Respect our Wishes

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 15:12:40 PST 2009

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

   *“RESPECT OUR WISHES”** - 2009-03-05*

*Secretary of State Clinton*

*must accept that most Israelis object to two-state solution*

*- Arieh Eldad - a National Union Knesset member of Israel*

 *Dear Ms. Clinton,*

 *This letter was originally written in Hebrew, which you would probably
have trouble reading. However, I know that more than a language barrier
stands between us. More than 3,000 years of history make a difference too.
There are historic lessons and perspectives that the Jewish people learned
in person. At this time, on the eve of Purim, when again we see a Persian
archenemy planning to exterminate us, all the ancient defense mechanisms are
emerging within us - the ones that refuse to buy into the false promises of
those who view themselves as Israel's friends, and as such tell us what is
good for the Jewish people and for the State of Israel.*

 *You came here from the world's greatest and strongest democracy. You come
from the Democratic Party and you know how to recite the familiar mantras,
claiming that the United States respects Israel's democracy and will
cooperate with any elected Israeli government.*

 *Well, Israeli democracy has spoken: Most Israeli citizens do not wish to
establish an Arab state in our homeland. If your democracy is real, you
should of course respect the democracy of others as well.*

 *However, as we all realize that what guides the US is not democracy in
other countries, but rather, what the American Administration perceives as
American interests - it would be worthwhile to remind you of Einstein's
definition for madness. He said that madness is the attempt to repeat the
same action time and again, in the hopes that the result will be different
next time.*

 *The US, while conveniently ignoring the values of democracy, attempted on
more than one occasion to appease aggressors, especially by sacrificing the
interests of other states. Yet it always ended disastrously. Only when these
aggressors attacked the US, its citizens, or its interests, America changed
its policy.*

 *At this time it appears that the US is planning to appease the Iranians,
Syrians, and Palestinians by paying with “Israeli currency.” As you recall,
dear Ms. Clinton, we have too much history. We remember what happened when
the Free World was willing to sacrifice Czechoslovakia in order to appease
Hitler. We are unwilling to risk our very existence in order for the US to
buy itself a quiet withdrawal from Iraq.*

 *ENCOURAGING TERRORISM*

*Nobody really thinks that words or economic sanctions will prevent Iran
from producing nuclear weapons. America's declarations that it will destroy
Iran should it dare attack Israel with nuclear weapons don't help us,
because we are unwilling to be the excuse for attacking Iran after we've
already been exterminated. This too is a historical lesson we bear. We are
also unwilling to see the desire to appease Sunnis in Iraq to prompt an
American payment to the Syrians and Palestinians.*

 *Don't you understand that pressing Israel to renounce the Golan Heights in
order to buy Syrian cooperation with the withdrawal from Iraq will not calm
the Mideast, bring peace, or reinforce western democracy? Rather, it will
encourage Arabs to continue on the path of terrorism because you will prove
to them that terrorism pays off.*

 *Dozens of bloody conflicts are taking place worldwide. The vast majority
pit Muslims against their neighbors. The US is not fighting Jihadist terror
in Afghanistan and Iraq because Israel is building houses in the West Bank.
One cannot cure a global disease by using a local lotion; however, you may
prompt a global Jihad flare-up should you try to sacrifice Israel's
interests in order to appease Muslim terror.*

 *And if everything is no more than a show - hollow words empty of all
substance - and the only purpose of your visit was to press the upcoming
government to form a cabinet that would be convenient for the US and bring
leftist Trojan horses into it - then certainly it would be worthwhile to
remind you, Ms. Secretary of State, that Tzipi Livni or Ehud Barak failed to
realize your dream or President's Bush's vision - to give the Arabs another
state - even when they were in power.*

 *So why should this suicidal attempt succeed now, after they lost the
support of the Israeli people? Ms. Clinton, do you also believe that only
Liked can realize the plans of Peace Now?*

 *Arieh Eldad is a National Union Knesset member*

 *NOTE*: I have received notices from 2 receivers of my last article
concerning “multiple emails”.

 Here is a possible explanation + a suggestion of help from our Webmaster.

 “It looks like *yahoo.ca* has been dropping a lot of connections. When it
drops “postfix” (my mail server), it does not know if the mail has been sent
or not, so it tries again. I think this is a problem on the *yahoo.ca* end
of things, so they will hopefully fix it. You might want to ask the people
if they are getting multiple emails *from other people* as well, or just
your mailing.”

 Jim Watt

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>