. 10:14 A CLEAR CHARGE*

DiOper, a-ga-p*e*TOI [27] mou, PHEUge-te [5343] aPO t*e*s ei-d*o*-lo-laTRIas
[1495].

*Wherefore, my beloved, flee from :idolatry.*

 *b. 10:15 WISE MEN CAN UNDERSTAND*

h*o*s phroNImois [5429] LEg*o*; KRIna-te [2919] huMEIS HO ph*e*-mi.

*I speak as to wise men; judge what I say.*

 *c. 10:16a THE TRUE NATURE OF THE CUP OF BLESSING*

To poT*E*ri-on [4221] t*e*s eu-loGIas [2129] ho eu-loGOUmen,

*The cup of the blessing which we bless,*

ouCHI koi-n*o*NIa [2842] es-tin tou HAIma-tos [129] tou ChrisTOU?

*is it not communion of the blood of the Christ?*

 *d. 10:16b THE TRUE MEANING OF THE BREAD AT COMMUNION*

ton ARton [740] hon KL*O*men [2806],

*The bread which we break,*

ouCHI koi-n*o*NIa tou S*O*ma-tos [4983] tou ChrisTOU es-tin?

*is it not communion of the body of the Christ?*

 *e. 10:17 ONE LOAF POINTS TO THE ONE BODY OF CHRIST*

HOti heis ARtos, hen S*O*ma hoi polLOI es-men:

*Because we the many are one loaf, one body:*

hoi gar PANtes ek tou heNOS ARtou meTEcho-men [3348].

*for we all partake of the one bread.*

 *f. 10:18 ISRAEL AND HER SACRIFICES AT THE ALTAR*

BLEpe-te [991] ton Is-ra*E*L kaTA SARka [4561]:

*Observe the Israel after the flesh:*

ouch hoi esTHIon-tes [2068] tas thuSIas [2378] koi-n*o*NOI tou thu-si-as-t*e
*RIou [2379] eiSIN?

*have not they that eat the sacrifices communion with the altar?*

 *g. 10:19 QUESTIONS*

ti OUN ph*e*-mi? HOti ei-d*o*LOthuTON [1497] ti esTIN,

*What say I then? that aught sacrificed to idols is anything,*

*e* HOti EId*o*LON [1494] ti esTIN?

*or that an idol is anything?*

 *h. 10:20 A CLEAR WORD ON GENTILE WORSHIP*

all', HOti ha THUou-sin ta ETHn*e*,

*But I say, that the things which the nations sacrifice,*

dai-moNIois [1140], kai ou The*O* THUou-sin [2380]:

*they sacrifice to demons, and not to God:*

ou THEl*o* de huMAS koi-n*o*NOUS t*o*n dai-moNI*o*n GInes-thai.

*and I would not that you should have communion with demons.*

 *i. 10:21 BELIEVERS NO LONGER CAN HAVE BOTH*

ou DUnas-the poT*E*ri-on [4221] KuRIou PInein [4095] kai poT*E*ri-on
dai-moNI*o*n:

*You cannot drink the Lord's cup and a cup of demons:*

ou DUnas-the traPEz*e*s [5132] KuRIou meTEchein kai traPEz*e*s dai-moNI*o*n
[1140].

*you cannot partake of the Lord's table and of a table of demons.*

 *j. 10:22 QUESTION*

*e* pa-ra-z*e*LOUmen [3863] ton KUri-on: m*e* is-chuROte-roi [2478] auTOU
es-men?

*Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy: are we stronger than he?*

 *2. 10:23-24 LAW OF LOVE SUPERCEDES SELF-PLEASING*

*a. 10:23a LAWFULNESS AND EXPEDIENCY ARE NOT SYNONYMOUS*

PANta Exes-tin [1832]; all' ou PANta sumPHErei [4851].

*All things are lawful; but not all are expedient.*

 *b. 10:23b EDIFICATION TAKES PRIORITY OVER WHAT IS LAWFUL*

PANta Exes-tin; all' ou PANta oi-ko-doMEI [3618].

*All are lawful; but not all build up.*

 *c. 10:24 PRINCIPLE: SEEK THE GOOD OF OTHERS BEFORE SELF*

m*e*DEIS to he-auTOU z*e*TEIt*o* [2212], alLA to tou heTErou.

*Let no man seek his own, but the good of the other.*

 *3. 10:25-30 IDOL MEAT: LEGITIMATE EXCEPT WHEN OTHERS STUMBLED*

*a. 10:25-26 RULE FOR BELIEVERS*

Pan to en maKELl*o* p*o*LOUme-non [4453], esTHIe-te,

*Everything :sold in shambles, eat, *

m*e*DEN a-na-KRInon-tes [350] diA t*e*n suNEId*e*-sin [4893];

*asking no question for :conscience' sake;*

tou KuRIou gar h*e* g*e*, kai to PL*E*r*o*-ma [4138] auT*E*S.

*26 for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.*

 *b. 10:27 FURTHER INSIGHT*

ei tis kaLEI huMAS t*o*n aPISt*o*n [571],

*if one of the unbelieving invite you to a feast, *

kai THEle-te poREUes-thai; pan to pa-ra-tiTHEme-non [3908] huMIN esTHIe-te,

*and you wish to go; eat whatever is :set before you,*

m*e*DEN a-naKRInon-tes [350] diA t*e*n suNEId*e*-sin [4893].

*asking no question for :conscience' sake.*

 *c. 10:28-29 EXCEPTION FOR CONSCIENCE' SAKE*

eAN de tis huMIN EIp*e*, TOUto hi-eROthuTON [1494] es-tin,

*But if any one say to you, This has been offered in sacrifice,*

m*e* esTHIe-te, di' eKEInon ton m*e*NUsan-ta [3377], kai t*e*n suNEId*e*
-sin:

*eat not, for :his sake that showed it, and for :conscience:*

suNEId*e*-sin, de LEg*o*, ouCHI t*e*n he-auTOU, alLA t*e*n tou heTErou;

*29 conscience, I say, however, not :your own, but the :other's;*

HIna ti gar h*e* e-leu-theRIa [1657] mou KRIne-tai [2919] huPO ALl*e*s
su-neiD*E*se-*o*s?

*for why is my :liberty judged by another conscience?*

 *d. 10:30 QUESTION*

ei eG*O* CHAri-ti meTEch*o*,

*If I partake with thankfulness,*

ti blas-ph*e*MOUmai [987] huPER hou eG*O* eu-cha-risT*O* [2168]?

*why am I evil spoken of for what I give thanks?*

 *4. 10:31-11:1 FOLLOW PAUL'S EXAMPLE IN THE LAW OF LOVE*

*a. 10:31 THE GLORY OF GOD: THE PLUMBLINE FOR ALL WE DO!*

EIte oun esTHIe-te, EIte PIne-te, EIte ti poiEIte,

*Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or whatever you do,*

PANta eis DOxan TheOU poiEIte.

*do all to the glory of God.*

 *b. 10:32-33 THREE AREAS IN WHICH WE ARE TO GIVE NO OFFENCE*

aPROSko-poi [677] kai 'IouDAIois GInes-the,

*Give no occasion of stumbling,*

kai HELl*e*-sin, kai t*e* ek-kl*e*SIa [1577] tou TheOU:

*either to Jews, or to Greeks, or to the church of :God:*

kaTH*O*S ka' 'G*O* PANta PAsin aRESk*o* [700],

*33 even as I also please all in all things,*

m*e* z*e*T*O*N [2212] to e-mauTOU SUMphe-ron [4851], alLA to t*o*n polL*O*N,

*not seeking my own :profit, but that of the many,*

HIna s*o*TH*O*sin [4982].

*that they may be saved.*

 *c. 11:1 PAUL: OUR EXAMPLE TO IMITATE*

mi-m*e*TAI [3402] mou GInes-the, kaTH*O*S ka' 'G*O* ChrisTOU.

*Become imitators of me, even as I also am of Christ.*

 *NOTE**: The numeric scripture structure here in 11:1 - belongs to the
preceding portion! And - this Numeric Interlinear Greek New Testament is
extremely **attention consuming. My goal for this - is - not one error! My
mother, long with the Lord now - had a part in this. Her saying was, “If a
thing is worth doing at all, it is worth doing well!” Of course, there
aretypos and errors. Thanks to you who note them, and let me know. The
corrections are made! God deserves the very best in all of this, for it is
HIS Numeric Interlinear Greek New Testament. Ivan Panin under God took 10
years in perfecting a Numeric Greek Lexicon before he commenced applying
Numerics to Westcott and Hort's Greek NT text. It was this tool that enabled
him to test the 3000 alternate readings mainly from the 7 complete Greek
manuscripts, and produce the Numeric Greek text with no alternate
readings!His English translation with it, provides an accurate context
for every NT
verse and word! It is this corrected text that appears in this Interlinear
NT, only transliterated, to make it easier for laymen without knowledge of
Greek. The presentation of his English translation has been inserted into
the Greek text, again to make it easier for laymen to use. The Strong's
numbers have been inserted following each significant Greek word, not above
it - again to make it easier for the use of laymen.*

 *The summary of each sentence occurred to me as a possibility in 1945, when
I read the introduction to Panin's Numeric Greek NT, and noted his discovery
that even the sentence structure, sub-paragraphs, paragraphs and sections
(chapter equivalents) are established by Bible Numerics. I thought - What if
I summarized each sentence; gathered the summaries into sub-paragraphs; the
sub-paragraphs into paragraphs; the paragraphs into sections - What would I
discover?*

 *I tried it out first with Ephesians, and discovered such a clarity and
understanding that came to this book, that I did it for the entire Numeric
Greek NT! It is transforming! It sheds light on every Commentary!*

 *One white preacher gave a commentary to a black preacher, and couldn't
wait to get his comments on it! Finally this is what he heard - “Well, boss,
it's just amazing how much light the Bible throws on that Commentary-book!”*

 *That's the way I feel about Bible Numerics through Panin - and the
multitude of Commentaries on the Bible! *

 *I hope in the not too distant future to have completed the 21 apostolical
epistles of the NT - plus the Book of Revelation; - then Acts, John,
Matthew, Mark and Luke. Bear with me; pray for me! I turn 86 in less than 2
weeks - and there's much land yet to possess!*

 *P.S. I am sure you have noted the blank space above my titles. These are
not inspired. They are mine! The space is to encourage you to cross out any
of my titles that do not appeal to you, and substitute them with your own. I
am not going to take your suggestions and replace mine with them! I am too
old and time is at a premium. You have the privilege of producing your
ownNumeric Interlinear Greek NT with your
own summaries. Right? Of course - right! J.A.W.*

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: